You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tedbearsurvivalist

The Royal Navy

18 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

No one knows.

• Cool 3

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

I'd predict within 2 months.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,312 posts
18,895 battles

I love tedbearsurvivalist's drive by chaos-inducing posts.

We have the examples of the RU Cruisers and DE Battleships having the same teaser image, about 2 months before release. Judge it by when you start to see ST's in them.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,740 battles

BBs probably won't be here til next summer. Reason being is because WG said they want to add France (hopefully by the end of the year) and Italy sometime in spring next year!:read_fish:

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,628 battles

I'd predict within 2 months.

I'm with Darth. Two months give or take. We'll know more if they appear in 0.5.11 for Supertesters only. I am salivating...

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

I'm with Darth. Two months give or take. We'll know more if they appear in 0.5.11 for Supertesters only. I am salivating...

Just take the times from when ships/lines are 'spotted' and then the average time before they are added into client, Supertest times, possible delays.. and voila. You have about 2 months.

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,030 battles

What if every time someone created a new thread about the Royal Navy, the line got delayed a week?

As amusing as that would be I'd reckon the forums would catch fire. 

Members
5,450 posts
21,017 battles

I've also been wondering when the Royal Light Cruisers will be added to the game. And I think we can look at the recent history of ship trees being added to the game by WG to gauge when the next line will come out. 

09/25/2015 Russian Destroyer line Sneak Peak.

10/01/2015 German Cruiser line Sneak Peak. 

10/19/2015 Both lines added to the game. [24 days from RU sneak peak to in game, 18 days for the Germans.]

03/09/2016 Russian Cruiser line Sneak Peak. 

03/22/2016 Russian Cruisers dded to the game. [13 days from sneak peak to in game.]

07/06/2016 German Battleship line Sneak Peak. 

08/10/2016 German Battleships added to game. [35 days from sneak peak to in game.]

08/17/2016 Royal Navy Cruiser Line Sneak Peak. 

??/??/2016 Royal Navy Cruisers added to the game. 

You can draw your own conclusions from these dates and days between the sneak peak and the ship lines addition to the game. But I think its safe to say SoonTm or within the next month and half. 

I might have been ninja'd by Darth But at least I've got the dates and numbers to back up my post lol. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
3,212 posts

WG can't seem to win. They release the German BB and show of the next line and people still want more. Let's give them a break I am sure they are working on stuff 

0 posts

It will happen soon once the cruisers are finished with testing, and added in, likely a few weeks or months after the introduction of RN Cruisers. 

0 posts

Soon™

Sooo, could be they announce them tomorrow...

Could be they announce them in 4 years.

It all depends on when Wargaming decides such a line is ready to be announced. 

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

I'll say 6 weeks (slightly less time than Darth). They are likely being tested as we speak just not out on the live server. As far as UK BB line, I'd say 8 months to a year tops. It's akin to the German BB's, and looking at RedSeaBears dates, you have about 6 months between the RU lines and 10 between the Germans (because of the double release). Not to mention that development time for a line as I recall is stated to be somewhere between 6 months to a year, so even if they started from scratch tomorrow, doubt that they are, they might be able to get it out by next summer fall but most likely they've already done some work on it.