Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Happy_Thoughts

What is wrong with this IMBA premium. I question if this premium tops nikolai and grem

7 comments in this topic

[CONQR]
Beta Testers
895 posts
13,174 battles

1. you never feel up tiered.

2. you can do every cv mechanic minus dot without losing crossdropping. destroyers pretty much get deleted if they are isolated on a cap.

3. your fighters are  god tier with a 18 point captain at that tier especially with the new ammo buffs. Only Hiryuu with dogfighting expert can even come close to competing with you.

Yes you have less planes, but you actually have 3 sets of fighters (24/8) and 4 sets of torpedo bombers (24/6)

Gml8cz0.jpg

100% worth and definitely cancer in ranked.

Oh wait... ranked is tier 8 next format (.x.)

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

On the other hand, if you have anything less than a 15 point captain its incredibly hard to use. Tho the ammo buff will help.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

I think the biggest problem with it is that guys like you who are really good CV players can actually make fullest use out of it. I do already in the Saipan, but I know I don't do it justice. Comes with the turf of being meh at CVs and rarely playing them. Like I know the fighters rock, but I just suck at strafing with them so much that I can't get anywhere near their full potential.

[CRAYN]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
4,674 battles

Saipan is a disease and ruins any T7 CV match it is in.

I will refuse to play any T7 CV now that Saipan is on sale to the general public in the tech tree.

Saipan needs to either be nerfed by only having T8 planes or completely remove the cancerous 3/0/1 loadout.

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

Saipan is a disease and ruins any T7 CV match it is in.

I will refuse to play any T7 CV now that Saipan is on sale to the general public in the tech tree.

Saipan needs to either be nerfed by only having T8 planes or completely remove the cancerous 3/0/1 loadout.

Problem is, neither of those alone or even combined will actually sufficiently nerf it. Tier 8 planes still make it's planes more powerful than Hiryu and Ranger, the 2,2,0 loadout is just as possibly even more lethal than the 3,0,1. I don't even have a captain best suited to it (currently my Lex captain where I went two tier 4 skills as 7 fighters/bombers is generally overkill) and the only threat I encountered was a Hiryu most likely using DFE, which was easily countered by abusing strafing and auto deleting his fighters (reasons I say it needs reworking), anyone else was usually RNG or bad fight spot overestimating my planes a little. Aside from that was, in the same match, the team likely saw Saipan and bunched together, especially near the Clevelands (that have tier 9 long range AA guns) to make the DB's less accurate and inflict some decent losses.

When I got top tier with a Ranger as my opponent against mostly tier 5 and 6 ships and the Ranger was full strike, two words: Open Season. Bombers might have well been armed with nuclear weapons and I picked apart his planes at my leisure. Also looking at just how fast it rearms and launches planes (I do think tech tree USN CV's could benefit from a little decrease in their rearm time to be a bit more competitive), no reason to consider the improvement on that speed and basically leans it toward the two fighter modernizations to boost their stats and add the 4th - IJN's stand no chance, Rangers is a maybe at best, and TB's that can cross or DB's that are super accurate, pack tier nine bombs, and are pretty damned durable. Was kinda hoping when I bought it I'd find that it wasn't nearly as powerful as I thought and was just getting out played. So far it's pretty much confirmed every point although it does generally require the 5 point skill for extra fighter/DB to truly unleash it's OP potential.

Like I said, USN fighters didn't really need a buff, let alone Saipan's, and Saipan is a great example for any premium CV's make in the future of what NOT to do. I'm amazed they sold this in the tech tree given that it's generally OP as hell and usually those ships (Nikolai) are rarely if ever sold again.

Sign in to follow this