Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mattking2010

What kid at WG thought up the tier 10 economy in this game?

18 comments in this topic

Members
328 posts

Seriously.. I mean.. SERIOUSLY.

247,000 credit charge for me to run a tier 10 battle. Even with 'average' performance I lose 100K a battle. This explains why the tier 10 meta is people taking long range potshots at each other and a deep seeded fear of 'engaging' in brawls.

Look WG, we get it.. You want people to spend money. This is why you put stinkers in the tech tree, this is why tier 9's always stink. Etc.. We get it.. You crave cash. But consider that your game wouldn't have a trashy reputation for Tier X play if you actually had a manageable economy. The game might be fun at Tier X and in the end wouldn't that generate more money than trying to steal wallets at the cost of gameplay?

Think about that WG.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Tier 9s always stink?

Iowa? Fletcher? Roon? Udaloi? Dimitry Donskoi? 

They all stink? Well, I must've been doing something different with them.

• Cool 6

Members
1,699 posts
9,031 battles

:tea_cap: This is you bud

• Mostly plays cruisers, especially low-tier and is very good in them
  • Deals a large amount of damage
  • Extremely rarely uses torpedoes
  • Key vehicle - Kawachi

and can you pls set your profile on public so we can see how you deal damage in a tier 10 and why you losing so much credits.Thank you.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members, Beta Testers
3,105 posts
10,282 battles

Oh hey, it's 2015's top WoWS Doomsayer!  I'm surprised to see you on the forums of this non-dead game.  Did Gaijen's change in naval focus push you out of their loving embrace, or are you over here trying to drum up support for it?

• Cool 2

[ANKER]
Members
1,196 posts
6,279 battles

IXs suck? 

-Iowa

-Roon

-Dimitri Donksoi

-Fletcher

Man I still think Iowa is the best high tier BB because of its versatility...and I'm a Yamato driver...

Oh hey, it's 2015's top WoWS Doomsayer!  I'm surprised to see you on the forums of this non-dead game.  Did Gaijen's change in naval focus push you out of their loving embrace, or are you over here trying to drum up support for it?

oh so he's one of those eh?

• Cool 2

[FU8AR]
Alpha Tester
606 posts
15,936 battles

Must never have played tanks.  The high cost of repairs for high tiers is to encourage people to play lower teirs to earn credits to run the high end ones.  Otherwise everyone would rush to tier 10 and only keep lower tier tanks/ships to seal club those still learning so pad their WN8 or K/D ratios.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Didn't think you would still be playing considering your past topics one would figure you dont like the game.

We're taking on water sir! (population drop continues)

04 September 2015 - 02:44 AM

Checking back in after a few weeks. I see the population slide continues. Even worse, it's impacting the formerly 'reasonably stable' Russian servers, which have posted a near 50% loss in normal populations. SEA is essentially dead with 5,000 or so on during peak. NA has dropped significantly from 17,000-18,000 peak down to around 11,000-12,000 peak at best. Higher tiers aren't being filled anymore, and we are seeing 2 on 2 type of matches. With the recent backtracking on unification of accounts I don't think it's going to get better. I would be willing to bet a good number of people were waiting on the sidelines for their gold/experience to be available in the other games - that they invested into with the clear, direct statements from WG that unification would be comprehensive and with ALL titles.

Has WG entered panic mode with a sudden 'it's launching in 2 weeks!' announcement despite quite a lot of open-beta testing needed? I assume the slide will continue for the next couple months and by the time the German tree is released the damage will already have been done - and they won't recover lost customers. I would be lying if I didn't admit that I feel WG actually deserves what is coming. The debacle of WOWP, and the way they've treated customers, and this recent lies about unification fiasco (that I consider consumer fraud) are probably destined to bring some karma forth.

I'd be pretty cautious of spending any cash on WOWS at this point. You may find yourself with a bunch of fancy ships, and a population that can't sustain quality matches. Now with unification of their games effectively crushed you have no avenue to move your gold/experience to something better. 

What happened to my Arizona?

07 July 2016 - 05:26 PM

Got it, played the first day or two and it was good and fun. I played it last night and couldn't hit anything.

Even the NM I was firing at was laughing saying "That thing has terrible accuracy!" as he proceeded to delete me.

Something fishy is happening and well, bait and switch? Where do we request a refund?

• Cool 2

[QADD]
Members
130 posts
19,444 battles

I think if you finish in the top 3 of your match win or lose you should receive discounted costs.  This would encourage people to try win or lose.

• Cool 1

[WAR]
[WAR]
Beta Testers
31 posts
5,647 battles

You just have to view the op's previous posts to figure out he is a "The sky is falling!" type of whiner.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,051 posts
41,557 battles

Must never have played tanks.  The high cost of repairs for high tiers is to encourage people to play lower teirs to earn credits to run the high end ones.  Otherwise everyone would rush to tier 10 and only keep lower tier tanks/ships to seal club those still learning so pad their WN8 or K/D ratios.

True, though in all honesty, in WoT, it's not all that hard to break even or turn a profit in most tier 10 tanks, assuming you didn't get killed.  Some tanks tend to be rather dependent on premium ammo, and those tanks tend to be VERY difficult to turn a profit.     But if you can get away with using non-premium ammo and do good damage, you can do fairly well in tier 10 battles in WoT.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,051 posts
41,557 battles

I think if you finish in the top 3 of your match win or lose you should receive discounted costs.  This would encourage people to try win or lose.

You're already encouraged to win, because you make more credits when you win.

Members
848 posts
6,891 battles

Play a tier X game, then play a few tier V games. You'll have fun, and make money. I generally make 100k per game in my non-premium tier Vs, without a premium account. In my top tier VIII, I generally break even, or lose up to 100k. So one low tier game is enough for me to recoup any losses I may have had.

• Cool 1

Members
869 posts
9,487 battles

It's so Wargaming can sell you premium time, premium ships, etc, to make earning credits easier. It's part of their business model. Lower tiers fund the higher tier play, if you haven't figured that out by now, you should probably move on...again...

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

It's so you can't stay at 9s and 10s and always be the top dog?

You already spent hundreds of hours earning the privledge, why shouldn't you be able to?

It's so Wargaming can sell you premium time, premium ships, etc, to make earning credits easier. It's part of their business model. Lower tiers fund the higher tier play, if you haven't figured that out by now, you should probably move on...again...

It's a crappy model.

Making money shouldn't get in the way of delivering a good product.

Unfortunately, morons will still reward WG for delivering - worse, because WG delivered - a gimped product.

Beta Testers
1,313 posts
12,709 battles

With people starving for content and some matches I've played consisting of 2/3 premiums why bother with pentalty economics in T10 at all?

Sign in to follow this