You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NobleNerd

Port Suggestion - Galveston Harbor

18 comments in this topic

Members
24 posts
605 battles

A pretty simple suggestion. Just a new aesthetic port to view your ships in with the USS Texas and San Jacinto Monument in the background.

Members
806 posts
5,710 battles

The Hawaii port is pearl harbor?

It's a reasonably-close, kinda-generic representation.  I mean, unless it's from a perspective I haven't seen of Pearl Harbor... but there aren't many of those.

[Edit] Right, let's actually respond to the topic though yes?  I like the idea of different ports.  I don't know if Galveston would be my first choice, but I'm not against it by any means. [/Edit]

-R

Edited by Mister_Rawr

Members
802 posts
2,757 battles

I do not believe so.  The geography doesn't look anywhere near the same.  It may be inspired by hawaii, but not actually a particular place.
Edited by MadCaptain_2016

Members
1,116 posts
10,974 battles

Ahh,  so it is.  I rarely look at most other harbors since I'm on the Yokasuka harbor most often.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,757 battles

Ahh,  so it is.  I rarely look at most other harbors since I'm on the Yokasuka harbor most often.

The in-game Hawai'i port shows Diamond Head in the background (IIRC, I am at work right now and can't verify) which is east of Honolulu.  Pearl Harbor is west of the city.  I think your ship in the Hawai'i port would probably be moored off Waikiki Beach.

As for Galveston, the port on the Island is kinda crowded.  USS Texas is actually moored inland off Burnet Bay at San Jacinto, quite a ways away from Galveston.

Members
24 posts
605 battles

The in-game Hawai'i port shows Diamond Head in the background (IIRC, I am at work right now and can't verify) which is east of Honolulu.  Pearl Harbor is west of the city.  I think your ship in the Hawai'i port would probably be moored off Waikiki Beach.

As for Galveston, the port on the Island is kinda crowded.  USS Texas is actually moored inland off Burnet Bay at San Jacinto, quite a ways away from Galveston.

As long as it has the Texas in the background :)

Kind of odd... I've visited the USS Texas, yet I still got the location mixed up... I cannot brain today, I has the dumb. :amazed:

Edited by NobleNerd

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

I think every navy needs to have at least one major port on the game. For the US, Pearl Harbor or San Diego, Kiel for Germany, Bordeaux for France, Scapa Flow or Portsmouth for Britain, Taranto or La Spezia for Italy, Kobe or Nagasaki for Japan, and Kronshtadt or Sevastopol for Russia.

Members
85 posts
4,667 battles

I think every navy needs to have at least one major port on the game. For the US, Pearl Harbor or San Diego, Kiel for Germany, Bordeaux for France, Scapa Flow or Portsmouth for Britain, Taranto or La Spezia for Italy, Kobe or Nagasaki for Japan, and Kronshtadt or Sevastopol for Russia.

We have Pearl (premium only ATM), New York, and Sasebo naval base(as Zipang) in game already, and Yokosuka if you want to count the ARP port.