You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LordViper90

Know it all players

38 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts
1,999 battles

Hello everyone, im LordViper90

I have been playing since closed beta and was just curious how many "pros" actually play this game?? 

I'm asking this question because it seems there is a lot of players trying to tell others while they are in a match that they are crap players. 

Also while in a match earlier this morning im told i am hiding while im in a battle with 2 Bbs 1 DD and 1 cruiser. 

Now im not going to say that i am the best player in the game because im not and i will never pretend to be the best player. 

But i would like to talk to some of these guys who think they know it all and think there crap don't stink.

I don't care what your stats are cause i don't look at what statistics say i watch how the player plays. 

I'm not here to point fingers just want everyone to know that no one here is a pro suggestions on how to play OK but if u think your the only player out there that is or has already learned how to play to your liking think again a lot of people like myself  play to have fun ONLY  and have a little competition while we do it also we try to help the team if we are in a situation to do so. 

yeah im writing this because i was a little offended ( or butt-hurt as u all say) by what i seen by my own teammate, 

Im not the kind of [edited]-hat that will report everything that i get offended by. 

I really enjoy this game but when u have know it all players that try to tell you that your a shitter and we still end up losing take a look at how the WHOLE team played the match.

It isnt just 1 persons fault that we lose everyone has to contribute something to win a lot of times we do get a lot of real good players and i do listen to what they have to say but what i had today kinda sucked cause i was live streaming the match on my channel i got a lot of people mad at the guy who thought he knew it all.

I do apologize if this topic is not to your liking but im not the person that likes to keep quiet. 

Now as i said im not the best player but im still learning as i go  i do appreciate any suggestions if u see me in game on what i should be doing depending on the ship i am playing. 

Thank you for your comments and feedback now back to your battle stations Sailor :-) 

Edited by LordViper90

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

You might want to consider some formatting if you expect any reasonable responses....

And while your statement is true....you won't get those people to change.

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles

What is a pro and how was one define it? (sorry couldnt get past the first line, wall-o-text makes me zone out :aqua:)

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,651 battles

I'm not going to bother to read this wall of unformatted, barely punctuated, and properly capitalized text.  If you want to have people actually bother to read your posts, start with reasonable formatting, spelling, punctuation, and so on.

Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

I had a game yesterday on Fault Line. One of my teammates took his battleship down the 9-10 line alone. He quickly ran into a couple of enemy cruisers. He immediately began screaming for help. 

Now, I could tell he was dead meat. The nearest friendly ship was just too far away to do anything. So I told the team: "Leave him. Don't get sunk trying to help him". Well, as you can expect, he didn't like that. I calmly proposed that taking a bb alone ANYWHERE is a bad idea. But honestly, doing that down the tight confines of that strait on Fault Line actually borders outright stupidity. 

The point is, some people learn from their mistakes. Most don't. Sure, unsolicited feedback can be annoying. But it's still feedback. YOU have the power to look at that feedback and take whatever positives from it that can be found. Or don't. No one really cares. The only person that can lose is you.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

An experienced player won't criticize the efforts of others, only offer advise.

Advise like - "please don't leave the cap", "Use your torpedoes", (to Battleship) "Target the cruiser -- not the battleship"

And my favorite in a Standard Battle, "Gentlemen, I fail to see the strategic advantage for everyone sailing off to some distant corner".

But after things have gone terribly wrong, and we're down to one ship taking hits from 6 surrounding enemy.... "The Karlsrue is a fine ship...  I think we got this !"

Edited by AVR_Project
  • Cool 1

[USCC]
Members
3,907 posts
19,255 battles

Hello everyone, im LordViper90

I have been playing since closed beta and was just curious how many "pros" actually play this game?? 

I'm asking this question because it seems there is a lot of players trying to tell others while they are in a match that they are crap players. 

Also while in a match earlier this morning im told i am hiding while im in a battle with 2 Bbs 1 DD and 1 cruiser. 

Now im not going to say that i am the best player in the game because im not and i will never pretend to be the best player. 

But i would like to talk to some of these guys who think they know it all and think there crap don't stink.

I don't care what your stats are cause i don't look at what statistics say i watch how the player plays. 

I'm not here to point fingers just want everyone to know that no one here is a pro suggestions on how to play OK but if u think your the only player out there that is or has already learned how to play to your liking think again a lot of people like myself  play to have fun ONLY  and have a little competition while we do it also we try to help the team if we are in a situation to do so. 

yeah im writing this because i was a little offended ( or butt-hurt as u all say) by what i seen by my own teammate, 

Im not the kind of [edited]-hat that will report everything that i get offended by. 

