Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sraosha

[Shimakaze] Misalliance, unbalanced and need to revise.

31 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
20 posts
5,501 battles

Hello dear all captains.

As a player who love this game, I must bring up my voice that WG is not planning to balance out between Destroyers.

They have been nerf Shimakaze since the beginning of open bata service and almost every single big patches.

0.4.1 Torps, concealment, and munverablity nerfed. <- This killed Yubari because they use same torp as minekaze. Are you listening WG?

speed and detection nerfs in 0.5.5. 

Torp removed 0.5.6.

Fubuki: Type 90 mod 1 torpedoes were removed

Kagero: Type 93 mod 1 torpedoes were removed

Shimakaze: Type 93 mod 1 torpedoes were removed

Trop detection and speed nerfs. It used to be 1.7km  now 2.5km

From here, they finally stop touching Shimakaze.

I do not understand. Is the balancing something means kill one and force other players to do other ships?

I was happy about nerf Shimakaze untill they tried to kill long range torp, so people cannot just torp spam.

But not the torp detection range.

Unlike before, Shimakaze isn't the best stealth ship anymore(Gearing has same concealment rate now.) and has useless dpm rate of guns. Which means they are totally rekt by Gearings.

Also you guys killed this ship's long range torp so everyone can simply evade. In today, many players moving as group not like solo warrior from back in 0.6.xx, became skillful enough to doge torps even when they spotted in 2km.

Shimakaze is now lowest at ave Dmg, Exp, Kill, and Torp hit rate in whole server. Shimakaze was introduced as best concealment with long range torps, highest torp damage. and now WG are doing really wrong about IJN's DD concept. In this stats and their patches, all I can think is WG is abandoned Shimakaze to answer low skilled captains who complains that they cannot evade torp and shimakaze is OP. 

WG killed Shimakaze's torp speed to force captains to get torp speed booster and sacrifice 20% of range. Now only options I have is should I use long range 67knots torp with 2.5km spot range or use 72knots 9.6km with 2km spot range.

However, take a look at this.

Gearing has 13.3km torp with 71 knots(with the skill) AND it has 1.4km spot range. And this ship isn't even torpedo specialized destroyer.

Have not anyone noticed about something wrong with WG by this time?

Please think one more about Shimakaze.

X8Q512i.png

mr3hA8v.png

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

All i see is the Shimi still has an equal WR and higher damage thank the Gearing.... Shimi was cancerous when all it would do is torp spam. IJN already has some of the better ships. Yamato, Stealth DD's, Flame Throwers dressed as cruisers.... 

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Because spamming out 15 torps that go out 20km is bad? Why do you need it? Shima is just a area denial ship now. 

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

Yubari never had the Minekaze torpedoes 

Even if she did, they'd isolate the torps so she wouldn't get the nerfs.

The Minekaze torps also didn't get nerfed, they were removed on Minekaze, they still exist, untouched on Mutsuki.

The only nerf Yuubari got was from the AFT/BFT/EM change.

Beta Testers
20 posts
5,501 battles

Yubari never had the Minekaze torpedoes 

Thanks to letting me know. I cannot remember exact range for Yubari back in 0.3.xx it was 10km as far as I remember. I guess I'm wrong about it. 

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

Thanks to letting me know. I cannot remember exact range for Yubari back in 0.3.xx it was 10km as far as I remember. I guess I'm wrong about it. 

Yubari has always had 6km torps from what I remember. Those arcs though :(

Beta Testers
20 posts
5,501 battles

All i see is the Shimi still has an equal WR and higher damage thank the Gearing.... Shimi was cancerous when all it would do is torp spam. IJN already has some of the better ships. Yamato, Stealth DD's, Flame Throwers dressed as cruisers.... 

I can see your points. But please keep in mind that all stats are counted from the beginning of game starts. (when everyone was spamming torpedo and shimakaze had avg.6~70k dmg Also take a look about Average exp per game. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
20 posts
5,501 battles

Because spamming out 15 torps that go out 20km is bad? Why do you need it? Shima is just a area denial ship now. 

All I'm saying is this increase of torp detection range (1.7 to 2.5 or 2.0km if you use 2nd torp) is full of crap. Even Gearing has longer range and low detection range then Shimakaze. I'm happy they made 20km torpedo worthless. But not the 15km with 1.7 km one we used to have.
Edited by ARIN_FURY

Beta Testers
20 posts
5,501 battles

aw, just revisit this subject after the DD line changes go live, 'kay? Kay! 

I already asked WG about Shimakaze and they said there is no plan to change Shimakaze's current specs. That's why I brought this topic to make it issue to revive Shimakaze from WG who is trying to kill it's characteristic.
Edited by ARIN_FURY

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

It better be or WoWs is gonna die.

I doubt that.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

I already asked WG about Shimakaze and they said there is no plan to change Shimakaze's current specs. That's why I brought this topic to make it issue to revive Shimakaze from WG who is trying to kill it's characteristic.

Aw, then that makes it different. GJ asking them :-) I'd be concerned they'd all laugh, fall out of their chairs and hurt themselves. Herr_Reitz asked what?! 

Overall the whole line is gonna shake, rattle and roll before it's over. 

