You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_uO7eEzhrDxsi

Things I've noticed in my first 3 weeks playing

40 comments in this topic

Members
687 posts

First and foremost, this game is more addicting than crack. The community has been awesome in welcoming an old guy who has not played a computer game in years. You guys are a patient lot to be sure, at least I've found that to be true. Learning how to use the gun sight relative to distance and lead time was something that I wish I'd known in the very beginning. And the foremost thing, people love setting me on fire! 

Have a great weekend and remember, it's a game, have fun with it.

:) 

• Cool 11

[SPTR]
Members
20,155 posts
6,159 battles

First and foremost, this game is more addicting than crack. The community has been awesome in welcoming an old guy who has not played a computer game in years. You guys are a patient lot to be sure, at least I've found that to be true. Learning how to use the gun sight relative to distance and lead time was something that I wish I'd known in the very beginning. And the foremost thing, people love setting me on fire! 

http://bdn.i.ntere.st/p/13256193/image

*ahem* Sorry about that. The community is very happy to help! :):honoring:

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game!

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,750 battles

If only there wasn't so much potatoes

Salute~!

o7

without potatoes we wouldn't have "good" players tony.:sceptic: Someone always has to be weaker for another someone to be strong!
  • Cool 1

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

without potatoes we wouldn't have "good" players tony.:sceptic: Someone always has to be weaker for another someone to be strong!

You're right..!

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

No worries about the red.  I think I was somewhere around 39% at 200 games.  It's all about attitude at this point, and you sound like you have good attitude.

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

Yeah.

As advice, every time you're sunk, think back and try to understand what you did that git you sunk.

Also, spectating others after you've sunk is a great way to pick up on stuff you should (or shouldn't lol) do.

Happy Hunting!

• Cool 1

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles

Glad to see you're enjoying the game, Prushn.  If you ever see me online, I'd be more than willing to division up with you and help you get a better feel for things.

Just keep an open mind and never stop learning.  Heck, even at 3000 battles, I'm still learning new things I never knew before.

• Cool 1

[RS]
Members
378 posts
22,723 battles

I will echo Ace, I'm always open to division up with someone who wants to learn. My stats are still down from a rocky start and I'm closing in on my 4000 game, plus I'm usually farming credits at lower tiers to pay for the repair costs of higher ones. 

As for the fires? Avoiding them is an art form or you have to pray to RNGesus, neither works well.

See you in game 

Members
687 posts

Awesome guys and thanks! If you see me in game and notice something I'm doing that nuts please let me know, critiques are welcome. the big thing I've noticed when I die so far is how far forward I've pushed a position in view and field of fire of multiple ships. This morning I ended up alone way out on a flank facing 2 DDs and a BB. Did not turn out well for me. For some reason I have a hard time getting my focus back on the mini map between shots.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

Awesome guys and thanks! If you see me in game and notice something I'm doing that nuts please let me know, critiques are welcome. the big thing I've noticed when I die so far is how far forward I've pushed a position in view and field of fire of multiple ships. This morning I ended up alone way out on a flank facing 2 DDs and a BB. Did not turn out well for me. For some reason I have a hard time getting my focus back on the mini map between shots.

The hardest thing for me to learn but has reaped the most improved in game benefit is situational awareness, figuring out who can target me now and in 30 seconds if I turn to port or starboard, 

That and never sail straight RNG loves straight.. Welcome to the game from an older guy

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

Press M this takes you to the Tactical map .. Out of game but it shows all ships visable to you "True" heading something the minimap does not

Members
687 posts

There were two things that I learned this week. One was the fact that I can actually change the size of the mini map I never knew how to do that. The second  was to use the left shift key to come back out of the zoom mode. Prior to that I was trying to use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out and change views which is very slow. 

Members
738 posts
6,483 battles

Glad you are liking the game. It IS more addictive than crack. I never spent $1000 or 30+ hours a week on any other game. 

Thise of us who invest money and time into the game are quite passionate and vocal about problems in the game and ways to improve them. Carrier gameplay being a perfect example.

Edited by lord_of_storms

Members
35 posts
1,503 battles

I second this. 

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

As advice, every time you're sunk, think back and try to understand what you did that git you sunk.

Yep.  And at about 3000 games, I still have those moments where I look back and think "That didn't work very well", or "That was stupid".  Then again, sometimes I look back and think "Damn, I just kicked butt".

• Cool 2

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

I have to give you a salute :honoring: of respect for being man enough to post your stats in your Sig.  Not many would be brave enough to do it with all that red hehe.   Glad your having fun!!!

Edited by Midnitewolf

Members
687 posts

Yep.  And at about 3000 games, I still have those moments where I look back and think "That didn't work very well", or "That was stupid".  Then again, sometimes I look back and think "Damn, I just kicked butt".

Lol! I have those thoughts all the time of what the heck was I thinking on that one. I'm just starting to have some battles go my way where I can smile and think that might have worked out well for me that time. The advice I've been getting on here has been awesome!