You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Doomlock

Color Pics of Yamashiro. (Image Heavy)

7 comments in this topic

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Hi Guys!

Here's part 2 of the Fusō-class, Yamashiro!

As is the usual the pics can be found here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/irootoko_jr/

Let's get this show on the sea! (Get this show on the road)

2VJvu13.jpgWe start early in Yamashiro's life on May 9, 1917 as she's testing her anti torpedo nets at Yokosuka Naval Yard.

uqXCYwC.jpgNot to be outdone by her sister, here's Yamashiro in 1917 at anchor letting her sailors catch some Vitamin D.

5rxdykm.jpgWe jump to December 14, 1934, after her second reconstruction where we sea Yamashiro on sea trials at Tateyama.

4BYfY2X.jpgYamashiro going the other way.

avii18y.jpgYamashiro in profile showing off her pagoda and overall structure.

VxZfkTM.jpg

A pic from summer 1943 or 44 looking up through the barrels of the number 1 gun turret at the bridge pagoda. These were the Vickers 14 inch/45 caliber naval guns.

Er92qJz.jpgA sailor cleaning the barrels of a 12.7 cm/40 caliber Type 89 dual purpose gun mount on Yamashiro.

gTsmSu2.jpgA picture of a dual Type 96 25mm AT/AA gun mount on Yamashiro. 1943.

isYUN1c.jpgSailors scrubbing the decks of Yamashiro, 1943.

And there you have it! Ise-class will go up tomorrow.

Fair winds and following seas captains! :honoring:

Edited by Doomlock
  • Cool 5

[VF-10]
[VF-10]
Beta Testers
118 posts
4,330 battles

Nice. These are some awesome pictures. 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,676 battles

Interesting, I never noticed that in the second major refit, Fuso's #3 turret got turned around to face forwards, but Yamashiro's #3 stayed with the original 'rest' position facing aft...

[HINON]
[HINON]
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Interesting, I never noticed that in the second major refit, Fuso's #3 turret got turned around to face forwards, but Yamashiro's #3 stayed with the original 'rest' position facing aft...

It has to do with the rear of the bridge structure, I direct you to dseehafer's What's-the-Difference Fuso-class to see it in greater detail.

Members
6,587 posts
8,564 battles

Er92qJz.jpgA sailor cleaning the barrels of a 12.7 cm/40 caliber Type 89 dual purpose gun mount on Yamashiro.

Wow. This really puts it into perspective of how big the IJN 127mm AA guns were. Same goes for the photo looking up at the pagoda tower through the barrels of the #1 turret.

I've never personally seen 14" or 16" guns up close(or even 6" naval cannons, let alone), so seeing these photos really does help to visualize and fathom just how large these steel behemoths were.

Cool pics OP!(you're probably going to take all my upvotes for today :teethhappy:)

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[HINON]
[HINON]
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Wow. This really puts it into perspective of how big the IJN 127mm AA guns were. Same goes for the photo looking up at the pagoda tower through the barrels of the #1 turret.

I've never personally seen 14" or 16" guns up close(or even 6" naval cannons, let alone), so seeing these photos really does help to visualize and fathom just how large these steel behemoths were.

Cool pics OP!(you're probably going to take all my upvotes for today :teethhappy:)

Here's a 16 inch turret perspective for you:

dj9jja9.jpg

That is Wisconsin's aft 16 inch gun turret.

• Cool 1