Members
15 posts
18,284 battles

I couldnt agree more, The shimi used to be a good ship. Now even a fubuki can screw you up just by being less detectable. The guns suck, specially if you compare them USN or USSR. So in all the line, you had better torps and stelth to Coop with your rivals. Now not even that. Trops are slower tan the USN, or have less range at equal speed, The gearing spots you before so torps are useless against him and to make matters even worse, they have buffed the raddar screening to recharge more often. So how the hell is this ship any good other than hitting 20k torps at a fluke or random and every 2 minutes. Not to mention that torps on this ship are very expensive and if by some miracle you make good exp. the credits earned are so Little that its not even worth the trouble. Its  I really think they destroyed one of the most wanted ships in all trees, to one of the least wanted. .

In summary.

Shimi = Bad Stelth, Slow long range torps (very avoidable), higher speed bud low range (high risk of being destroyed), useless turrets, Slow moving, Fragile, bad AA, overall boring and in desadvantage agains every ship in Tier X, IX, or VIII.

[LOMC]
Members
32 posts
2,652 battles

Aw, then that makes it different. GJ asking them :-) I'd be concerned they'd all laugh, fall out of their chairs and hurt themselves. Herr_Reitz asked what?! 

Overall the whole line is gonna shake, rattle and roll before it's over. 

Shake rattle and roll.... over dead. Anyways. I stayed this game with the puse goal to get the Shimi. I bought the kagero a day after wg ROFL nerfed it and the shimi. I played the kagero a bit. But kinda got bored with its torps. So I still sit without a Shimi :( *plays world's smallest violin*. I started grinding up the Russian DDS. At the Kiev four 5k more xp. That ship is amazing. If they nerf the Russian line right as I'm playing it, they better fix the ijn line!

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,310 battles

You read these responses and you realize everyone of these people is scared to death of a full health, un-nerfed Shimakaze, and would say or do anything to get it out and keep it out of the game as it was.

WoW.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,856 posts
12,319 battles

The irritating thing is that in game people STILL blame the Shimakaze for 'torps walls' when said 'torp walls' are coming from the freaking Gearings!!! And they fire them in tight pattern because the detection range is so short it can land multiple torps per salvo while Shimakaze's 2.5km torps can be evaded by a BB standing still...because it has enough time to speed up and turn to evade. Its RIDICULOUS.

• Cool 1

[JEEP]
[JEEP]
Members
1,124 posts
9,058 battles

The irritating thing is that in game people STILL blame the Shimakaze for 'torps walls' when said 'torp walls' are coming from the freaking Gearings!!! And they fire them in tight pattern because the detection range is so short it can land multiple torps per salvo while Shimakaze's 2.5km torps can be evaded by a BB standing still...because it has enough time to speed up and turn to evade. Its RIDICULOUS.

I'm not sure if Gearing spams more but 3x5 on Shimakaze is going to be spam-like by nature just because your torpedo water is so wide. Even if you do carefully aim at your target, it's designed to get secondary hits as well. The awkward cone width is definitely the hardest part to get used to. A Yamato can fit in between the torpedoes from less than 5km out if you go wide cone. If you go narrow cone, you're likely to miss altogether. I really hate this and wish there was an intermediate sized cone but I guess WG thinks that would be OP. Overall Shimakaze, even with all the nerfs, is still a slightly better torpedo boat than Gearing though. 3x5 is hard to deal with and that's why people get whiny about her. Yeah, I know... Shimakaze is supposed to be the epitome of all torpedo boats but also, thankfully, in real life the IJN could only make one of her. A fleet of those under Admiral Tanaka's command... yikes... maybe my grandparents would never have met each other. It's just torpedo soup and the game would be unplayable of we left the Type 93 with a historical accurate spec but continued to have more than one Shimakaze in the game with unlimited reloads. You would need to do 12 vs. 6 matches or have games with just carriers nuking DDs from orbit before the DDs find them or hit them with a random torpedo from 20km out.

That said... Gearing does have a higher TH% but overall damage is near the same. Gearing's torpedoes don't hurt as much but the DPS on her guns is hard to deal with. It would be nice if there was a stat for TH% per salvo as well but people just need to understand that Shimakaze is designed to take out entire formations, not just single ships so that's why she seems like spam.

fJ4nd9J.png

EDIT: Like wonder why no one ever sails in double column formation even though it's a really strong way to play the game? It's because they're afraid of Shimakaze.

Edited by tooboku

[LOMC]
Members
32 posts
2,652 battles

The Shimakaze will be buffed when the Khabarovsk is nerfed...

Well where's my buff then!? WG is nerfing the khabarovsk's rate of fire and gun range...

[LJP]
Members
67 posts
5,928 battles

Shima is buffed on the PTS.

Gun reload time is reduced to from 7.0 to 5.7sec.

9.8km(too short) and 25sec traverse is still ridiculously too much.
Edited by Jest3

Beta Testers
13 posts
5,173 battles

IMO it needs a buff, there is no reason in this "arcade" style gfame you need tactics like "denial of an area" its meant to sink ships. if this is how wargaming is going to treat it i might as well just stop. Shima Captains want the ability to get in close with faster torps, which we dont really have and play the risk game, or do more long range sniping and try to avoid the hassle of getting detected. We worked hard to get to tier X all these asshats in the comments treat it like we were give the 10s for free, we had to get past the kagero for [edited]sake.

Sign in to follow this