You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sleepy_Sam

So...I need a favor, please (ASIA PLAYERS PLEASE READ)

34 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
72 battles

Okay, so I'll preface this by stating I play on the Asia server because I have friends/family that I play with there.  Every time I update I have to change the scripts_config file to put me on the Asia server.  I had it set up where it had all the servers in the drop-down, and that had been working fine for the last few updates.  On the 0.5.10.1 update today I replaced the file with the one I had been using, and in my haste did not make a copy of the original scripts_config file.  Now it's saying the game is outdated and won't let me login.  Is there any way someone can post the .xml script in the scripts_config file so that I can replace mine?  That would be awesome. 

C:/ > Games > World Of Warships > res > scripts_config

100 cookies to whomever can help me. 

Edited by Sleepy_Sam

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

IT'S UPDATED!?!?

OMG. 

#Mods #Now #Vanilla 

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

IT'S UPDATED!?!?

OMG. 

#Mods #Now #Vanilla 

oh shite

it got real

[COOP]
Members
812 posts
5,604 battles

I highly recommend you use the res_mods directory in the future. It makes updating this mod as simple as changing the folder name. Here is a link to just the Region Changer mod that contains the XML file you need.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/39023-mod-the-seekers-wows-region-changer-0540/

Download that file. After you follow the instructions, you will need to move scripts_config.xml manually from the 0.5.4 folder to the 0.5.10.1 folder in res_mods. I verified that I was able to login to the RU/EU/SEA server even though the packaged mod folder is 0.5.4.

Members
16 posts
72 battles

This appears to be the same code as what I had, just with the additional servers.  I did go ahead and place it in the res_mod folder under the current update like you stated and it still does not work.  When attempting to login to the NA server, you get the standard server error (like when they're down).  I haven't checked to see if they're performing maintenance yet, btw.  However, when attempting any of the other servers I get the original message I was getting stating the game client needs updated.  Is there any way you can open the scripts_config in Notepad and paste the code from the current .xml file so I can see if the code actually changed, or if I have another issue?  I would really appreciate it.

[COOP]
Members
812 posts
5,604 battles

Sam, I messed up. I checked it last night when I was playing. It looks like we are still a patch ahead of the other servers. Once the other servers update, the region changer should work normally. This will occur every patch cycle because the NA client tends to get updated a day ahead of the others.

Members
16 posts
72 battles

Ok, thanks.  I just edit the script in Notepad+ and it generally works.  I had been using the same script (NA and JP servers) and it had been working immediately after all previous updates, so I'm not sure what happened this time to change it.  I did figure something out that I think will work:  if you right-click on the WoWSLauncher.cfg file and select "Previous Versions" there is an option to restore a previous version.  I clicked that and it appears to be re-installing the last update.  I'll view the new scripts_config file and see if it is different (and this time make a copy of it).  I'll post back if this ends up working. 

Members
16 posts
72 battles

My fix worked; I can now get on the NA server.  However, they changed the way the servers are accessed in the new update.    I typically don't program in .xml, but I'll try messing around with it and see if I can come up with a fix. 

Members
16 posts
72 battles

Okay, it appears it's being routed through the World of Tanks server somehow?  I took a stab at what I thought the Asia server address was, but was wrong. 

The old routing script looked like this:

<server online="true">
        <host addr="login.worldofwarships.jp:20020" alias="WOWS ASIA"/>
        <host addr="login.worldofwarships.com:20020" alias="WOWS NA"/>
    </server>

This is what the new routing script looks like:

<server online="true">
        <host alias="WOWS NA" csis="http://csis.worldoftanks.com/csis/wowsus">
            <master addr="login2.worldofwarships.com:20020"/>
            <master addr="login1.worldofwarships.com:20020"/>
        </host>
    </server>

Can someone who plays on the Asia (JP) server please post their script_config file?

Edited by Sleepy_Sam

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,325 posts
10,907 battles

Here's a question along the same lines - I've been looking at starting an EU account as well, and downloading the EU client. Do I need to install it to a different directory, ie, World_of_Warships_EU, will it automatically install to a different directory, or does it install to the same directory and I just select which server and account to play at the login screen?

Members
16 posts
72 battles

You only need one game client installed; you just have to create accounts on each server you want to play.  Then, log into that server.  Unfortunately, accounts don't transfer :(

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

Guess I'll see if the players on the JP forum can copy and paste....

I'm confused to why you want to do it that way and not use the region changer mod. In the long run it takes less to do, and what you're doing is basically modding anyway.

