Pigeon_of_War

Ranked Season 5 is on it's Way!

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

326 posts in this topic

As for submarines in wow I find that the search in the upper right corner,,,,also select all forum,,,will find why you won't find subs any time soon,,,,,

Also that's the best way to find any answers to questions u have,,,,because it's been talked about already

LOL made it to11 in a New Orleans can you beleve it. I had some great teams for a change.

I made it up to 10-9 with the NO, but from there on out it just doesnt work anymore, unless you get lucky/carried by your team.

The fact that you cant really contribute to the team kicks in around that Level and it gets more and more difficult to win a match, as you slowly degrade to a free-kill, waiting to happen. (Or a ghost ship that barely appears anywhere over the time of an entire match)

If you still win, you should wonder, if it was because of you, stupid enemys or if you could have done more, if you wouldnt sit in a NO. (Usually yes)

I thank WG, that they at least looked at the ship and changed some armor, but it is still a sub par if you compare it with anything on T8. Even if you ignore the BB-1-shot-problem.

I made it up to 10-9 with the NO, but from there on out it just doesnt work anymore, unless you get lucky/carried by your team.

The fact that you cant really contribute to the team kicks in around that Level and it gets more and more difficult to win a match, as you slowly degrade to a free-kill, waiting to happen. (Or a ghost ship that barely appears anywhere over the time of an entire match)

If you still win, you should wonder, if it was because of you, stupid enemys or if you could have done more, if you wouldnt sit in a NO. (Usually yes)

I thank WG, that they at least looked at the ship and changed some armor, but it is still a sub par if you compare it with anything on T8. Even if you ignore the BB-1-shot-problem.

​I see your point and have bee reduce to 12 from 10 many times from my last post. This time I will say not all of it was my fault. Can't seem to get the teams to state where they want to go or ever cover me while I take care of DD or CA's All I hear now is . Well I can't repair or take damage or and it goes on till there all dead. Why are they playing rank. I look up and the BB and DD are in the back trying to pick up damaged ships. No flags are taken at all or even tried for. This was more than one game or one day. Had one guy tell me I should have done more and should have been ashamed to be in that New Orleans. When I died I clicked on him. He was in a BB hiding behind a island on the far end of the map full health bithching about everyone else. And cused the team a star. There has to be something to be done about this type of play. Where they go into rank and can everyone there.

Ranked season 5, first time I've seen players spamming chat for discord/TS sessions. Direct request to join him on discord across global chat...

Player had 750 ranked battles to R3...

I see the battlecount is up to 1,013 for highest number of battles on server...

For those that have made it to Rank One I salute you. Would love to know how you did it. I do think the gap between 15 and 5 is a bit large though and made it impossible for a lot of folks. Maybe it should have been every 5 after 15 just saying.

For those that have made it to Rank One I salute you. Would love to know how you did it. I do think the gap between 15 and 5 is a bit large though and made it impossible for a lot of folks. Maybe it should have been every 5 after 15 just saying.

15 to 5? there was a safe rank at 10 or 11 too.

this was my first ranked season and i made it to R1 (like 3 hrs before season's end XD). my experience was, you really have to stick to roles you're good at. i used mostly a mutsuki for the tier 6 stuff, took me about 12 matches. at the scrub levels a good DD can singlehandedly dominate. a lot of people got on my case for driving a mutsuki and being a n00b but i think my 70% winrate speaks for itself. players are so bad you can happily stealth torp all day and win games by yourself. but with all the safe ranks it doesn't really matter what you use.

now, the tier 8 stuff, that was a whole new world. i used the american t8 ships; normally i'm a super/hyper aggressive player. that works in random cuz people get scared easily. not so in ranked. took me probly 10-20 matches to really learn that the skill level in ranked is much, much higher than random. you can't just try to gun down the first thing you come across, especially in a dd. when i did that in my benson i'd get focused down so hard i didn't have time to blink. it got to the point where even if i got within optimal firing range of another dd and we both spotted each other, i wouldn't shoot unless i was like 90% sure i'd come out on top. you see, if you shoot your spotting range balloons (in the benson out to 10km depending on stealth). normally that drops back down to normal in a split second, but if someone spots you while you shoot it will stay ballooned for several seconds letting everyone blast away at you. that's why i didn't shoot - turn and run past 5.8km and vanish (preferably without wasting smoke). whereas if i had fired they could see me out well beyond my normal spotting range. in one game me and an enemy dd got within 5km of each other, basically brofisted, turned and ran without firing XD. we both knew with so much fire support around, the first guy to open fire signed his death warrant. oh yeah i should mention, bring max stealth upgrades. that means the captain skill; that means the 2 million credit module; that means camo. basically every DD above rank 5 has max stealth upgrades and camo. that got my benson down to 5.8km spotting. if you don't have it, well a guy like me is happy to sit at the edge of the cap smiling invisible like a cheshire cat while my cruisers roast you. 

