You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_bac0nator_

I'm having trouble with PvP

15 comments in this topic

[SNK]
Members
47 posts
3,824 battles

Every time I play PvP I seem to always lose. In fact right now I have a 43% WR.

Anybody know why or is it just i need to play more?

Should I stick to Co-op or move on to PvP (Continue hurting my WR)

I really need help

thanks

bacon :p

Beta Testers
586 posts
1,001 battles

50 battles in take your time at Tier 2-3, learning the different roles of destroyers, cruisers and battleships. Your Winrate is not completely in your hands so worry more about what you are contributing to the the team rather than whether you win or lose.  My biggest piece of advice it move up the tiers slowly, do not be in a hurry.  You will have more fun and find more success if you take the time to learn all the mechanics of the game.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

I'd recommend checking out some youtubers like Notser and iChase and the like and watching how they play. It's not going to compare like...1:1 because a lot of times they're running high tier ships, but it will give you an idea on what to look out for and some more high level tactics, like the appropriate times to use HE and AP. Without seeing you play, though, it's hard to judge what you need to do to improve. My guess, though, is that you're overcommitting early in the game and getting into situations that you don't have a way out of. Don't be afraid to hang back a little and pick and choose your targets. Additionally, using cover to limit who can engage you is important. Ideally, you want to engage everyone 1v1.

• Cool 1

Members
105 posts
13,102 battles

You should try learning from youtube guides by Business6 and watching some streamers on twitch tv, like Kamisamurai. I found it has helped me greatly, feel free to check out other guide makers and streamers, I just know those guys agree with what playstlye I like.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,871 battles

RNGsus (or whatever the balancing program's name is) seems to favor a 50% win rate.

It doesn't care if it's random or Co-Op.

So if you play 20 Co-Op games and win every one, expect to have rotten luck in PvP for the first few games.

It's just another one of those patterns I see.

My advise, start out the day in Random, then switch to Co-Op for whatever areas you need practice.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,871 battles

Another pattern I notice....

Learn your destroyers in Co-Op.  It's much tougher to survive in PvE.  If you can learn to survive there, you will do much, much better in Random.

And you will make more torpedo hits in PvP.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,310 battles

Formula for Success

1. Sacrifice a whole chicken to RNGeezus; I recommend a bucket of Kentucky Fried Original Recipe, though if you are feeling extra burnt, by all means, go with Extra Crispy.

2. When communicating your needs to RNGeezus, it is essential that one reach a higher plane. I find that a fifth of Cutty Sark makes for one heck of a plane ride, and goes well with chicken, too.

3. If an even higher plane needs to be reached, burnt offerings may be required. Usually a solidly packed bong hit, every 5 minutes or so, will suffice.

4. If at first this sacred and oft-times illegal ceremony does not show the desired effects, feel free to repeat it every weekend, as often as needed.

And remember: RNGeezus Luvz U!!

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
[D-DAY]
Members
53 posts
17,234 battles

80/20 rule. 80% of players are bad. 20% are good. The odds of getting a team with  few good players are low. The odds of getting a team with players still learning is high.

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

Formula for Success

1. Sacrifice a whole chicken to RNGeezus; I recommend a bucket of Kentucky Fried Original Recipe, though if you are feeling extra burnt, by all means, go with Extra Crispy.

2. When communicating your needs to RNGeezus, it is essential that one reach a higher plane. I find that a fifth of Cutty Sark makes for one heck of a plane ride, and goes well with chicken, too.

3. If an even higher plane needs to be reached, burnt offerings may be required. Usually a solidly packed bong hit, every 5 minutes or so, will suffice.

4. If at first this sacred and oft-times illegal ceremony does not show the desired effects, feel free to repeat it every weekend, as often as needed.

And remember: RNGeezus Luvz U!!

:teethhappy:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

I'd recommend checking out some youtubers like Notser and iChase and the like and watching how they play. It's not going to compare like...1:1 because a lot of times they're running high tier ships, but it will give you an idea on what to look out for and some more high level tactics, like the appropriate times to use HE and AP. Without seeing you play, though, it's hard to judge what you need to do to improve. My guess, though, is that you're overcommitting early in the game and getting into situations that you don't have a way out of. Don't be afraid to hang back a little and pick and choose your targets. Additionally, using cover to limit who can engage you is important. Ideally, you want to engage everyone 1v1.

Spot on - highly recommended. Also - set your replay recording "on" and watch yourself play each match as if you were watching someone else play, with a critical eye. I guarantee you'll see yourself doing things which will make you ask, "why did I do that?!" 

Members
811 posts
4,250 battles

Every time I play PvP I seem to always lose. In fact right now I have a 43% WR.

Anybody know why or is it just i need to play more?

Should I stick to Co-op or move on to PvP (Continue hurting my WR)

I really need help

thanks

bacon :p

IMHO, it's good to ride PvE until you are blue in the face and feel confident enough to jump into PvP.  Some skills, like teamwork, aren't easily learned in co-op, though. At some point a player has to take the plunge and get into the random fray. Also, keep in mind the rewards of PvP are far better than those of PvE.  My worst random matches often reward better than my best co-ops ones- but that's another issue/thread.  

I'd imagine, though, even if you you aren't happy with your random WR now, it will improve over time as you push through the rough times in PvP, provided you focus on learning and getting better. The math don't lie: Potato today=potato tomorrow.   lol    Keep you chin up, stay focused, remain determined, and you'll do fine.

Edited by ADM_Zakk_Zero

Members
390 posts
2,764 battles

My guess, though, is that you're overcommitting early in the game and getting into situations that you don't have a way out of.

I know that's definitely my problem. WAY too aggressive.

I also have the issue where whenever I DO try be cautious, like in lightly armored ships, it's apparently my job to lead the group, but when Im in a ship better suited to more forward positioning, nobody wants to follow.

Members
869 posts
9,487 battles

Do not focus on your win rate. Focus on learning the basics. Accurate shooting, proper angling, learning the in's and outs of the ship(s) you are using.  As mentioned, Ichase has some really good videos to help new players, Mesrith has an excellent Battleship guide, Lert and LittleWhiteMouse are fountains of good information.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/56286-mesriths-battleship-commander-and-equipment-guide/

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/58236-mouses-compilation-of-guides-articles/

https://www.youtube.com/user/ichasegaming/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrNotser

Search for and watch youtube replays from guys who do play well. Watch what they do and how they do it.  That's how I learned and started getting better.