I really enjoy this game but when u have know it all players that try to tell you that your a shitter and we still end up losing take a look at how the WHOLE team played the match.

It isnt just 1 persons fault that we lose everyone has to contribute something to win a lot of times we do get a lot of real good players and i do listen to what they have to say but what i had today kinda sucked cause i was live streaming the match on my channel i got a lot of people mad at the guy who thought he knew it all.

I do apologize if this topic is not to your liking but im not the person that likes to keep quiet. 

Now as i said im not the best player but im still learning as i go  i do appreciate any suggestions if u see me in game on what i should be doing depending on the ship i am playing. 

Thank you for your comments and feedback now back to your battle stations Sailor :-) 

Less of a wall at least.

• Cool 4

Members
1,360 posts

Hello everyone, I'm LordViper90. I have been playing since closed beta, and was just curious how many skilled professionals actually play this game. I'm asking this question because it seems there are a lot of players trying to tell others, while in the middle of a match, that they are inexperienced and aren't good at playing. Also, while in a match earlier this morning, I'm told I am hiding while I'm in a battle with 2 Battleships, a Destroyer, and a Cruiser. Now, I'm not going to say that I am the best player in the game, because I'm not, and I will never pretend to be the best player. However, I would like to talk to some of these players who think they know it all, and think their baseless insults are somehow contributing. I don't care what your stats are, because I don't look at what statistics say; I watch how the player plays.

I'm not here to point fingers, I just want everyone to know that no one here is a professional. Suggestions on how to play? Perfectly acceptable, but if you think you're the only player out there that is, or has already learned how to play to your preference, think again. A lot of people, like myself, play only to have fun, and have a little competition while we do it. We also try to help the team if we are in a situation to do so.
     Yeah, I'm writing this because I was a little offended (or butt-hurt as you all say) by what I was told by my own teammate. I'm not the kind of being that will report everything that I get offended by. I really enjoy this game, but when you have know-it-all players that try to tell you that you're not a good player, and we still end up losing, take a look at how the entire team played the match. It isn't just 1 person's fault that we lose. Everyone has to contribute something to win a game. We do get a lot of really good players, and I do listen to what they have to say, but what I had today was not a good day, because I was livestreaming the match on my channel. I got a lot of people mad at the guy who thought he knew it all.
     I do apologize if you do not like topics like these, but I'm not a person that likes to keep quiet. Now, as I said, I'm not the best player, but I'm still learning as i go. If you see me in game, I would appreciate some suggestions on what to do with the ship I'm playing. Thank you for your comments and feedback, now back to your battle stations, Sailor :-)

Sheesh, everyone. So picky... Well this is what I came up with

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for you. Hopefully you don't end up on the enemy team^^. I don't know what tiers I'm going to be keeping around though, so that'll be interesting

Edited by Xannari
  • Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Got called stupid last week for turning my broadside to a cruiser when the if I'd angled to the cruiser I'd have showed broadside to a North Carolina instead. I'm in an Izumo. I have to bow-on the greatest threat. I know a high tier cruiser can also cit me and that's not great but a NC would be much worse. 

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,651 battles

In my experience, people who complain about "know it alls" are usually people who know very little and disgustingly often take pride in their ignorance.

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
25,411 battles

LordViper90 you can always put in a support ticket with evidence if any player bothers you to the extent you feel you must post such as this.

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,651 battles

Got called stupid last week for turning my broadside to a cruiser when the if I'd angled to the cruiser I'd have showed broadside to a North Carolina instead. I'm in an Izumo. I have to bow-on the greatest threat. I know a high tier cruiser can also cit me and that's not great but a NC would be much worse. 

When you're being attacked from multiple angles, you often can't avoid showing a broadside to someone.  In fact, I'd have probably said as much in a response to someone calling you out on it.

Members
3,594 posts
7,435 battles

Yeah nothing you can do for some players who have a mind of their own and not follow any advice from others. Whenever I play and see one lone ship probably going head to head with 2 BB's and 2 CA's I tell him to get his butt back as his game will be REAL SHORT!   Most of the time they realize that they are leading a pack of ghost ships as they did not check from behind. On the other hand..they ignore you so at least you tried.

It's just one of those things...you like to play as a team for the most part but there are times everyone is kinda a lone wolf and it can't be helped.  Remember again the duration is only at the max 20 min and then it starts all over again.

