You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zhadum101

What does Blacklist do?

20 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
471 posts
5,406 battles

So I have encountered a strange breed of ship captain, that likes to fire torpedoes at a friendly at less than 1km or at me while I am at a DEAD STOP.

Then in chat the person hit "Myself" is then blamed for getting hit at close range and at a stop.

"You bad driver, you suck NOOB"

Any attempt to tell them I was stopped when you fired those or anything else just get more ridicule.   Chat mute them does nothing as I am in a future game with them and the trolling continues.

***At one point I got Salty enough that I was just killing the offender in all future matches where they are on my team....  <--Obviously this is a bad idea.  I might get banned for this.

Does Blacklist keep them from being on MY TEAM?

If no is there anyway to keep a list of players from being on my team?  (I don't care if I am against them)

If no, then fine but I am just going to sink this short list of people every game until WG sends me a cease and desist email...  and even then I may just sink them again anyway....  and if they ban me I may just make a new account and sink them again anyway.  It will really depend on my mood that day. I honestly would not care if they said, "Oh my bad wasn't looking."  (Or even if they said nothing at all) but this "STUPID NOOB bad driver." I just can't let it go without answering this crap.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[APOC]
Members
1,979 posts
6,423 battles

Blacklist only stops them from sending port messages. If you could avoid a player in game with blacklist, everyone would hit people with a sub 50% win rate to get a better team.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,099 posts
10,544 battles

Blacklist only stops them from sending port messages

And seeing if you're online, IIRC.

Not sure about messages in battle, if you happen to encounter that person again.

[CDOGZ]
Beta Testers
702 posts
3,387 battles

The blacklist basically turns you into Michael Vick or Tim Tebow (wrongly put there) ... and with any luck, Colin Kaepernick will join that elite group soon. :trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Meh 4

[APOC]
Members
1,979 posts
6,423 battles

The blacklist basically turns you into Michael Vick or Tim Tebow (wrongly put there) ... and with any luck, Colin Kaepernick will join that elite group soon. :trollface:

Lol that was cold. At least there's always baseball if you played in High School.

[GWG]
Members
7,916 posts
15,336 battles

Blacklist only stops them from sending port messages. If you could avoid a player in game with blacklist, everyone would hit people with a sub 50% win rate to get a better team.

And if they did that, then they would get 'Black Listed' by the other players who get tired of carrying his sorry aas.

But if the list was only...  say 12 slots (can purchase another for 100 doubloons)...   hmmmm...  another money maker for WG?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,619 posts

And if they did that, then they would get 'Black Listed' by the other players who get tired of carrying his sorry aas.

But if the list was only...  say 12 slots (can purchase another for 100 doubloons)...   hmmmm...  another money maker for WG?

Don't even say that in jest....:amazed:
  • Cool 1

[APOC]
Members
1,979 posts
6,423 battles

Don't give them any ideas. But that would literally be pay 2 win right on the nose so I am pretty sure it will never happen.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,203 posts

Actually... would be "nice" if anyone you blacklisted who showed up on a red team could have an asterisk (*) next to their name, so you can personally thank them when you hand them their KiA card. :-P

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,883 battles

Actually... would be "nice" if anyone you blacklisted who showed up on a red team could have an asterisk (*) next to their name, so you can personally thank them when you hand them their KiA card. :-P

Cold, but hilarious.

Members
396 posts

blacklisting a player is useless, pointless and a bad joke at best...like a player like: 'thejokeisinyourhand' may be the worst and most vile player ever but the powers to be, approves. Great game...joking!)

Edited by tincan_SC

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I  think a blacklisted Player should be placed in a separate Que never to be played against by the Player who sent them into blacklist.

Members
396 posts
On 2/24/2018 at 8:04 PM, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I  think a blacklisted Player should be placed in a separate Que never to be played against by the Player who sent them into blacklist.

I do too...but that player/Captain you are dealing with, will come back to you the same day and the next. So I'm not see any point and I read things about blacklist back from 2016 and appears nothing was working then either.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

If you get Blacklisted, don't you become the target of a special FBI task force and an international criminal with bottomless tesources?

Members
76 posts
3,240 battles
On 9/9/2016 at 2:07 PM, DasBootcamp said:

Don't give them any ideas. But that would literally be pay 2 win right on the nose so I am pretty sure it will never happen.

Till they blacklist a thousand people and can't get matches because they blocked everyone possible.    I just wish Report actually reported someone to WG

Members
4,509 posts
3,255 battles
On 3/6/2018 at 1:53 PM, Skpstr said:

If you get Blacklisted, don't you become the target of a special FBI task force and an international criminal with bottomless tesources?

That was my thought, and that the criminal was a dead ringer for James Spader

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,654 posts
10,670 battles

I always liked to blacklist crappy CV players (sub 45%), so that if I ever saw them again while playing a CV I'd know I was in for an easy battle.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,280 battles

I can say from experience (and sheer dumb luck, since I have a list of one), that you cannot see messages in port or in battle from a player that you have blacklisted, and they are pointed out on the team roster in battle if you happen to run into them again.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
9 hours ago, Wombatmetal said:

That was my thought, and that the criminal was a dead ringer for James Spader

10/10, would "assume the position" for Agent Keen again....