You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pope_Shizzle

Please Revert the New Tier 3 and 4 Restrictive Matchmaking

1,205 comments in this topic

Lert    15,686

+1. I'd been toying with posting this topic for a few days now. You saved me the effort.

• Cool 16

IronWolfV    6,626

I do agree. This is getting slightly out of hand. It's also going to be a major shock to players once they run smack into 5 and are constantly up against 7s.

• Cool 8

AVR_Project    709

So that's why my Krasney Krym has been doing so badly.

Those close order gun-battles with Atlanta, and double citadels from Nagato simply are not fun anymore.

People ask me how I like it...

It's a Premium Fail Division -- sticking a tier 4 cruiser at tier 5....  then stuffing it into every low tier battle.

dmb47    9

Don't know if it is conformation bias--but I am now at 32 straight games in my Murmansk, Gremy, Kamikaze, and Cleveland at bottom tier.....So a big +1 from me.

• Cool 1

alexf24    1,091

Makes sense. I agree that something should be done. Not sure what the solution should be but Pope has a good idea for starters.

Nuk_    1,549

Yeah, I gotta agree. I've basically stopped playing all my tier 5s and 6s because I get bottom tier nearly every single time.

• Cool 4

TheStarSlayer    564

While I am certainly benefiting in my VII grind I would wager down an Tier V and likely up at VIII things are not so rosy because the MM I've been getting has been consistently generous.

Edited by TheStarSlayer

But... But... Then how am I supposed to smash seals with my Nikolai? :trollface:

It's actually causing problems all the way up to T8. Pulling more 6s/7s down for top tier games, combined with the once again ludicrous repair costs shrinking the T10 population, even T8s are almost always bottom tier now. 

Edited by Show_Me_Your_Cits
  • Cool 1

pmgaudio    3,428

I have gotten more "tier'd" down  than before the last few weeks, never really wanted to complain about it, but it happens more than I believe it should, as Pope and the rest of you up there seem to believe as well. Maybe it is a thing.... maybe  it will go away....but I will say that it makes for a more challenging game, even if the outcomes are not advantageous to the XP needed  to skill up my Captains ..... adaptation has its limits though....

• Cool 1

pmgaudio    3,428

But... But... Then how am I supposed to smash seals with my Nikolai? :trollface:

It's actually causing problems all the way up to T8. Pulling more 6s/7s down for top tier games, combined with the once again ludicrous repair costs shrinking the T10 population, even T8s are almost always bottom tier now. 

HEY!! You did pretty ok yesterday with that IOWA KRAKEN!!!!:trollface: Edited by pmgaudio

poeticmotion    1,034

It's definitely hurt me. My two most played ships are my Farragut and Kamikaze-R, and those are where I make my credits for upgrades and such. Win rate on both have plummeted because I'm almost always bottom tier in both ships now. It's definitely had a major negative impact on the game for me. 

I can see even keeping restrictive matchmaking for tier 3 as there's a huge difference between, for example, a Kolberg and a Konigsburg ability wise. But by tier 4, ships are starting to settle into being more competitive...tier 4 does not need restrictive matchmaking. 

• Cool 1

paradat    655

Don't know if it is conformation bias--but I am now at 32 straight games in my Murmansk, Gremy, Kamikaze, and Cleveland at bottom tier.....So a big +1 from me.

ah OK was thinking abut tracking this as well.

Lord_Zath    1,205

Agreed.  This change can be seen as a significant nerf to tier 5's and a slight nerf to tier 6's.  It's turned tier 7 into the sweet spot - able to be top tier or see a max of tier 10...

HEY!! You did pretty ok yesterday with that IOWA KRAKEN!!!!

That moment when Kraken pops up and you're like.. Oh, sweet, didn't even notice! 

Most of those kills were just securing, I really didn't do much damage that game (70k). Eating those friendly torps didn't help either (feels bad man...) 

Edited by Show_Me_Your_Cits

DoomStomper    1,446

While this would admittedly come at the expense of longer queue times, another option might be for the matchmaker to place a greater emphasis on trying to create +/- 1 tier spread battles for tiers 5-10.  There would still be a chance of seeing +/- 2 spread battles, but perhaps only after being in queue for over a minute or so.

Just a thought.

• Cool 4

Nuk_    1,549

While this would admittedly come at the expense of longer queue times, another option might be for the matchmaker to place a greater emphasis on trying to create +/- 1 tier spread battles for tiers 5-10.  There would still be a chance of seeing +/- 2 spread battles, but perhaps only after being in queue for over a minute or so.

Just a thought.

I wouldn't mind a bit of a longer queue time if it meant more time as top tier.

• Cool 1

I definitely noticed it when I ground the Koenig.  Something like 75% of my games were T7.  

I had the good fortune to have decent teams during the grind, and the 2.0 sigma helped.  But it sure would have been more fun to play on a level playing field rather than as the bottom face on the totem pole.

Sock5    159

I wouldn't mind a bit of a longer queue time if it meant more time as top tier.

I'm sure a lot of people would be.

The issue is that if they have the special MM for any sort of tiers (beyond 1, maybe 2) then the next tier that is normal is going to be shafted hard.