Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Scytheon

Scharnhorst Tips

5 comments in this topic

Members
93 posts
6,252 battles

Alright, so a couple weeks back I bought the Sharnhorst, my first premium but I figure since I've been playing a year I'm just "paying" for the game and the entertainment it's given. I just want to start by saying that I primarily play cruisers and up till now my experience in bbs was limited to figuring out how I can make their lives more difficult. That being said, I adore the Scharnhorst, for me it seems to be the absolute perfect mix of flexibility and durability. I play aggressively (but not stupidly), this generally works out for me in my cruisers and while I rarely don't wind up near the top of the leader-board in the Scharn, there are some things I would like to improve upon. 

Destroyers, more importantly their smoke. In my cruisers I usually run with hydro-acoustic which allows me to chase them out and keep the pressure on. Unfortunately the Scharn does not have hydro, and I've found aggressive cruisers who do run with it few and far between. So while I have not problem aiming and murdering dds anywhere within ~13k of me and usung WASD hax to foil 90% of torpedo strikes, their smoke grinds my advance to a halt. Without hydro I've found it incredibly risky to chase them into the smoke with 2k detection. On the flipside the detectability of my boat usually means that while they cannot see me, somebody else can and when I turn they can get a good torp strike out from the safety of smoke. Any tips from experienced bb players on this matter would be appreciated. 

Edited by Scytheon

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

Torpedo the smoke with yours and profit.  I have a habit of charging the smoke though so may not be the best one to talk to about that in the Scharnhorst lol

[HEROS]
-Members-
1,462 posts
5,897 battles

If it's broadside, AP the piss out of it! :)  If not... find something that is.  APing large chunks of health off of DD's is fun too! :)

And another video for ole' time's sake:

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper

Sign in to follow this