Pigeon_of_War

Ranked Season 5 is on it's Way!

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

326 posts in this topic

Be prepared to Rank Battles season 5!

Rank Battles are coming back and we want every player to meet a new season up in arms. Here you can find the very first piece of information that is intended to provide you with an opportunity to have enough time to upgrade one of required ships or train a commander, if needed.

Mono-tier leagues

To provide totally equal conditions for all players and make battles more skill-based, every rank will be limited by the only ship tier allowed. Also, there will be more safe ranks for the beginners (up to rank 16), compare with the previous season.

Up to Rank 16: Tier VI ships only

Rank 15 – Rank 1: Tier VIII ships only

The season starts at the beginning of October – you still have enough time to prepare yourself!

For complete details check out our article: http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/ranked-battles-season-5/

As this will be my first season of Ranked Battles, I'm curious to know what are the go-to ships of each class that people will most likely bring?  (Looking at Tier 6 as I'm not yet up to 8's).

As this will be my first season of Ranked Battles, I'm curious to know what are the go-to ships of each class that people will most likely bring?  (Looking at Tier 6 as I'm not yet up to 8's).

At tier 6, expect a lot of Bayerns, possibly New Mexicos if Bayerns don't fare as well in ranked. Expect to see Clevelands for AA, and Budyonnys. Nurnbergs and Aobas don't seem to do as well. And expect World of Farraguts and Anshans; gunboat/'fleet' DDs do well in ranked. 

Can you provide any news on the mechanics of the ranking system?

Following Season 4, there was supposed to be a big post discussing some of the critical feedback that was given to WG by the community, but I hadn't seen anything yet.

I'd just like to know if it will be different from Season 4.

Many thanks!

:hmm:

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 07 September 2016 - 06:28 AM, said:

Up to Rank 16: Tier VI ships only

Rank 15 – Rank 1: Tier VIII ships only

Ok, so... Ranked Battles will consist of only 2 tiers = 6 & 8?

I found my Budyonny was a real asset in Ranked. My Anshan didn't do as well. The Cleveland is good but return fire is so focused on this ship I didn't find she could stay afloat the whole match. Nurnberg, although a good ship, didn't seem to do so well for me in Ranked.

I will be using Budyonny/Anshan at T6 and Benson at T8.

When you say "Tier 6 only" does this mean only Tier 6 or will my Blyskawica be allowed?

It says "Tier 6 Only." Blys is tier 7. It's not that hard to understand.

It says "Tier 6 Only." Blys is tier 7. It's not that hard to understand.

Aww, just noticed no Tier 7s. Meh, whatever I'll bring Farragut and Benson! :izmena:

I probably be the only one playing a Fubuki for this...oh wait I know another person.

My Farragut is ready. For tier 8 I guess I'm using Bismarck or my AA-troll-build North Carolina, depending on how CV-heavy the ranked meta is, unless I buy Benson back; I wasn't expecting tier 8 for ranked with all the 7s that have come out. 

Nice to see they use 1 tier only. Previous ones made people being up-tiered tough to play and hurting the team. This is a nice change.

I suspect T8 will be Wall of Bensons and Bismarcks unfortunately. I'll bring something different for a change,.

Not sure I like the mono-tier idea or not, I'd rather they just keep people from using stock ships though. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Not sure I like the mono-tier idea or not, should just keep people from using stock ships though. 

Disagree. It is a competitive arena, much more so than PvP. You are usually hurting your team;s chances if you bring the lower tier in a 2-tier encounter (with few exceptions). Bringing a stock ship is not a good idea either. You should bring your best ship for the tier, with your best captain. Stock ships belong in PvE or PvP for grinding. Ranked, although it contributes to the grind, is not the place for it. Bring the best you've got and the ones you are good at. 

I'm actually going to see how far I can get in this ranked season. Season 2 and 3 were the only ones I really tried in, and I gave up on S3 really fast.

I'm actually going to see how far I can get in this ranked season. Season 2 and 3 were the only ones I really tried in, and I gave up on S3 really fast.

I played in all seasons 1-4 so far. I found it intense and nerve-wracking at times. I quit at some point, tired of the yo-yo movements.

I am playing better nowadays, so I'll try to push to end up at a better rank that I have done in the past.

Hm.  Don't have anything T8 yet and I don't think I'll have time to buy and grind up anything in that tier by October.  I suppose I could buy a T8 premium but they's expensive.... I'll probably just plan to make a run to Rank 16 for the flags n' stuff and leave it at that.

TYVM for the update! Looking forward to this season.

On a side note: I've been playing ranked since season 1 and it's been interesting to see the changes the dev team has been making to try to improve the game play. With regards to balancing ships, the MM and even trying to implement a different tier bracket to see if that would change certain dynamics. Just have to say thank you for the work you guys put forth. The constant juggle can't be easy.

Hm.  Don't have anything T8 yet and I don't think I'll have time to buy and grind up anything in that tier by October.  I suppose I could buy a T8 premium but they's expensive.... I'll probably just plan to make a run to Rank 16 for the flags n' stuff and leave it at that.

There's nothing wrong with that. When Season 1 came along I was new and did not have any high tier ships. No issues there. There will always be a new Ranked Season coming up, where you can continue going higher. Play the best ships you have, and do better in, at the tier you can play. That is all you need. Prizes are good at all tiers.

As for buying a higher tier ship so that you can play: bad idea. Just because you buy a Tirpitz (the most egregious example of this issue), it does not mean you are fit for Tier 8 battles yet. There are still many people around who should dock their shiny new Tirpitz in port for some time, until they have played at least 50 battles at the tier in a regular tree ship, and are comfortable with playing at that level.

Edited by alexf24