You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MagicTheGreat

Grober Kurfurst captain skills? Help:)!!!

14 comments in this topic

Members
501 posts
12,751 battles

1. probably BoS, (or basic firing training if you are going full secondary build)

2.fire prevention is useless, don't waste the points, id opt for faster turret traverse (cause turret traverse is life)

3.vigilance for even better torp spotting (when you have a god awful turning radius of over a km, you will need all the warning you can get) or you can get superintendent for extra charge for hydro and heal

4.id probably go for adv. fire training (better AA and secondaries) cause just about everything else is useless on a bb

5. concealment (i personally wouldn't bother with this one concealment on the T10 German bb  is terrible anyways), or secondary battery skill (for accurate secondaries) those are the only real useful ones for a bb (variation may apply but for the most part that's the basic mold for bbs in general  

there are the first 15 down, so anything else would just be the icing on the cake

Edited by the_majestic_eagle

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

For Grover 18-pt capt, the manly way (apologies to atsf for the phrase-steal)

level 1: BFT (secondaries are life on this ship...BoS is ok, but not as good)

level 2: EM (fire prevention worthless, negligible decrease when you do math)

level 3: Vigilance, Super (I chose to use all 3 'extra' points here, since with her turning radius vigilance is a must, plus super for extra heal and extra hydro)

level 4: AFT (10+km secondaries WAT)

level 5: Manual control of secondaries (duct-taping a Nurnberg to each side of your ship is one thing, but duct-taping a Nurnberg with someone who knows how to aim at her controls? Even better.)

Members
39 posts

For Grover 18-pt capt, the manly way (apologies to atsf for the phrase-steal)

level 1: BFT (secondaries are life on this ship...BoS is ok, but not as good)

level 2: EM (fire prevention worthless, negligible decrease when you do math)

level 3: Vigilance, Super (I chose to use all 3 'extra' points here, since with her turning radius vigilance is a must, plus super for extra heal and extra hydro)

level 4: AFT (10+km secondaries WAT)

level 5: Manual control of secondaries (duct-taping a Nurnberg to each side of your ship is one thing, but duct-taping a Nurnberg with someone who knows how to aim at her controls? Even better.)

I have been thinking

1. BOS

2. EM

3. Vigilance AND Superintendent

4. AFT

5. Concealment

[KIA]
Members
1,856 posts
7,765 battles

I have been thinking

1. BOS

2. EM

3. Vigilance AND Superintendent

4. AFT

5. Concealment

Don't go for Concealment, take the Manual Secondaries.

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

Don't go for Concealment, take the Manual Secondaries.

This. 

She has terrible concealment. With concealment expert, you get her down to just mostly terrible concealment. 

But you have the equivalent of a Nurnberg duct taped to each side in secondaries.  You need to maximize those or you're wasting the whole point of driving a Grover. Manual control of secondaries is a huge boost in accuracy that increases your DPS. BFT adds a straight 10% to your secondary DPS. BoS is sort of a waste, CE is a HUGE waste. 

[PISD]
Beta Testers
594 posts
35,216 battles

Grober

:angry:

Grosser or Großer

Triggering my inner Kriegaboo

Edited by Schlachtschiff_Gneisenau
  • Cool 1

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

For the GroBer, and  16 point captain:

BoS + BFT

EM

High alert (and take prem heal)

AFT

Manual secondaries.

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

I have seen a few Youtubers who chose concealment over manual secondaries, and that got me confused as what to do.

I can name a few Youtubers/Twitch streamers who don't have a clue, and that's even considering I'm only an average player. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,720 posts

I have seen a few Youtubers who chose concealment over manual secondaries, and that got me confused as what to do.

These people are clueless snipers.  At the ranges you SHOULD be playing, you'll be spotted all the time.  Concealment or no concealment.

There are SOME battleships for which concealment is a good choice.  But the people taking it on everything are just idiots.

• Cool 1

[DWOLF]
Members
4 posts
1,709 battles

Ok... so in the NEW skills line, here is what I would recommend for the last three German BBs (VIII - X)... no need for vigilance as you have hydro!  I would go super.  So Priority Target > Adrenaline Rush (I find being able to nuke a battleship toe to toe when the battle is on the line is more valuable than the RARITY where gun traverse matters) > Basic Firing Training > Advanced Firing Training > Manual Control for Secondary Arms> Superintendent > Expert Loader or Direction Center for Catapult Fighter (your pick).  

To me the ONLY build for these ships is a secondary build.  The guns are for crapfor sniping, but SHRED things up close.  You can't hide these things.  They are cruiser killers from mid range and BB killers up close.  

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,984 battles

IMG_0325.JPG.96faaaa2b8cc6765764344c89505964a.JPG

That said, secondaries on a Kurfurst are a question of play preference. I dislike a BB without main battery accuracy, especially at Tier 10 where engagements under 10km are relatively rare. Vigilance isn't necessary with the excellent hydro on FDG and Kurfurst. When you are driving a small island with guns on it, reducing the fire spots from 4 down to 3 with Fire Prevention made sense even before the Conqueror appeared. 

This is a possible build:

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000010000010000011000100000119