Vas79

Supremacy Season Three Qualifying Tournament

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

28 posts in this topic

Gentleman,

This post is about the upcoming qualifying tournament for Season Three of Supremacy and some slight changes we have made that will affect on the overall placement of teams at the conclusion of the tournament.

After a series of conversations we’ve decided that there is no fair way to place teams under our first tournament idea. In order to keep the placement as fair as possible your final position as of the end of the qualifying tournament will determine division placement going into season three.  No previous Supremacy play will be considered for team placement.

The top 10 teams will form the Gold Division, the Silver and Bronze Divisions will be populated using the teams who finished under 10th place based on precedence.  If we feel we don’t have enough teams to sufficiently populate a Silver and Bronze Division the Bronze will not be populated.  We also reserve the right to adjust the number of teams in the Gold Division previous to season start to ensure we have two populated divisions.  

The tournament format will remain the same;

• Single Elimination

• Play times and rounds will be set based on team sign ups

• Brackets and Maps will be released on Sept 6th

• Matches are best of 3

• Playoffs best of 5

• ALL SEASON THREE RULES ARE IN EFFECT FOR THE QUALIFIER

Once again the deadline of sign ups for the Qualifier and for Season Three is on Sept 5th @ 23:59 EST.  We will entertain late registrations however you will not be able to participate in the qualifier if your team misses the registration deadline and your team will be placed into the lowest division that is running for the season.  

Register Here: https://goo.gl/forms/VqVVWCHm4aYa8JQz2

Good luck to everyone we’ll see you on the field!

Edited by Vas79

Looking forward to this!!  Thanks again to you and all involved in setting this up.

Stout Hearts

-AK2-Warhawk

So can we just forfeit our matches in the Tourney and be placed in the Bronze league?

So can we just forfeit our matches in the Tourney and be placed in the Bronze league?

Or not play and start Bronze if you'd like.

Or not play and start Bronze if you'd like.

Interesting. No failsafes in place to keep the top tier teams from just dropping the tourney and clubbing the lower seed teams and farming doubloons.

How about the 1st place Gold Div prize?  I figure the draw of 30,000 more Doubloons for a potential first place finish would keep teams from wanting to sandbag and play in a lower div.  I also figure that a certain amount of pride will keep the top groups who are playing from trying to throw it and seed lower. But if a unit wants to throw themselves into the Bronze league to farm doubloons we don't have a fail safe for it because we didn't envision it happening.

How about the 1st place Gold Div prize?  I figure the draw of 30,000 more Doubloons for a potential first place finish would keep teams from wanting to sandbag and play in a lower div.  I also figure that a certain amount of pride will keep the top groups who are playing from trying to throw it and seed lower. But if a unit wants to throw themselves into the Bronze league to farm doubloons we don't have a fail safe for it because we didn't envision it happening.

I've always wondered why but then again if some of the "top teams" do sandbag it, that will just make it easier on us so having said that go ahead FOG and KANTAI,   :hiding:  Please????   :hiding::P

Stout Hearts

-AK2-Warhawk

I've always wondered why but then again if some of the "top teams" do sandbag it, that will just make it easier on us so having said that go ahead FOG and KANTAI,   :hiding:  Please????   :hiding::P

Stout Hearts

-AK2-Warhawk

>;3 ...

We're not going to sandbag, nor was I trying to imply we were but obviously it was a valid question. 

We're not going to sandbag, nor was I trying to imply we were but obviously it was a valid question. 

At the end of the day if required we would move a team that we figured may have thrown their matches to end up in a lower division to roflstomp their way to victory.  We reserve the right as admins to do what is required to keep the league fair and competitive.

Polar? That's a Tier 3 map...   CV's and BB's will be insta spotted apon start timer. If we had a streamer would we have to wait to fire our weapons until the CV is dead? Battleships will be instantly spotted if not before hand. There's other maps that you wouldn't even have to worry about rules issues on that could take this map's place, I wouldn't even mind a repeat of the map before over Polar with Tier 8's.

Minor oops, Polar was supposed to be removed from the Qualifier rotation. I've replaced it with Land of Fire as that map was not in the rotation yet.

It will however be in the rotation for Season 3. If memory serves the majority of maps get played at least once on every game mode. As new game modes / maps get added, I'll be adding them in (provided no glaring balance issues, etc.)

In the off chance Polar ends up being streamed this season, we'll make a rule compensation to deal with it. 

Edit: no Bastion mode though, yet

Edited by SterlingArcher1942

Brackets for the weekend are set, they along with the full Tournament breakdown will be released tomorrow.  

Ok I have our randomly generated brackets for the Qualifier on Friday Sept 9th.  

Brackets: http://challonge.com/WSLQualifier

Tournament Procedure:

The Qualifier will be a single(ish) elimination event.  The top 10 teams will populate the Gold Division with the bottom 9 filling in the Silver Division with World of WarSheeps who have declined to take part in the Qualifier.  Since seeding for each division will be done in a block, all teams who make it to round three will be considered seeded into the Gold Division for season three.  The remaining two slots in the gold division will be filled by two of the remaining eliminated teams. All the eliminated teams will have the kills of their best two matches in the round they were eliminated in counted, the four eliminated teams with the highest kill counts will play a randomly seeded match with the two winning teams being seeded into the Gold Division and the remaining two teams going to Silver.

This format will allow us to conclude the Qualifier in one evening's worth of play with the majority of the teams playing one match to have their seeding decided.  This will give team leads the Saturday night free and allow us to have the schedule worked out for the unit leaders meeting on Sunday.

The Qualifier will start at 9 pm Eastern on Friday night and we ask that all team reps are in the Supremacy Discord 15 minutes previous to the start time.  All season three rules are in effect for the qualifier, including roster rules.  Teams have until start time Friday to conduct any roster changes without penalty.  

Good luck to all teams; we'll see you Friday night.

Supremacy Discord: https://discord.gg/uyKMw9f (Can also use https://discord.me/supremacy if you like).

Since the Maps page on the website is 404ing at the moment 

Round 1 New Dawn  
  Atlantic  
  Islands of Ice  

Round 2 Okinawa  
  Loop  
  Trident  

Round 3 Tears of the Desert Tourney Version  
  Mountain Range  
  Hotspot  

So with the latest patch, I'm guessing Aslain's is broken now - so no more training room.  If that's the case, are there any instructions for how to re-enable the training room?

So with the latest patch, I'm guessing Aslain's is broken now - so no more training room.  If that's the case, are there any instructions for how to re-enable the training room?

Aslan's has been updated.  I just downloaded it but haven't had a chance to run a game yet to verify that everything works.  I suspect it will I don't usually have issues with his Modpack.  http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-05110-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview-v5110_00-08-09-2016/  That's a direct link to his download site.

Stout Hearts

-AK2-Warhawk

So part of having the team leaders show up early will be final roster confirmations, we're currently setting up the forums to handle most of the team admin management.  We had meant to have it automated but our summer was busier then expected and some work didn't get done.

The forums on the Supremacy site will be set up to allow teams to do roster changes,schedule matches and post results, as we get things automated through the site we'll transition away from using the forums for all of these actions.  It might take some time and we ask for patience but with that being said we'll still be able to run the season it will just require abit more back end work on our part.

If you ever need to access training room, look at my sig. :)

If you ever need to access training room, look at my sig. :)

It works flawlessly, BWC uses the same method, it was your link originally that got us to enable the training room like that. Much obliged.

Good luck in the qualifyers, everyone.

cheers,

C.