You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JJDOU3D

Albany available on the russian premium shop

36 comments in this topic

Members
675 posts
3,957 battles

The Albany is currently available on the russian premium shop. Why does it not be release in North America server too??

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,235 battles

each region has a different marketing department, and the china server is basically autonomous. 

the albany was kinda crappy anyway...i played a bunch of battles and sold it. there was a range buff after that i think, but it still struggled. just a T2 throw away prem like so many in WoT...unless youre a collector. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Just like the Anshan currently on the China server

China is completely different from any other server.
  • Cool 1

[RM-I]
Members
446 posts
5,377 battles

Just like the Anshan currently on the China server

They still sell the Type 59 on the China server.

Theres the China server summed up.

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

The Albany is currently available on the russian premium shop. Why does it not be release in North America server too??

Who on earth cares? She's a terrible ship that most of us(including me) have anyway.
Edited by legoboy0401

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

each region has a different marketing department, and the china server is basically autonomous. 

the albany was kinda crappy anyway...i played a bunch of battles and sold it. there was a range buff after that i think, but it still struggled. just a T2 throw away prem like so many in WoT...unless youre a collector. 

Better look out, LWM will kill you. She disapproves of selling ANY PREMIUM SHIP, no matter how bad.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

I love the Albany. Such a fun ship. I've gotten a number of krakens in her. Even better was that she was free.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,312 battles

Poor old Albany; most beautiful ship in the game and one of the least fun to play. Alas, and a lack!!

She was fun in closed beta, but then fell victim to the open beta nerf hammer.

Edited by Umikami

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,740 battles

bigger question is why anyone would want Albany? That ships way under powered.:bajan: Also Albany was a gift ship and is tier 2, its not like we're missing out on lets say Atago or something!

Members
675 posts
3,957 battles

Me I would buy it. It is not because it's a tier 2 ship that it is less fun. Lower tiers have their fun too that is different from higher tiers, and I play up to tier X. What I like about these ships is it gives me the chance to experience other play styles. And I would so like to experience Albany too like I would for the Anshan I missed too because I didn't know yet this game at that time.

[VVV]
Members
3,246 posts
5,521 battles

I wonder why Albany isn't in 1907 refit form, with 10 5"/50 guns (or the 1918 refit with 2 guns removed and an AA gun added if that's too powerful for T2). Actually that'd be better than the awful Chester for the USN tech tree ship. Like a mini-Bogatyr.

Edited by Lord_Magus

Members
675 posts
3,957 battles

I'd really like ti too more than the Chester. I hope at least that the new containers system can give it.

Edited by JJDOU3D

[RSDWG]
Members
657 posts
14,936 battles

I would pay for the USS Albany. I had full health in a Chester and an Albany took me out with two salvo's, I hit Albany with 30 or so rounds and barely scratched it!!!

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

You realize that Albany is one of very few exceptions to WG's "don't touch premiums after release" policy, right?  And one of only two that actually got a buff as a result of it?

Yeah, it's that bad.  They had to buff a free ship.

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

You realize that Albany is one of very few exceptions to WG's "don't touch premiums after release" policy, right?  And one of only two that actually got a buff as a result of it?

Yeah, it's that bad.  They had to buff a free ship.

No, it's "don't nerf premiums." Many premium ships have been buffed in small ways, or like Atago, not so small ways. I don't think Albany was ever nerfed.
Edited by SergeantHop

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

No, it's "don't nerf premiums." Many premium ships have been buffed in small ways, or like Atago, not so small ways. I don't think Albany was ever nerfed.

Yet, look at how they have refused to buff some premiums that could use it for long periods of time.  Like Atlanta (until the - very recent - addition of radar), Yubari (again, only a recent addition - ASM0 - fixed this), and Mikasa (which got screwed even harder by the new MM).  I'm aware that they only explicitly mention nerfs, but it seems they don't want to touch them either way unless chronic community pressure is applied.

Other than Atago's gaining of Repair Party, I honestly can't recall any major buffs to premiums before the series we got for the older CBT ships.

Members
1,515 posts
8,453 battles

Who on earth cares? She's a terrible ship that most of us(including me) have anyway.

I care because I don't have one and I would like it for my collection... since you asked.