You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JervisBay

I own WG.....or am at least a major share-holder!

70 comments in this topic

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

Two accounts...one on NA and one on SEA.

Since 15 December 2015, when I bought my first Premium pack (on the SEA server) to date (23 Aug 2016) I have spent a total - that's on both accounts - of.............

AUS$1,904.68  :amazed:

That surprised me!

Oh well........cheaper than gambling it away and certainly less expensive than some of my other interests. :)

Edited by JervisBay

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,839 battles

What is the SEA server, if you mind explaining..?

(S)OUTH (E)AST (A)SIA Server/Region.

Different than the server cluster this forum is for (NA).

There is also an "EU" server/region.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Just checked my PayPal statements and I'm at $700 (USD) since WoWs CBT. Puts it in perspective, doesn't it :)

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

You are rich

No...not at all but I am retired with a pretty comfortable income from superannuation and a lot of leisure time which allows me to follow my hobbies/interests.

Problem is, WoWs has become addictive!! :D

• Cool 1

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

Just checked my PayPal statements and I'm at $700 (USD) since WoWs CBT. Puts it in perspective, doesn't it :)

Certainly does, Dennis. :)

My expenditure works out at about $211 per month to date....and that's less than some of my acquaintances spend on their "interests".......most of which involve poker (slot) machines, horse-racing, drinking and smoking.

I don't smoke, buy a lottery ticket occasionally and have a glass or two of wine with my evening meal, so consider myself fortunate.

It's all relative, I suppose.

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

You should use your power as a shareholder to suggest changing detonations. :trollface:

Also some serious questions. Firstly- it's cool to have an account in both regions? I'm gonna ask an admin one way or another because I have a friend over there and I know transfers (unfortunately) are not possible so I had been considering looking into it. Second question is: in chat do people often use English or primarily the languages native to asia? Being able to communicate is good in a team game so it'd be good to know before really thinking about it more if that would be a limitation.

[AA-DS]
Members
979 posts

You should use your power as a shareholder to suggest changing detonations. :trollface:

Also some serious questions. Firstly- it's cool to have an account in both regions? I'm gonna ask an admin one way or another because I have a friend over there and I know transfers (unfortunately) are not possible so I had been considering looking into it. Second question is: in chat do people often use English or primarily the languages native to asia? Being able to communicate is good in a team game so it'd be good to know before really thinking about it more if that would be a limitation.

I also have an SEA account and one of the reasons I don't play it anymore is the language barrier, hardly ever any English in the games I played. I have a Gremy on SEA which is my most played ship, it's true what they say Gremy is a little terror.

I've also spent too much on this game, oh well it's a hobby also.

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

Then there is absolutely no excuse for you NOT going all in and buying me a Tirpitz.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,054 posts
8,279 battles

I believe I've spent over $1,600 on this game already, could be wrong and it could be higher, but sadly I can't remember but what I DO know in the least I've spent over (AT LEAST) $1,300 on the game. But hey, what can I say, I got a job and if WG gets me what I want, I'll be gladly spend my $ and give it to them on what I really want. :teethhappy:

I just don't like earning in game rather than spending bcuz I don't have time doing the earning missions since I can rather just spend and then.....oh hey, I got it and got what I wanted. And I don't need to do the mission in the end and do something else important. I mean after all, WG IS a company that CARES for MONEY in the end. :yes_cap:

[AXANR]
Beta Testers
6 posts
6,205 battles

Well you've got me beat, Between warships and tanks, I think i'm down around $500us and a lot of that was just premium time and gold

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

I initially joined the South-East Asia (SEA) server because of its proximity to Oz but found the language barrier difficult to cope with.

This is compounded by the fact of [a] the vast number of different languages and dialects covered by the SEA region and the fact that English is not a first language for any country other than Australia and New Zealand.

The Catch 22 is that although many of the members can speak English, just as many can neither read nor write English and when their keyboard is set up for maybe Thai, Japanese, Mandarin, Indonesian, etc....well, the problem is amplified.

Chat is almost non-existent unless you come across an English-speaking Asian resident or an Aussie/Kiwi.

The good side is that there are very few distractions with the chat bar and negligible verbal aggravation.

So I opened an account on the NA server, expecting the ping/lag to be unworkable but to my pleasant surprise it is almost identical (98 - 105) with that of the SEA server. Perhaps my location - on the east-cost of Australia - helps.

I now use the NA server more than the SEA server but I get the best of both worlds because even though I play 90%+ Co-op I can get onto a server at a time when there are more humans than bots on my team.

Edited by JervisBay

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

Well I feel jealous being a student... Damn, $1000+ O.o

Don't be.

I'd give my right testicle to be a student again.

Please don't be envious of those older than you because one thing is for sure - one day you'll be there too.

[SPTR]
Members
20,155 posts
6,159 battles

Don't be.

I'd give my right testicle to be a student again.

Please don't be envious of those older than you because one thing is for sure - one day you'll be there too.

That's not when you are an Asian student :hiding: free ship? :P

[CRAKR]
Members
59 posts

I'm retired from two jobs...20 year military and 20 years as a teamster/owner operator and for something to do, I work part time for a friends Harley Davidson dealership building new bikes from out of the crates.

All my kids are grown and making careers in the military...1 is Army Inf. 2 are Marine Inf, another is a Marine tanker and my oldest is a retired Marine...

My wife of 45 years works for Mayo Clinic so money is definitely no problem.

Life is good here in Florida!

• Cool 2

Members
1,138 posts
7,247 battles

Maybe we should buy WG stocks, they are a public company (although can't seem to find their code on any exchange)...

After all, as shareholders, we have far more of a say than "as players".

Presuming as the player base we can buy that many shares...

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

Maybe we should buy WG stocks, they are a public company (although can't seem to find their code on any exchange)....

No, they are not. They are a privately held entity. What's more, their stocks can't be sold on any stock exchange on earth now because they were kicked off the Cyprus stock exchange for failure to file financial statements and violation of EU regulations.