You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
donlokiman

Non-English speakers insult..

17 comments in this topic

[PNP]
Beta Testers
250 posts
16,375 battles

I have a friend I play the game with and his first language is not english.  He picked up a habit of saying people 'bot'.  Now I know that he does not quite understand the word and he is assuming they it is an insult, like 'potato'.  But honestly he may have coined the perfect insult in more ways than one to compliment potato.

Bot, now a verb?  :hmm:

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
11,575 battles

I played like a real bot last night

I don't know, doesn't work for me.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
158 posts
1,167 battles

If it can be said insultingly ( I don't know if that's a word..) then it's an insult mate. WELCOME TO ENGLISH!

• Cool 1

Members
3,243 posts
1,579 battles

If it can be said insultingly ( I don't know if that's a word..) then it's an insult mate. WELCOME TO ENGLISH!

And today I'm just going to go around calling everyone an unfolded sock.  

[PNP]
Beta Testers
250 posts
16,375 battles

I played like a real bot last night

I don't know, doesn't work for me.

Here is an example of something he said.. "Our BB's bot"  when a bunch of our BB's ignored warnings and sailed into a torpedo trap.
Edited by donlokiman
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

"Watch where you're going you carpet smelling, concrete laying, cabinet making, bath taking, son of a apple pie!"

Am I doing it right?

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,101 battles

"Watch where you're going you carpet smelling, concrete laying, cabinet making, bath taking, son of a apple pie!"

Am I doing it right?

Except for the "apple pie part".  That's un-American.

Like me!

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Here is an example of something he said.. "Our BB's bot"  when a bungh of our BB's ignored warnings and sailed into a torpedo trap.

"To bot" usually means "to use an AFK bot script", i.e. a literal accusation. I guess it could be used as an insult, implying "person who acts like a script would", but I haven't seen it used like that very often.

Members
358 posts
11,949 battles

I guess intolerance is not a short coming here either?  

I have a friend I play the game with and his first language is not english.  He picked up a habit of saying people 'bot'.  Now I know that he does not quite understand the word and he is assuming they it is an insult, like 'potato'.  But honestly he may have coined the perfect insult in more ways than one to compliment potato.

I get salty at times but never never insult someone because they are attempting a second language.  

It is harder to explain it to someone than it is to insult them I guess?... Intolerance is in no short supply but I sincerely wish it would go the way of the Dinosaur... 

Only saving grace is that "Karma" will always give back what you give out... So for the intolerant >  You know what to expect back... So either you can become Tolerant member of Society or Society can become intolerant of your ability to be intolerant.  Karma can be a [edited]  

Just my 2 cent's... for what it worth

[PNP]
Beta Testers
250 posts
16,375 battles

I guess intolerance is not a short coming here either?  

I get salty at times but never never insult someone because they are attempting a second language.  

It is harder to explain it to someone than it is to insult them I guess?... Intolerance is in no short supply but I sincerely wish it would go the way of the Dinosaur... 

Only saving grace is that "Karma" will always give back what you give out... So for the intolerant >  You know what to expect back... So either you can become Tolerant member of Society or Society can become intolerant of your ability to be intolerant.  Karma can be a [edited]  

Just my 2 cent's... for what it worth

No No, im not insulting him.. I am saying I like his insult. . I am pondering if he has created something unique. You misread what I meant.
Edited by donlokiman

[PNP]
Beta Testers
250 posts
16,375 battles

"To bot" usually means "to use an AFK bot script", i.e. a literal accusation. I guess it could be used as an insult, implying "person who acts like a script would", but I haven't seen it used like that very often.

^ you got it exactly.. He may have stumbled on something cool.. lol

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

Intolerance is in no short supply but I sincerely wish it would go the way of the Dinosaur... 

Intolerance has been around since the dawn of time and won't go away so long as people believe there's a reason to be intolerant.

Edited by 1Sherman
  • Cool 1

Members
800 posts
7,359 battles

Brazilians use "bot" as a synonym for "noob" since CS 1.6. A bot is someone that play as bad as a dumb AI (in WoWs that would be sailing in a straight line after you spot a DD and then get hit by 20 torps).

We also use "cone" (like in traffic cone, because you are useless and won't move or take an action) and cotoco (basically you are insinuating that someone has missing fingers, or hand).

Members
358 posts
11,949 battles

No No, im not insulting him.. I am saying I like his insult. . I am pondering if he has created something unique. You misread what I meant.

Sorry mate... I do tend to misinterpret at times.

Edited by NorthBayite

Beta Testers
1,023 posts
2,801 battles

Always thought that being told you play like a bot was an insult. That may be my Counter-Strike days though (Are you crouching? Jeez are you a bot or something).