Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MrDeaf

Using armor viewer, the armor on some IJN cruisers seems... off

83 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Example 1.

Furutaka and Aoba

This is what her armor is supposed to look like (according to wiki) https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%8F%A4%E9%B7%B9%E5%9E%8B%E9%87%8D%E5%B7%A1%E6%B4%8B%E8%89%A6#/media/File:Furutaka%26Aoba_frame_178.svg

and it looks nothing like that at all in WoWs.

Example 2.

Yuubari

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A4%95%E5%BC%B5%E8%99%9F%E8%BC%95%E5%B7%A1%E6%B4%8B%E8%89%A6#/media/File:Yubari_1923_midle_section.svg (yes, yes, I know about quoting from wiki)

and it looks nothing like that at all in WoWs.

In fact, I'm rather surprised to see the citadel goes all the way up to the deck, considering the torpedo mounts still need to be bolted down to more than the deck, which is only 25mm thick.

[CRAYN]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
4,674 battles

Suggesting that IJN CA armor is wrong and could use correcting on the NA forums?

How would you like your goose cooked?

[S_E_A]
Beta Testers
2,709 posts
4,563 battles

I think given the current inconsistencies we have w. the armor model atm, it would stand to reason to see if the viewer leaves thing out by comparing it to the gamemodels3d armor models from 5.2. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,532 posts
2,083 battles

First honest mistake, comparing WoWs to historical accuracy....

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

First honest mistake, comparing WoWs to historical accuracy....

Yes, there is that.

Buuuuuuuut, there is also such a thing as having compartments for the fuel, which are typically on the sides... because it's easier to retrieve and feed to the boilers from there.

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

And also to transfer from side to side to counter flooding.

[NSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,304 posts
9,284 battles

Suggesting that IJN CA armor is wrong and could use correcting on the NA forums?

How deliberately antagonizing can you be?

Quite literally nobody is going to complain if armor models are made more accurate for everyone. There appears to be mistakes made on at least a few ships from every nation.

• Cool 8

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

Oh, come on, pretty much the only way that most IJN(Yamato excluded) or Russian ships(Nikolai I excluded) can bounce anything is by angling. Having messed up armor models makes it harder to do so.

Members
2,072 posts
2,712 battles

Oh, come on, pretty much the only way that most IJN(Yamato excluded) or Russian ships(Nikolai I excluded) can bounce anything is by angling. Having messed up armor models makes it harder to do so.

He's referencing the notion that there is apparently a small group of players who will be absolutely sure to jump on anyone who says anything about IJN having problems, no matter how small they are.

[CRAYN]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
4,674 battles

There appears to be mistakes made on at least a few ships from every nation.

And yet the moment that someone finds an error in a USN armor model, it is all because of anti-USN bias. We have to keep the USN BBs bad by making their armor models wrong.

I want armor models correct for all ships.

• Cool 1

[NSF]
5,304 posts
9,284 battles

He's referencing the notion that there is apparently a small group of players who will be absolutely sure to jump on anyone who says anything about IJN having problems, no matter how small they are.

Accurate armor models generally doesn't fall under that category.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,068 battles

No he does that to anyone not drinking his kool-aid.

Most wouldn't care if they corrected the armor scheme on ships so it's correct on any ship.

30,523 posts
6,068 battles

And yet the moment that someone finds an error in a USN armor model, it is all because of anti-USN bias. We have to keep the USN BBs bad by making their armor models wrong.

Some do, that is true. But stop with the blanket statements.

[CRAYN]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
4,674 battles

You know, maybe if people would stop droning on and on about how I have some anti-USN bias, I would stop being so sarcastic.

It gets pretty tiring having to deal with everyone immediately jumping on anything you say and claiming you have some anti-USN bias.

I simply look at things far differently than all of the USN folks on the NA forums. And that somehow means I hate all USN ships and want them to be terrible.

• Cool 2

[NSF]
5,304 posts
9,284 battles

People pointed out that up to several inches of armor were missing from some USN battleships for apparently no reason, the most damaging being Montana's bomb deck being rendered so thin that almost any battleship in the game can overmatch it from every angle. No anti-WG hate from my end, hopefully its just a mistake on their part or the armor viewer not working properly.

[NSF]
5,304 posts
9,284 battles

You know, maybe if people would stop droning on and on about how I have some anti-USN bias, I would stop being so sarcastic.

It gets pretty tiring having to deal with everyone immediately jumping on anything you say and claiming you have some anti-USN bias.

I simply look at things far differently than all of the USN folks on the NA forums. And that somehow means I hate all USN ships and want them to be terrible.

You would get fewer responses like that if you didnt word almost every post intentionally to get people to reply to you, its a self fufilling prophecy.

And a time honored bait tactic 

• Cool 2

[CRAYN]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
4,674 battles

You would get fewer responses like that if you didnt word almost every post intentionally to get people to reply to you, its a self fufilling prophecy.

And yet when I make a post about how USN DDs can, and really should, have lower average damages than IJN DDs, because of the way they affect the game by the targets they are intended to sink, I get called out for bias and hating USN DDs.

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

Maybe if you didn't jump on people with vitriol filled rants you wouldn't have a fan club. 

[CRAYN]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
4,674 battles

Maybe if you didn't jump on people with vitriol filled rants you wouldn't have a fan club. 

Oh please. Get real.

I don't go on vitriol filled rants. There are other people who do that.

My posts yesterday in relation to average damages were very straight forward and had no vitriol in them.

And guess what? I get labeled as a USN hater and full of bias.

30,523 posts
6,068 battles

Amazing how that works right. Oh and the self fulfilling logic of "I do just fine, so it's operator error". Which is true at times, then stats merely tells you the ship is just bad.

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

Oh please. Get real.

I don't go on vitriol filled rants. There are other people who do that.

My posts yesterday in relation to average damages were very straight forward and had no vitriol in them.

And guess what? I get labeled as a USN hater and full of bias.

From people that are already biased against you because of how you posted in the past. 

And you do, there is a nice example in a thread I made telling people the mogami 155 is not terrible. 

[CRAYN]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
4,674 battles

Amazing how that works right. Oh and the self fulfilling logic of "I do just fine, so it's operator error". Which is true at times, then stats merely tells you the ship is just bad.

And then I go ahead and say that not every class/tier of ships have to have equal average damages, and that the game would be unbalanced if that was the case.

And I get labelled with bias and hatred towards USN.

30,523 posts
6,068 battles

And then I go ahead and say that not every class/tier of ships have to have equal average damages, and that the game would be unbalanced if that was the case.

And I get labelled with bias and hatred towards USN.

I never labeled you anti usn. I just labeled you as full of crap.
  • Cool 1

[CRAYN]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
4,674 battles

I never labeled you anti usn. I just labeled you as full of crap.

And that is still wrong.

I can view and analyze statistics differently, an in my opinion the correct way, and that does make me full of crap.

That is your own opinion that I am wrong. That does not make me objectively wrong.

30,523 posts
6,068 battles

And that is still wrong.

I can view and analyze statistics differently, an in my opinion the correct way, and that does make me full of crap.

That is your own opinion that I am wrong. That does not make me objectively wrong.

No, probably not from your PoV. From mine you're wrong and are still wrong.

Sign in to follow this