Members
20 posts
1,999 battles

As i said above, i listen to the feedback good or bad i know im a shitter but i do have good games and bad

Im not saying everyone is crap some do need improvement but alot of people need manners on the game since kids do play 

Members
20 posts
1,999 battles

Learn to play you wont have to deal with it

Not that i dont report them just i dont see the point

Edited by LordViper90

Members
20 posts
1,999 battles

LordViper90 you can always put in a support ticket with evidence if any player bothers you to the extent you feel you must post such as this.

Not that i dont report them just i dont see the point

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,651 battles

I had a game yesterday on Fault Line. One of my teammates took his battleship down the 9-10 line alone. He quickly ran into a couple of enemy cruisers. He immediately began screaming for help. 

Now, I could tell he was dead meat. The nearest friendly ship was just too far away to do anything. So I told the team: "Leave him. Don't get sunk trying to help him". Well, as you can expect, he didn't like that. I calmly proposed that taking a bb alone ANYWHERE is a bad idea. But honestly, doing that down the tight confines of that strait on Fault Line actually borders outright stupidity. 

The point is, some people learn from their mistakes. Most don't. Sure, unsolicited feedback can be annoying. But it's still feedback. YOU have the power to look at that feedback and take whatever positives from it that can be found. Or don't. No one really cares. The only person that can lose is you.

There are always foolish BB drivers and probably always will be.  When it's clear that no one's going to go their way, I often beg them to turn around.  Some actually do, but too many don't.

Members
740 posts
9,789 battles

I think I understand what Lord_Viper is saying, (the translation helped a lot).  I really don't mind some helpful advise, in fact if there were more of it I'd probably be a better player than I am now.  But guys ranting and raving about my playing get the proverbial deaf ear.  But for every rant and raver there is at least one or more considerate players who realize that I am a newb and am still learning the finer points of the game. 

Take yesterday for example.  For the first time since I started playing I went pink.  My shame went beyond words to describe it.  It was all my fault.  Because of my lack of "situational awareness" I unleashed a full broadside of HE from my Wyoming into an already damaged teammate and as a result he burned to the waterline.

Not only am I a Baby Seal, but now I'm a Teamkiller as well.  I was horrified.  I apologized immediately and instead of a rant or a string of profanities or a rant AND a string of profanities he just said, "I know."  Which really only made me feel worse because he wasn't an [edited]-hat.  If he had gone on a tirade against me, (as he was entitled to I guess, based on how I've seen others react to similar situations), I'd have just chocked it up to experience and moved on. But he didn't and I will always remember and respect that.

My point is that his being a decent guy is going to make me try that much harder to NEVER do such a thing again.  Decency and understanding that all of us are human and make mistakes, sometimes careless ones, may not work for everyone, but it works wonders for me.

Members
383 posts

There better since everyone has become an English teacher as well as the grammar police over night.

They're better....overnight.

Just busting your chops for fun. Just fight the ships and blow the other players off who offend you. Yes, I know it's hard.

Members
1,699 posts
9,031 battles

There better since everyone has become an English teacher as well as the grammar police over night.

:tea_cap:I apologize for the way they respond to your post...Just ignore it.

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

geesh! so many grammar police!   never seen so many Cracker Jacks rewarded tin badges in one thread.  OP, just remember, there are many 'Pro' [edited], and very few semi good players, just play your game, enjoy it and don't let all the wanna bes ruin your gaming experience.

[NO]
Members
376 posts
21,706 battles

I rather they keep it up though....

1)If I find their advice useless, their justification were all something I have alrdy tried or thought of, or that they plainly don't know what they are talking about.......I ignore them.

2) if they make sense I change. Since the first part of improving is to realise I have a problem I need people to point out problems I don't realise

Players should not be afraid to voice their opinion. It helps all people.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,387 posts
29,449 battles

My one, and only one, complaint, is Battleships that refuse to push a cap.

If you have destroyers and cruisers pushing a cap, DO NOT sit 20 km. Back in "support". Your job is to tank damage while they try to cap and scout.

I have seen too many times battleships sitting 14 km from a cleared cap watching as the enemy gets all 3 cap points. If they are down in one area, for God's sake CAP.

You cannot magically erase a 400 point deficit by letting them take A, and not moving into C.

I understand repair costs can be high, but winning will usually help counter the cost.

Too many times I've seen end screens with 4 top tier Battleships alive vs 2 cruisers loose simply because they prefer to snipe...