You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jakajan

Why the new tree makes sense, without knowing the stats or guessing on them.

9 comments in this topic

[NNC]
Members
1,186 posts
22,147 battles

So in most tree's you can look at one destroyer, then the next and know they are more powerful, with the Mahan being a bump in the otherwise similar line of Farragut, Benson, Fletcher, and Gearing. Yes there are differences. I'm not going into them, but each of those ships get progressively better at what they do.

In the Russian line from Ognavoi to Kiev, with Tashkent being the speed bump, to Udaloi and Khabarovsk they all get better. You can make arguments but this is generally the case.

In our current Japanese line, after Minekaze most people see Mutsuki as a step down, Hatsuharu has it's own kind of growing pain, Fubuki is good, Kagero is okay, but mostly outclassed by it's piers. Shimakaze has awesome firepower, but is again outclassed by it's piers. That leaves maybe 6 out of 10 of the ships leaving a positive impression on most people.

In the revised plan by just looking at the ships and considering the basic configurations of ships.

From Minekaze, to Hatsuharu, to Shiratsuyu to Akizuki to me leads to a steady progression of better torps, more torps, better guns and more guns, with Akizuki being an odd fish at the end. Still a fish I want, but an odd fish.

While the general line from Mutsuki, to Fubuki, to Akatsuki to Yugumo to Shimakaze shows a progression that I think I can visualize, with steady bumps in power. I suppose our current DD could be re-worked in a good way, but generally every new line that is made is made to feel strong, and I am actually confident that WG will make them competitive and strong. They want people to play their new ships they spent time and resources on, right?

On the other hand after people play them a lot they will nerf them if they are too strong and people whine too much, but yeah those are my thoughts. If I was climbing up the tree from scratch, this new tree would look more appealing. So if I didn't know anything about any of the ships, as a new player I would race up to Fubuki and want to play her. I have a hard time imaging a Fubuki at tier 6 being weaker than a Mutsuki was at tier 6. I loved Mitsuki's agility, but always thought she was a total sidestep from Minekaze. Also I bet Akatsuki will feel stronger than the current Hatsuharu. I'm not sure about the new planned Kagero vs Fubuki but the whole thing is still so exciting to me or obviously I wouldn't be writing about it.

[ARPOG]
-Members-
870 posts
11,070 battles

Yeah I agree with you, but I still feel sad that poor Fubuki is getting shoved down to tier 6, if they don't buff her camo then the loss of the concealment equipment modification will really sting. 

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

Yeah I agree with you, but I still feel sad that poor Fubuki is getting shoved down to tier 6, if they don't buff her camo then the loss of the concealment equipment modification will really sting. 

Fubuki will be split into two ships, Fubuki and Akatsuki, what we have now is a mixture between the two which is painful to balance.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Honestly, i think 7km is usable. Not optimal, but not that bad either. 

Also, what is the difference between Fubuki and Akatsuki? I searched them up on Wikipedia, but couldn't find anything different. 

Edited by Aduial

[NNC]
Members
1,186 posts
22,147 battles

Well I hear the boilers were better designed on Akatsuki so I'm hoping for a higher top speed. The cannons were rumored to have a higher elevation max so maybe faster rotation. Hoping for a better torpedo option and 1200 more HP too.

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

Also, what is the difference between Fubuki and Akatsuki? I searched them up on Wikipedia, but couldn't find anything different. 

Higher top speed (Fubuki will be 34kt, Akatsuki will probably be 38kt,) less displacement (higher stealth,) better torpedoes, stronger AA.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Higher top speed (Fubuki will be 34kt, Akatsuki will probably be 38kt,) less displacement (higher stealth,) better torpedoes, stronger AA.

Hmmm.... Wikipedia lists Fubuki's speed as 38 knots. But anyways, are you saying that Fubuki's speed will be nerfed? Because it's 35 knots right now, and i don't want her to get any slower. 

[NNC]
Members
1,186 posts
22,147 battles

"outclassed by it's piers" (peers)

Not mocking at all, just found that a very cute slip. ;)

Lol, yeah, cute slip.