Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mobryan

Take DOT away from Friendly Fire, PLEASE!!!!

32 comments in this topic

[SOFW]
Members
1,445 posts
7,913 battles

Not normally a ranter, so this might be even more disjointed than my regular posts.

For the love of all that is holy, un-holy and chaotically neutral, PLEASE stop letting green torpedoes put holes in my boat!!! I'll take the damage, that's fine, I'll take the wthmoments of trying to torpedobeat out of a friendly crossdrop, just keep the water in the ocean, K????

5 times in 4 days I have died as a result of having to "R" my way out of friendly flooding, then needing it again to deal with hostile fire. All 5 times (2 in Warspite, 2 in Bayern, and 1 in the Konig) I have been actively pushing, committing random acts of piracy against the red fleet, acting as the aggressive BB that everyone SAYS they want. My reward??? I take supposedly friendly exploding sea [edited]'s to my rudder...

PLEASE, make it STAAAAAAAHHHHPPP!!!!!!

Signed,

Frustrated Brawler.

• Cool 1

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

There's a difference between being aggressive and being so far forward that your DD's are consistently behind you...

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

send report and replays in.....

And HOW DARE you engage the Enemy in a BB where the fight is, and not SNIPE FROM RANGE>>>>!!!!!:trollface:

Members, Beta Testers
1,591 posts
2,659 battles

There's a difference between being aggressive and being so far forward that your DD's are consistently behind you...

Cans and CAs should not be putting fish in the water if there are friendlies between them and the target.  If you are smart about your drops it's not difficult to avoid FF.
  • Cool 1

[RM-I]
Members
446 posts
5,377 battles

Its on you and them, a good destroyer should be in front and not fire torps at allies, you shouldnt be in front of them and they should be in front of you and dont fire torps at you

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

Cans and CAs should not be putting fish in the water if there are friendlies between them and the target.  If you are smart about your drops it's not difficult to avoid FF.

Please do not misunderstand me...I in no way hold the BB responsible for eating friendly torps.  The only time I do that is when you have a noob DD drivers that sail broadside to an enemy BB and act as a meat shield...

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,829 posts

Tk's are baaad

Dont repair friendly torp or fire damage.  let them pay your repair.

Edited by Spyde
  • Cool 4

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
25,409 battles

Too bad for you! They already took out 2ndary FF damage so I suspect the DOT flooding you will have to live with. I suggest let it flood you out so the ally gets TK status right away. Of course always put in a support ticket with evidence so the ally TKer will get to 5 strikes very quickly.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Tk's are baaad

I'd rather survive and help my team out. Than purposely die and deny my team an asset just because I was upset.
  • Cool 2

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,829 posts

I'd rather survive and help my team out. Than purposely die and deny my team an asset just because I was upset.

Upset ?  Its just making their penalty for landing 2-3 torps into the side of your ship a little bit better,  its not like were talking ranked or team battles here.   Its hard to get "upset" over a video game.

Who said anything about purposely getting killed ?  Your dead anyway if your pushing and a team mate takes 75% of your HP while pushing into the enemy...  I would just be.. saving my repair to get the flood and fires at the same time...

Edited by Spyde

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Upset ?  Its just making their penalty for landing 2-3 torps into the side of your ship a little bit better,  its not like were talking ranked or team battles here.   Its hard to get "upset" over a video game.

Who said anything about purposely getting killed ?  Your dead anyway if your pushing and a team mate takes 75% of your HP while pushing into the enemy...  I would just be.. saving my repair to get the flood and fires at the same time...

Even the 1 HP enemy is dangerous, I've come back with less that 5% of HP and saved my team from certain defeat. That 'I give up' logic is flawed.

Edited by DarthDoge
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,134 posts
35,155 battles

Cowardly DDs... Their invisible! What do they have to be afraid of...?

Just radar, and Hydro, and torps, 5" guns, and 6" guns, and 8" guns, and 12" guns, and 14" guns, and 16" guns, and 18.1" guns, and 11" guns... and now 13" guns from the Dairy Queen/Baguette...

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,829 posts

Even the 1 HP enemy is dangerous, I've come back with less that 5% of HP and saved my team from certain defeat. That 'I give up' logic is flawed.

