You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RE_MARQ

Smoke delay: bug? or working as intended?

7 comments in this topic

Members
120 posts
6,376 battles

So I've encountered severe lag on the order of 3-4 seconds before smoke deploys.  I mash the button and yet the charge is not used or deployed for several seconds.  Annoying as hell, is that new since the recent patch or has this always been the case?

Thanks!

[NO2BB]
[NO2BB]
Beta Testers
541 posts
11,967 battles

There is a 2 second delay before it starts dispersing smoke.

Smokescreen mechanics are more stable and predictable:
  • The Smokescreen will start two seconds after the consumable is activated. We've also eliminated many unpleasant situations regarding sighting ships when setting smoke, which resulted in ships "blinking" while setting the screen

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-059/

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

Intended mechanic as the person above has stated. Debatable whether or not it should be changed. On the one hand for the first 2 seconds after losing a MASSIVE SHIP you kinda have a pretty good idea of exactly where it's going to be. It's not like a car.. you're in the water and you have so much mass that you're not stopping any time soon and you turn slowly. On the other hand, this is an arcade game and gameplay comes first and quite frankly it's extremely frustrating. What I just said could apply even without actually being shown the position of someone in smoke. Leave the guesswork to the captains to take potshots and give the poor destroyer a chance.

I'm personally on the fence and don't lean one way or the other, that's just how I see either side of the potential discussion and they're both plenty viable arguments for and against in my opinion.

[PISD]
Beta Testers
594 posts
35,242 battles

I wish it were longer... So sick and tired of being outgunned by DDs in my BBs because.. POP SMOKE AND GUGUGUGGUGUGUUGUGGUUGGUUGUGGUUGU

...setting fires... setting more fires... oh, and setting more fires.

Edited by Schlachtschiff_Gneisenau

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

Oh, that's what is going on. Was wondering.

I wish it were longer... So sick and tired of being outgunned by DDs in my BBs because.. POP SMOKE AND GUGUGUGGUGUGUUGUGGUUGGUUGUGGUUGU

...setting fires... setting more fires... oh, and setting more fires.

Not outgunned, outsmarted. The truth of the situation, mean to say or not.
  • Cool 1

Members
869 posts
9,489 battles

Shoot where the tracers start in the smoke. Quite often, they've stopped cold to pour the shells onto you.

[DOW]
Beta Testers
1,315 posts
18,783 battles

Shoot where the tracers start in the smoke. Quite often, they've stopped cold to pour the shells onto you.

LOL