Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gray191411

Tier 8-10 Repair Costs

Repair Costs  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Should Repair costs be lowered?

2. 2. If it should be changed, by how much?

72 comments in this topic

[IPWA]
Members
46 posts
6,837 battles

Hello everyone! ​Let me first add that this is my opinion, but from what I can tell, I am not alone.

I am a higher tiered player, I have Hakaryu (350k if you die) and Moskva (250k if you die) and I am working on grinding Japanese BB's, currently on Amagi. I just cannot make credits even doing well, because more than 50% time, I die in my Moskva or Amagi. I am not the best cruiser player, an average high tiered CV player, and an above average BB player. If I do 100k dmg in my Moskva then die, I end up with -100k credits minimum. If I got too far away from my team in Hakaryu, I lose at least 200k credits. Tier 10 ships are supposed to be a reward, "Congratulations, you reached the pinnacle of your grind! Now you can never make credits again. I agree with what zachr99 says in

from 4:00 to 6:30 in the video. If you are like, oh just leave it its completely fine, then thats because you have 23 MILLION credits! I struggle to hold over a million because I will have one t10 battle where I die and then poof, there goes my stockpile. Please Wargaming, hear our pleas for action!

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,114 battles

I voted yes to 20%. 20% off of the Yamato cost is a lot. I could see non premium folks wanting 35% but 50% is insane with the fact that you already get 10% from flags you can buy.

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

They tried lowering it. It wasn't enough, it didn't work.

Better solution. Support it: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/94722-making-t10-feel-fun-rather-than-punishing/page__view__findpost__p__2327115__fromsearch__1

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

I voted yes to 20%. 20% off of the Yamato cost is a lot. I could see non premium folks wanting 35% but 50% is insane with the fact that you already get 10% from flags you can buy.

If you have worked your way up painfully to the grand prize- you should not have to put real money into the game to have a shot at breaking even.

Put another way. T10s are supposed to be a prize, not a house mortgage.

Edited by Stratego89

[IPWA]
Members
46 posts
6,837 battles

What if you do not want to spend money to get flags or premium ships? I believe 35-50% is a better choice because of the fact that you can actually make a 100k-200k profit from these ships instead of a deficit after taking all you time to GET to tier ten.

[IPWA]
Members
46 posts
6,837 battles

The main thing, is that WG needs to hear that many gamers would like lower repair costs, and do something about it. Take a look at the link from 4:00 to 6:30, what he says makes sense.

Alpha Tester
737 posts
9,014 battles

They will try to lower the cost with loot boxes. Don't ask how because I have no idea!

If that doesn't work, they will reduce the repair cost like they did in july.

So I think it's pointless creating this kind of topic. :unsure:

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

If you have worked your way up painfully to the grand prize- you should not have to put real money into the game to have a shot at breaking even.

And that's where you're wrong. This isn't WoW where you get that best sword and it's the end all be all.  Tier 10 is just another tier, and it's supposed to be a sink. Granted in tanks it's more manageable than ships and that's the only real issue.

The climb is like going from a honda civic to a Bugatti veyron. The Veyron is not going to be cheap to operate, neither is that tier 10.  Better have provisioned for it.  Called planning, USE IT.

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

And that's where you're wrong. This isn't WoW where you get that best sword and it's the end all be all.  Tier 10 is just another tier, and it's supposed to be a sink. Granted in tanks it's more manageable than ships and that's the only real issue.

The climb is like going from a honda civic to a Bugatti veyron. The Veyron is not going to be cheap to operate, neither is that tier 10.  Better have provisioned for it.  Called planning, USE IT.

Why should we not be able to enjoy the T10s without fear of losing a bunch of money as long as they make sure there's enough enticers to keep us going back to all the other tiers too? Answer: there is no reason whatsoever.

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,114 battles

Definitely didn't break to bank getting to Tier 10. $10 for 100 battles, sales on premium and doubloons often enough. I only have 3 X's but I am at Tier 8 of every line except the IJN CV.

[IPWA]
Members
46 posts
6,837 battles
My opinion is that t10 should be a reward, and there will always be players that are newer playing the lower tiers so that you can play your t10s as often as you like since you have shown enough loyalty to the game where you have reached the pinnacle of a tier, over 700k exp and a lot of game time. And 20 mil to buy a t10 ship? Really?

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

Definitely didn't break to bank getting to Tier 10. $10 for 100 battles, sales on premium and doubloons often enough. I only have 3 X's but I am at Tier 8 of every line except the IJN CV.

I said AT T10, not getting TO T10.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Why should we not be able to enjoy the T10s without fear of losing a bunch of money as long as they make sure there's enough enticers to keep us going back to all the other tiers too? Answer: there is no reason whatsoever.

Actually my idea is like in tanks. Where if you're good enough you can sit at tier 10 and mitigate the repair costs if not make a LITTLE. But only if you're good enough. Problem with ships, noone is good enough regardless of how hard they try.

Only issue with tier 10.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

because you knew what the cost of T10 was before grinding it there (or buying your way to t10)      losing 100k if you are using 4 premium consumable means you are breaking even.      heck, you can lose money at 7 if you use premium and have a bad match.

