You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cirdane

Warspite under performing as of late

11 comments in this topic

Members
279 posts
10,242 battles

Seem to have run in to real problems with the Warspite as of late. (even post water line fix). she seems to no longer have any role. if she stands off she suffers massive damage from plunging fire and if you take her close she gets out dueled by German ships firing torpedoes and loads of secondaries right back at her. no point in angling at range when plunging fire goes right through her deck and no point in trading fire with enemy secondaries that put out what you do and then make you dance around their torpedoes. Criting with her "Mighty" 15 " guns also seems to have become as rare as hens teeth. As people have learned not to give you the side.

Addict still shows her at 55% win rate overall (I wonder if shes dropped as of late) but my own rate is down to about 40% now. Is she to use the lingo of WOT becoming the t-14 of WOWS?(the early premium suffering death by power creep?) not having these problems in the other ships I run but Warspite is a favorite (hence shelling out the cash for her). 

Russian cruisers seem to forestall hunting CA's as they keep their distance and hammer plunging fire right through the deck. It's just getting old going into fights in a favorite ship and spending most of your time evading, getting sunk by about anything and having to wait for the match to end so you can rinse and repeat.

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Bayern is just Warspite, but better.

As such, it's not surprising to see her drop in performance.

That being said, she still shouldn't be buffed.

If premiums can't be nerfed, fine. But on the flip side, they should never be buffed either.

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,030 battles

Also plunging fire doesn't work the way it should in this game, which is why I can't wait for the RN BBs and CVs with their tank decks. :D

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,030 battles

Bayern is just Warspite, but better.

As such, it's not surprising to see her drop in performance.

That being said, she still shouldn't be buffed.

If premiums can't be nerfed, fine. But on the flip side, they should never be buffed either.

Nice sentiment but it doesn't work that way, premiums have revived buffs and nerfs both in the live and test state, favourites are:

Atlanta, Atago, Scarnhorst, Torpitz, Murmansk, Kutazov, Marblehead, Katori, Yubari.  

Edit: and the iwaki alpha. 

Edited by Sinboto

Members
2,377 posts
16,938 battles

Warspite still needs to be lowered a little (WG made progress, but still not quite there), but seems to perform OK for me.  A few days ago I did poorly, but only due to lack of sleep.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,690 posts
5,582 battles

Warspite is still nowhere near her actual waterline. She's much higher than reality, exposing much more of her citadel.

Her deck armour is still her ww1 spec, not the pre ww2 rebuild

Combined with her low turret traverse, slow reload rate, worn barrel gun stats  - she's not all that playable against the newer lines.

Her old advantages - secondaries and reasonable turn radius - don't mean so much anymore.

I've stopped playing her.

Not fun being little more than someone else's points farm

Especially when Russian destroyers that slip behind you can load AP and give you citadels at will.

Edited by HMS_Formidable

Members
228 posts
6,391 battles

Warspite just need some minor love as she suffers a bit from power creep since her release. Just a slight buff to her is probably needed. I personally would like a range buff. 16.5km just feels unnecessarily short nowadays for a BB.  make it similar to the Bayern at 18-18.5km and I'm much happier. She still has her flavour of very slow turrets and mediocre armor but accentuate more her big guns.

[S_E_A]
Members
4 posts
2,810 battles

Warspite just need some minor love as she suffers a bit from power creep since her release. Just a slight buff to her is probably needed. I personally would like a range buff. 16.5km just feels unnecessarily short nowadays for a BB.  make it similar to the Bayern at 18-18.5km and I'm much happier. She still has her flavour of very slow turrets and mediocre armor but accentuate more her big guns.

The Bayern's max range is 17.7km

Members
228 posts
6,391 battles

The Bayern's max range is 17.7km

17.7 rounded up = to 18 no? hence "similar to Bayern", not "same as Bayern".

I could live with 17.7 aswell.

I'd be happy at 18.5.

Edited by SimiaStoicus

Members
3,014 posts

I had a nice run getting to know her...but since 5.10 her accuracy seems to be way off par now.

I found that removing every module upgrade (that's right)...she performed better, but not like she was pre-5.10