dseehafer

Size Comparison: Tier 10 Cruisers

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

28 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

Now that the RN cruisers are finally up on GM3D we can begin our tier by tier look at the in game cruisers. We shall be starting with the tier 10s and working our way down. Unfortunately, for whatever reason Buffalo and Worcester refused to render in their entirety so they are not included. When and if their models get fixed they will be added to the list.

Moskva

Hindenburg

Zao

Des Moines

Minotaur

Tba3AXu.png

If you wish to see the other size comparisons I've done, they can all be found at the bottom of this thread - http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/64717-the-complete-whats-the-difference-and-size-comparison-series/

Edited by dseehafer

British tea drinking ninjas are coming.

Embrace the flaming crumpets as they rain down from invisibility upon your Yamato. Edited by SergeantHop

Embrace the flaming crumpets as they rain down from invisibility upon your Yamato.

Until you realize they are a mix of Atlanta and Flint, with a hint of Cleveland

+Excellent concealment

+Excellent RoF

+Lots of good torps

-No armor

-Poor shell arcs

Edited by MrDeaf

+Excellent concealment

+Excellent RoF

+Lots of good torps

-No armor

-Poor shell arcs

The RN cruisers have thicker armor than the German and Russian cruisers and their rof isnt impressive until you get to tier 7. Edited by dseehafer

The RN cruisers have thicker armor than the German and Russian cruisers and their rof isnt impressive until you get to tier 7.

I meant the minotaur.

Minotaur is a SHAM, FOLLY, PHONEY,  MADE UP, Replace it, Fake Ship. Booo. There are so many real historical, small Battle Cruisers that can fill that slot.:red_button:

Minotaur is a SHAM, FOLLY, PHONEY,  MADE UP, Replace it, Fake Ship. Booo. There are so many real historical, small Battle Cruisers that can fill that slot.:red_button:

It's not made up....

I meant the minotaur.

Ah, "I see", said the blind man. My apologies for the misunderstanding.  

The RN cruisers have thicker armor than the German and Russian cruisers and their rof isnt impressive until you get to tier 7.

I don't know about T7-T8 either, they should be similar to the Schors/Chapayev in ROF (Navweaps RN 6in/50 Mk. XXIII @ 6-8 rpm, vs. RU CL 7.5 RPM in-game).

Of course that makes it average for CL's and they could get a buff. The Russians have a big ballistics advantage.

T9 with 12 RPM gets interesting.

+Excellent concealment

+Excellent RoF

+Lots of good torps

-No armor

-Poor shell arcs

Good thing I both love and am quite good with the Atlanta.

You also forget one thing the Minotaur will have, that the Atlanta lacks. Range. I believe it was said to be somewhere in the upper parts of the 15km range, which can then be improved with the module. I think it will be quite the flamethrower.

Edited by SergeantHop

Good thing I both love and am quite good with the Atlanta.

You also forget one thing the Minotaur will have, that the Atlanta lacks. Range. I believe it was said to be somewhere in the upper parts of the 15km range, which can then be improved with the module. I think it will be quite the flamethrower.

Have you played Cleveland w/ AFT, back when AFT gave it a range increase?

The shell arcs are going to be very similar on Minotaur's guns.

Cleveland at 15km was like playing Atlanta at 12km

Cleveland at 16km was like playing Atlanta at maximum range.

Well, unless the guns are buffed to 808mps, as they were originally intended, versus the 768mps as used IRL.

Edited by MrDeaf

Have you played Cleveland w/ AFT, back when AFT gave it a range increase?

The shell arcs are going to be very similar on Minotaur's guns.

Cleveland at 15km was like playing Atlanta at 12km

Cleveland at 16km was like playing Atlanta at maximum range.

Well, unless the guns are buffed to 808mps, as they were originally intended, versus the 768mps as used IRL.

That's all fine and dandy, but when used against a Yamato sitting still at 17km, I don't think it would be much of an issue. It'll be another counter to the lame bow on meta.

Wrong.

You're wrong too.

It is Design Z4Ahttp://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/91688-clearing-up-what-the-british-minotaur-is/page__p__2238500#entry2238500

That's all fine and dandy, but when used against a Yamato sitting still at 17km, I don't think it would be much of an issue. It'll be another counter to the lame bow on meta.

All cruisers are capable of that, however.

Zao and Moskva get a somewhat easier time doing it, since those shells fly so flat.

So 100% awesome? 

hey, if you like the playstyle of Atlanta, then sure.,

I knew it! I knew that Worcester would be the US tier 10 CL!

UK t10 look so...UGLY! NOT A PRETTY GIRL

The tier 9 is worse and I dont like Edinburgh's rear mounted funnels, but the tiers 1-7 look very nice indeed.

Edited by dseehafer

Belfast will probably be released before the tech tree ships. Not sure it's a good thing or bad thing to have smoke instead of defensive fire on cruisers. Maybe we'll get a feel with that first.

Minotaur is surprisingly tubby really (yes I know its light, just didn't think it'd be so wide for its length), should be good for turning radius (which will be needed being weaker armored/lower hitpoints)