To each their own, i'm not to worried about win/loss, especially after if a friendly chunks 3/4 my hp. 

Either way.. not like it happens that often.

[RLGN]
Members
19,134 posts
35,155 battles
(edit: sorry, bad connection, screwed up and DP'd.)
Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

Particularly when you have torpedoes being launched well outside their maximum range!

There have been several instances where I have seen idiot drivers of Konigsberg and Nurnberg launch their torps at their intended targets from more than double the 6km maximum.

That makes for a chaotic soup when their own team-mates are within 6km of them.

Buffoons!

Members
1,840 posts
2,716 battles

Not normally a ranter, so this might be even more disjointed than my regular posts.

For the love of all that is holy, un-holy and chaotically neutral, PLEASE stop letting green torpedoes put holes in my boat!!! I'll take the damage, that's fine, I'll take the wthmoments of trying to torpedobeat out of a friendly crossdrop, just keep the water in the ocean, K????

5 times in 4 days I have died as a result of having to "R" my way out of friendly flooding, then needing it again to deal with hostile fire. All 5 times (2 in Warspite, 2 in Bayern, and 1 in the Konig) I have been actively pushing, committing random acts of piracy against the red fleet, acting as the aggressive BB that everyone SAYS they want. My reward??? I take supposedly friendly exploding sea [edited]'s to my rudder...

PLEASE, make it STAAAAAAAHHHHPPP!!!!!!

Signed,

Frustrated Brawler.

I have no comment at this point, but I will say this post made me lol....and for that I thank you sir.

friendly exloding sea [edited]hue

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

WG likes friendly torp damage. It kills ships, keeping ship death rates up. 

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,914 battles

I don't even follow the "don't launch fish if an ally can turn into them" guideline. I watch what they're doing, analyze how the situation they're in could unfold, and make my decision accordingly. I've yet to torpedo an allied ship doing so—it's only when I forget to check my "blind spots" by launching first and looking second, that I've struck allied ships.

When I read Sypde's original remark (the one quoted above), I took it in the context of OP's scenario: you're struck with an allied torpedo and flooding, and you're in a situation where it's reasonable to expect additional damage over time effects in the near future. It's the same logic as letting dive bombers' fires burn—save that damage control cooldown in case you need it again shortly. Just because you have the power to limit your teammate's penalty does not mean you should risk your own ship's future for it.

If instead Spyde was referring to a situation where you're obviously free and clear of enemy attack and you let the flooding continue out of spite, then I agree that it's an absurd piece of advice.

[-KIA-]
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

I don't even follow the "don't launch fish if an ally can turn into them" guideline. I watch what they're doing, analyze how the situation they're in could unfold, and make my decision accordingly. I've yet to torpedo an allied ship doing so—it's only when I forget to check my "blind spots" by launching first and looking second, that I've struck allied ships.

When I read Sypde's original remark (the one quoted above), I took it in the context of OP's scenario: you're struck with an allied torpedo and flooding, and you're in a situation where it's reasonable to expect additional damage over time effects in the near future. It's the same logic as letting dive bombers' fires burn—save that damage control cooldown in case you need it again shortly. Just because you have the power to limit your teammate's penalty does not mean you should risk your own ship's future for it.

If instead Spyde was referring to a situation where you're obviously free and clear of enemy attack and you let the flooding continue out of spite, then I agree that it's an absurd piece of advice.

I was responding to the 'out of spite' point. It's pretty absurd, you not only punish the teammate, yourself and your team by doing that. Just because you were angry, childish really.

If you have a DD for example that's spamming HE, bug out and then repair.

[NBB]
Members
70 posts
8,849 battles

Your problem isn't a DOT from friendly fire, your problem is that you're receiving friendly fire.  The way to solve the problem of friendly fire is submitting a ticket to WG with the replay attached.  You're barking up the wrong tree here and asking for something that is extremely unlikely to happen and won't solve your problem in any case.  

Beta Testers
237 posts
12,560 battles

On the day they remove friendly fire they have removed the last bit of what makes this game worth playing.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Unless you're really having a serious RNG beating, I find it hard to believe you're getting hit that many times. Screenshots?

And instead of using your repair, let it flood and let the perp wear a pink tutu....

Sign in to follow this