Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Allgemein

Premium Camo

7 comments in this topic

[CCPLZ]
Members
20 posts
6,410 battles

Question if i pick up premium came for my North Carolina will i be able to use any captain on the ship and train them, as in no having a penalty for using a caption from a different US ship.. I ask cause I love the ship and would want to keep it if i can train my crew on it after i get the Iowa

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Question if i pick up premium came for my North Carolina will i be able to use any captain on the ship and train them, as in no having a penalty for using a caption from a different US ship.. I ask cause I love the ship and would want to keep it if i can train my crew on it after i get the Iowa

No....

Premium camo just gives an XP boost, it does not make it into a premium ship.

They'd want 10k dubloons for that bonus.....

Edited by awiggin

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

It doesn't turn your ship into a premium, it simply increases exp gain. If your captain is not originally trained for it, you'll need to retrain the captain for it anyway.

[-DPF-]
Members
774 posts
11,104 battles

No.  You cannot switch captains for free with the purchased camo.  It does give the XP benefits, which makes retraining a new captain for NC faster and easier, but it is not fully equivalent to a premium ship (of course it is also a lot cheaper than a Tier 8 premium).

[5D5]
Members
1,664 posts
10,959 battles

But, you should buy the camo and keep it anyway... cause... NC = awesomeness. :great:

• Cool 1

[CCPLZ]
Members
20 posts
6,410 battles

No....

Premium camo just gives an XP boost, it does not make it into a premium ship.

They'd want 10k dubloons for that bonus.....

It doesn't turn your ship into a premium, it simply increases exp gain. If your captain is not originally trained for it, you'll need to retrain the captain for it anyway.

No.  You cannot switch captains for free with the purchased camo.  It does give the XP benefits, which makes retraining a new captain for NC faster and easier, but it is not fully equivalent to a premium ship (of course it is also a lot cheaper than a Tier 8 premium).

But, you should buy the camo and keep it anyway... cause... NC = awesomeness. :great:

Shame Thank you... 

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Yeah and that is why it absolutely isn't worth it to buy the permanent camo unless you just got tons of money to spare.  Seriously, all it does is save you a bit of silver each match which could easily be made up by playing just 4 or 5 battles in a Tier 5/6/7/8 permium ship each week.   The premium camo is a great idea but it should have allowed you to train captains rather than increase XP.  Then it would have been worth it.   

Also wanted to say, the lack of this sort of mechanism really makes it hard to want to keep multiple ships active.  I have a Nassau I love but my captain is being used to advance the German BB line so it is sittting captainless and I don't have the time to train up another captain from scratch to to man the Nassau.  I have had multiple ships I have loved that are in the same situation and in the end, I just sold the ships rather than have to deal with training another captain.  It is a real shame since I would actually be very inclined to pay good money to just be able to slot in my existing captains on ships I loved and wouldn't need any other bonus attached. 

As far as premiums, I would still buy them because the earning potential and unique capabilities.

Edited by Midnitewolf

Sign in to follow this