T10's only reward is that you are top tier every match and has advantage.  this advantage has large cost.  you made a choice to get there knowing this.  lol.  T10 is not reward for hardwork.  success is the reward.    you better be willing to spend some real money if you want to show off your t10.  heck I hardly play my t9s already.     Most t10 matches are no fun anyway.

if you are running Hak, itshould cost even more since they make the match no fun for rest o the team  :trollface:

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,114 battles

I said AT T10, not getting TO T10.

The changes they made in June and July were fine. My 10's are BB's and I have no problem playing some T5 premiums to make enough bank to play a few more 10 games. I don't even enjoy 10's that much in this meta. Thus my Fujin and Murmansk games. I prefer 5-8 which has very little economical issues even for F2P players if they play at an average rate.

[IPWA]
Members
46 posts
6,837 battles

Again, the main thing is no matter how much you agree or disagree, something needs to happen. You can say that t10 is fine, or I at least break out even, but some of us do not have premium accounts and credits 4 days! Hear us WG! xD

Members
368 posts
1,545 battles

I think the T8 ship economy is perfect. I had two pretty mediocre games today in Benson and North Carolina, both losses. I lost 30-50k credits each game running premium repair/smoke/speed and repair/heal.

I followed that up with two good games, both resulting in wins and I earned over 100k profit in both games.

I think that is a perfect economy for high tier ships. Play well personally and contribute to a win = you make money even if you are running premium consumables. Play mediocre and lose = you lose money if you're running premium consumables and would probably only break even without them. Play poorly and lose = you lose money. Play mediocre and win? small gain. (This is all with running a premium account btw) 

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

There's definitely some psychology at play in high tiers related to the repair fees.

Nobody likes seeing negative numbers. Even if you had a game where you utterly dominated, seeing that negative payout crushes any good feels that the game might have created, because it creates this sense that you weren't "good enough".

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,170 posts
15,765 battles

Again, the main thing is no matter how much you agree or disagree, something needs to happen. You can say that t10 is fine, or I at least break out even, but some of us do not have premium accounts and credits 4 days! Hear us WG! xD

They don't want people to only play the top tiers. If your credit balance is that low you need to play the middle tiers and build it back up again.

[IPWA]
Members
46 posts
6,837 battles
I am saying that's fine, but its just TOO high of a penalty. If a loss and death was -100k, maybe you should only have to pay like 25k and up in losses, because it is impossible to really make a substantial profit at t10.

[IPWA]
Members
46 posts
6,837 battles

I think the T8 ship economy is perfect. I had two pretty mediocre games today in Benson and North Carolina, both losses. I lost 30-50k credits each game running premium repair/smoke/speed and repair/heal.

I followed that up with two good games, both resulting in wins and I earned over 100k profit in both games.

I think that is a perfect economy for high tier ships. Play well personally and contribute to a win = you make money even if you are running premium consumables. Play mediocre and lose = you lose money if you're running premium consumables and would probably only break even without them. Play poorly and lose = you lose money. Play mediocre and win? small gain. (This is all with running a premium account btw) 

​Yes, t8 is fine. I am talking about Izumo, Moskva, Yamato, Iowa, Montana, etc

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,170 posts
15,765 battles

There's definitely some psychology at play in high tiers related to the repair fees.

Nobody likes seeing negative numbers. Even if you had a game where you utterly dominated, seeing that negative payout crushes any good feels that the game might have created, because it creates this sense that you weren't "good enough".

Yeah, that is definitely a factor. The other day I played two matches in my NC, the first was rather mediocre but having premium and not running any premium consumables while surviving I profited 20k credits. In the next also with no premium consumables I did decent, about my ships HP in damage, but I died so lost 5K. Both matches were losses. The repair cost for a sunk ship could probably use some adjustment but they are walking a fine line as too much of a reduction would allow too many players to never leave the upper tiers.

[WOLFD]
Members
976 posts

Wg is not about to lower costs. Only the most dedicated players only play t10. The kind of players that will spe d real money on gold just to convert it to silver for repair costs. This actually makes wg money. The whole point of business is to make money.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,310 battles

Hello everyone! ​Let me first add that this is my opinion, but from what I can tell, I am not alone.

I am a higher tiered player, I have Hakaryu (350k if you die) and Moskva (250k if you die) and I am working on grinding Japanese BB's, currently on Amagi. I just cannot make credits even doing well, because more than 50% time, I die in my Moskva or Amagi. I am not the best cruiser player, an average high tiered CV player, and an above average BB player. If I do 100k dmg in my Moskva then die, I end up with -100k credits minimum. If I got too far away from my team in Hakaryu, I lose at least 200k credits. Tier 10 ships are supposed to be a reward, "Congratulations, you reached the pinnacle of your grind! Now you can never make credits again. I agree with what zachr99 says in

from 4:00 to 6:30 in the video. If you are like, oh just leave it its completely fine, then thats because you have 23 MILLION credits! I struggle to hold over a million because I will have one t10 battle where I die and then poof, there goes my stockpile. Please Wargaming, hear our pleas for action!

Play lower tier ships until you can build up enough credits to play your high tier ships. Mid range tiers (5 or 6) are credit farms and still enjoyable. You act like now that you've reached tier 10 you should never, ever have to play a lower tier match again. Well, you don't, but you'd better get real good real quick, or find a rich uncle.

Sign in to follow this