You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Talos3567

Prince Eugene-Shame on you WG

68 comments in this topic

Members
64 posts

I have waiting for 3 years for her to arrive in the game. The Prince Eugene is a legendary ship. It finally took a nuclear blast to take her down-even then she was a tough bird to sink. However, in this game, a sneeze will take it out. I bought the package because I believe in supporting the community, but I also wanted to play the ship. I regret it and I can't believe WG made a ship this bad, especially one with this pedigree.

In the end, I hope they will fix her to represent how superb she was and not keep her in the form that she is in now. Good luck everyone.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Dude, it's just a hipper. What did you expect? Many Many Many ships can survive a nuclear blast. Will its crew? Nope.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

I have waiting for 3 years for her to arrive in the game. The Prince Eugene is a legendary ship. It finally took a nuclear blast to take her down-even then she was a tough bird to sink. However, in this game, a sneeze will take it out. I bought the package because I believe in supporting the community, but I also wanted to play the ship. I regret it and I can't believe WG made a ship this bad, especially one with this pedigree.

In the end, I hope they will fix her to represent how superb she was and not keep her in the form that she is in now. Good luck everyone.

Should of played a Hipper, then you'd of known what you were getting yourself into.
  • Cool 2

Members
64 posts

I'm sorry your pay2win was unsuccessful.

​I don't play to win. I buy a ship to play it for it's historic significance and legendary status. However, people like me who spend money in this game keep it free for other people to play-even ones that make snide remarks. Also, I eluded to the nuclear blast only as an allusion on how she was a tough ship. After the war, she was towed out to the Atoll Island chain for nuclear testing...no crew. However, she survived two nuclear blast, surprising everyone. She might be in the Hipper class, but the computer design in this game does not represent her merits. Thank you. P.S. I have played the Hipper.

Edited by Darkstaer
  • Cool 3

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

​I don't play to win. I buy a ship to play it for it's historic significance and legendary status. However, people like me who spend money in this game keep it free for other people to play-even ones that make snide remarks. Also, I eluded to the nuclear blast only as an allusion on how she was a tough ship. After the war, she was towed out to the Atoll Island chain for nuclear testing...no crew. However, she survived two nuclear blast, surprising everyone. She might be in the Hipper class, but the computer design in this game does not represent her merits. Thank you. P.S. I have played the Hipper.

Then why the complaints when Eugen is THE SAME CLASS. You simply expected all of a sudden because Eugen, "I'm tough because reasons". Sorry doesn't work that way.

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

If it were a less iconic ship, I wouldn't mind buying it for the extra cmdr exp.  But for a ship like the Prinz Eugen, I really did expect something more interesting.

• Cool 3

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

Why isn't this in your port then? Honest question as the HMS Campbletown went on what was nothing short of a suicide mission to disable a dry dock in the St. Nazaire Raid. I watched a documentary on this ship on NetFlix before it was even in the game and it was quite intriguing as they had interviews with some of the survivors. I can't recall the German BB that was either going to be built or was in the process of being built when they rammed the dock and detonated the ship (HMS Campbeltown), but they had done so much damage to the dock, that it was out of service for the rest of the war.

Sorry to digress a bit, but you did say that you liked ships "of historic and/or legendary value" in game. Well, this ship is indeed in game and made a big impact, no pun intended, by disabling this dry dock.

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Why isn't this in your port then? Honest question as the HMS Campbletown went on what was nothing short of a suicide mission to disable a dry dock in the St. Nazaire Raid. I watched a documentary on this ship on NetFlix before it was even in the game and it was quite intriguing as they had interviews with some of the survivors. I can't recall the German BB that was either going to be built or was in the process of being built when they rammed the dock and detonated the ship (HMS Campbeltown), but they had done so much damage to the dock, that it was out of service for the rest of the war.

Sorry to digress a bit, but you did say that you liked ships "of historic and/or legendary value" in game. Well, this ship is indeed in game and made a big impact, no pun intended, by disabling this dry dock.

I'm waiting for Enterprise.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,740 battles

I'm waiting for Enterprise.

same, and so help me God if they make her air layouts garbage......:smart_fish: I'll say something very nasty!

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

same, and so help me God if they make her air layouts garbage......:smart_fish: I'll say something very nasty!

ditto.

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

Prinz Eugen sets a bad precedent...

Members
64 posts

​Your right about the HMS Campbletown. However, I just have not got around to purchasing it. I was looking at it though and I will try it out down the road. Nevertheless, thank you for your comment and suggestion. Also, a very nice write-up on the ship.

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Prinz Eugen sets a bad precedent...

But Saipan sets a good one.

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

:fishpalm: So well-placed salvos deleting you as punishment makes it bad? 

:bajan:

:sleep_fish:

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Eugen was not placed close to the bomb blast on either of the 2 tests, of course she survived.

If you want a better testament to her survivability you should mention the 3 times she was torpedoes throughout her career and survived. 

Eugen survived two nuclear blasts that she was not close enough too to be in any real danger. Lutzow had 1.5 tons of explosives detonated within her all at once during a post war weapons test, Scheer survived a tallboy bomb and was sunk by another, Tirpitz survived a tallboy bomb and was sunk by another, Bismarck took 7 torpedoes and some 400 shells to sink, Leipzig survived Russian air and sub attacks on her return to Germany in 1945, Blucher took 2 torpedoes and some 60 shells and suffered 2 separate magazine explosions before sinking, Spee survived a beating from 3 British cruisers with no real threat of sinking before being scuttled, Scharnhorst took 9 torpedoes and approx 50 large calibre shells to sink her. The fate of just about every other German capital ship outshines that of the Eugen's in terms of actual damage received.

Edited by dseehafer

[WOLF2]
Members
471 posts
12,596 battles

Thank you. P.S. I have played the Hipper.

You have indeed played the Hipper...................yep played the Hipper.......checks stats.....yep played the Hipper. :ohmy:

Well i've played the hipper too and like it despite some crappy stats in it.

Is the Eugen a wise purchase??  Probably only if you've already played the Hipper , really like it and just must have the Eugen.

Then you can sell the Hipper when you've moved on to the higher tiers.

Otherwise it's probably not for everyone.

Members
22 posts
2,743 battles

Touched on in this thread something that Wargaming is missing out on much more than tank names. Historic passion some people have for ships.

I have a number of expensive Premiums. often what drives my purchase is the historic interest in the ships. Warspite is not great in game. But damn it it is the " WARSPITE!" 

So then they bring in the Prince E as a copy of the Hipper. Nothing special but you pay "$74.99" if you cannot wait for just the ship but getting the bundle.

Hell yes I will get this boat even though I am waiting for the " Belfast" that I will buy for no other reason than I think she is an awesome Museum ship! ( yes I have visited her) 

Even when I [edited]about the price 

Also yes us pay to win (often inferior ships to free ones) pay for your game free loaders, thank us do not complain. 

• Cool 1

Members
250 posts
12,071 battles

Having played the entire German cruiser line, there was no way I was going to punish myself by playing cash to play the Hipper again.

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
506 posts
11,510 battles

The St. Nazaire Raid (aka The Greatest Raid of All Time) was done to prevent the Germans from home porting the Tirpitz (sister ship to the Bismarck) on the Atlantic Coast.  The Dry Dock at St. Nazaire was the only Dry Dock on the Atlantic coast that was capable of handling a ship of similar size to the Tirpitz.  Without this Dry Dock, the Tirpitz could not be repaired from any underwater damage had she been home ported on the Atlantic Coast.