cruisers i'm less confident speaking about since i don't feel like i ever really got a feel for how to play it expertly. people gripe about the new orleans, but any ship can be effective if the captain is good enough. with the new orleans it was hide around a corner next to a cap, pop radar if the red team tried to cap. also i found it best to forego defensive fire and doubled up on anti-ship consumables - radar and hydro. almost never see carriers. i really had to work well with my dds - they smoke while i hide/radar/fire support. but in general cruisers aren't very popular above rank 5. too squishy and visible while bensons are almost as good anti-dd while being much better stealth and anti-bb.

bbs - even though my best winrate was in my NC (57%) i feel like that was more good fortune at being on good teams than anything I did (although my 60k avg dmg would seem to be on the high end of the scale looking at the ship stats above). since there are fewer enemies it was best to turn into them and fire with just my forward guns. and keep your distance esp. at the start. citadeling the NC is so easy, you REALLY have to be careful about showing your side. i didn't use max camo here. i didn't even have a 15pt captain XD. i'm sure the other ranked guys would chew me out if i told them that at the time.

above rank 5 the gameplay is so precise you really have to be at your best. that meant tactically no mistakes. that meant exploiting even a small points advantage, like using two dds to cap instead of one so you cap sooner. that means no unnecessary aggressiveness because dying was the easiest way to throw a game and turn a win into a loss. with a points lead a good team will just sit on their cap and make the other team come forward and take the risks. really, tactical superiority is the main thing. before every match i'd almost always try to work out basic tactics with the team and we'd win or lose depending on who made the most mistakes. it was extremely rare to see a game where both sides played well and superior shooting won the day. usually some prick would yolo and give the game away. that was how i won my rank 1 star - two enemy cruisers yolo'd, we melted them and i thanked them for rank 1 =D. of course every map has its individual tactical nuances which i wont get into here because this is already getting too long, but you learn them after playing enough. or you should if you want to progress ;-)

my progression up the ranks felt painful at times, but seeing the number of battles some of you went through i'm stunned. i got to 10 in a day or two. 10 to 1 took till the last day of the season. i stalled at 8 until i figured out how to be more selective with my aggressiveness. i stalled at 4 until i realized my dd play was hurting my winrate and stuck to my NC/NO for awhile. i ran into a very good dd player who was happy to use me for my radar and that carried me up to rank 3. 4 to 3 took me a week heh. 3 to 1 i did in a day cuz i was just fortunate i think. overall my winrate was 54% with a record of 184w/158L. it was truly an exciting experience, but maybe not so much if it had taken 10x as many battles. you just really have to focus on maximizing every advantage and being as good a captain as possible.

When the USS Delivery Flint will be made to those already won for the third time r1? Yet because I think the Super League sea over as UN and 1v1 players who had never queued waiting

When the USS Delivery Flint will be made to those already won for the third time r1? Yet because I think the Super League sea over as UN and 1v1 players who had never queued waiting

Also, what about players who reached rank 1 a second time or fourth time?  When will the Jolly Roger II & III be issued?

Also, what about players who reached rank 1 a second time or fourth time?  When will the Jolly Roger II & III be issued?

Because I suppose that at the same time they deliver the prizes would be delivered to jr2 to those who won for 2 time and also to those who won for the fourth time but I want to know the date of the awards ceremony since I do not see any news so much in The forum as in the web page

15 to 5? there was a safe rank at 10 or 11 too.

I sure wish there was. I was rank 10 3 stars more times than I can remember. But I did think we were supposed to keep the 2 star flag after the match was over. And I think I get to start out as and 11 next time though I show a 12 rank now. So confusing LOL

I barely played ranked.  It was above my skillset.  I went out with a few friends from time to time, but I barely scratched the surface since I started playing the game with about 30 days left of ranked and I was no where near a tier VI...

Watching good ranked play was almost like watching those WG tournament finals on twitch or something; pretty when executed well, and could turn on a friggin' dime when a single person slipped up.

And I never wanted to be that guy...

Beorn

Me neither.  Was going to wait a bit more and then submit a ticket.   I assume they are handed out manually, so I am content to wait.

As of yesterday 11/22 I still have not gotten mine, I'll open a ticket and post up when I hear back. 

Just noticed I never got the flag for making Ranking 15 Wilhelmshaven flag.  Anyone else

Me neither.  Was going to wait a bit more and then submit a ticket.   I assume they are handed out manually, so I am content to wait.

I didn't get the Wilhelmshaven flag either

+1 me either

got mine today

Be prepared to Rank Battles season 5!

Rank Battles are coming back and we want every player to meet a new season up in arms. Here you can find the very first piece of information that is intended to provide you with an opportunity to have enough time to upgrade one of required ships or train a commander, if needed.

Mono-tier leagues

To provide totally equal conditions for all players and make battles more skill-based, every rank will be limited by the only ship tier allowed. Also, there will be more safe ranks for the beginners (up to rank 16), compare with the previous season.

Up to Rank 16: Tier VI ships only

Rank 15 – Rank 1: Tier VIII ships only

The season starts at the beginning of October – you still have enough time to prepare yourself!

For complete details check out our article: http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/ranked-battles-season-5/

Hard enough getting rank 1 the first time