Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Veksha

Question about anchors

8 comments in this topic

Veksha    103

So here goes: why some older ships mix the type of anchors they have on board?  For example Błyskawica has two modern stockless anchors on the bow, while sporting two older admiralty pattern anchors on the aft.  You can find both types of anchors on some of the older ships in the game.  I was wondering what the reasoning was.

• Cool 1

IceSerpen7    762

So here goes: why some older ships mix the type of anchors they have on board?  For example Błyskawica has two modern stockless anchors on the bow, while sporting two older admiralty pattern anchors on the aft.  You can find both types of anchors on some of the older ships in the game.  I was wondering what the reasoning was.

Most likely because admiralty anchors generally have better holding power at the expense of being more difficult to use (to stow), so people wanted a backup for situations where stockless anchor won't hold.

There are different sort of anchors for different sort of Sea Beds. Some are good for shallow water and sand sea bed while others are better suited for deeper waters and rocky Sea beds.

More info here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchor#Admiralty_Pattern

And if this wasn't the reason for your question I am one sort of a bloke :teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this