Edited by Cruiser_Noshiro

[419TH]
Members
13 posts

Here is mine Sam, I have a Asian client but I mostly NA now days. So when NA patches I cannot play for a day or so...

server online="true">

<host alias="WOWS ASIA" addr="login.worldofwarships.jp:20020"/>

<host alias="WOWS NA" addr="login.worldofwarships.com:20020"/>

<host alias="WOWS EU" addr="login.worldofwarships.eu:20020"/>

Cheers

[CONQR]
Beta Testers
895 posts
13,174 battles

I think op is playing at a net cafe or something.

When I was at a net cafe in taiwan, you can change the xmls of the files, but you cannot run mods that require administrative permissions :/

Members
16 posts
72 battles

DieSmiling:  Thank you, but that is what I had before the update.  It worked until today.  the routing has changed.

Kancollewuzhere: Partially correct.  I am trying to play with TW people while currently in the US.

Edited by Sleepy_Sam

[PWI]
Banned
551 posts
1,839 battles

Another poster on the World Of Tanks forum reported getting a virus from that link, and I tried the same link and got TROJAN FAKE ALERT VIRUS which totaled one of my pcs so please be careful when posting links to a known hijacking virus website!

[COOP]
Members
812 posts
5,604 battles

DieSmiling:  Thank you, but that is what I had before the update.  It worked until today.  the routing has changed.

Kancollewuzhere: Partially correct.  I am trying to play with TW people while currently in the US.

See if this works Sam. It is an educated guess based on the new structure. I can't test it because I don't have an Asian account and I don't know if the other servers have finished updating to 5.10.1 yet.

<host alias="WOWS SEA" csis=http://csis.worldoftanks.jp/csis/wowsjp>
            <master addr="login2.worldofwarships.jp:20020"/>
            <master addr="login1.worldofwarships.jp:20020"/>

</host>

[Y81]
Members
836 posts
4,556 battles

As of 5.00pm Thursday East coast Australia the ASIA server hasn't got the update yet.I will post up the details when it does.

Also,if you have the internet speed and monthly allowance to do so,I would recommend separate installs for the NA and ASIA clients.That way when stuff like this happens,or like  the Halloween event here last year you can still play both servers whenever you want.

[WHS]
Beta Testers
1,073 posts
14,294 battles

Another poster on the World Of Tanks forum reported getting a virus from that link, and I tried the same link and got TROJAN FAKE ALERT VIRUS which totaled one of my pcs so please be careful when posting links to a known hijacking virus website!

It's not a virus. When programs don't follow certain standards and/or modify other programs sometimes they create what is called a false positive. The main point here is Aslain's mod pack does not contain viruses. He's been a modder for years now, first in World of Tanks and now here. He'd lose his reputation very fast if he uploaded a virus. I can tell you from personal experience I've been using his mod pack for ages and never got a virus even tho every time I go to install it I have to override both Windows and my AV program in order for them to allow it to install. 
  • Cool 1

Members
2 posts
92 battles

Hey sam, I have the same situation like you so here is what I get from my friend in asia sever. Look like they haven't update the new patch like us in NA sever, so I guess we just have to wait until it's updated.

Oh and btw, to someone who said to use Aslains mod, I did try it and it didn't work at all. Just to let you guys know that. 

Members
2 posts

I'm trying the following. Tested every "csis" url and all of them yield a script except for the jp one, which gives a blank page :(

I don't have accounts on the EU and RU servers to test so I'll just take it on faith from an earlier poster here that the jp server hasn't patched yet.

<server online="true">
        <host alias="WoWS EU">
csis="http://csis.worldoftanks.eu/csis/wowsus">
            <master addr="login2.worldofwarships.eu:20020"/>
            <master addr="login1.worldofwarships.eu:20020"/>
        </host>
        <host alias="WOWS NA"             csis="http://csis.worldoftanks.com/csis/wowseu">
            <master addr="login2.worldofwarships.com:20020"/>
            <master addr="login1.worldofwarships.com:20020"/>
        </host>
        <host alias="WoWS RU">
csis="http://csis.worldoftanks.ru/csis/wowsru">
            <master addr="login2.worldofwarships.ru:20020"/>
            <master addr="login1.worldofwarships.ru:20020"/>
        </host>
      <host alias="WoWS Asia">
csis="http://csis.worldoftanks.jp/csis/wowsjp">
            <master addr="login2.worldofwarships.jp:20020"/>
            <master addr="login1.worldofwarships.jp:20020"/>