You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Doomlock

Color Pics of Musashi. (Image heavy)

9 comments in this topic

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Hi all!

Here's part 2 of the Yamato-class, Musashi.

As always the pics can be found here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/irootoko_jr/

Let's get started shall we?

EaCGTwz.jpgNext we see Musashi on sea trials in 1942. This shot gives a great view of the forward two 46 cm gun turrets, the forward 15.5 cm gun turret, and her pagoda.

5ATvnRX.jpgThe reverse of the previous shot, probably taken from the balconies just above and flanking the bridge, looking forward towards the bow over the secondary and main gun turrets. June-July 1942.

Yo5NxXJ.jpg

Still on sea trials we get an excellent shot of Musashi's pagoda structure, the rangefinders on the main turrets, and some of the AA mounts on the right. Note, looking at the bridge windows, look right and slightly up, that platform on the opposite side is where the previous pic was taken (I think).

And there we have it! I know it was short but blame the forum picture post limit. Next up is the Fusō-class, so keep an eye out!

Fair winds and following seas captains! :honoring:

• Cool 7

[HINON]
[HINON]
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Post fixed.

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Everything twice?

edit: ninja fixed

Edited by Nuk_

Beta Testers
586 posts
1,001 battles

You just don't appreciate the sheer size of these ships until you see its crew on it. Thank you for sharing!

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

Look up aerial reconnaissance photos by the USN.   They won't be in color, but I've seen a few blow-ups of the Shinano when it was disguised as an island.

[MEIST]
Members
1,651 posts
6,766 battles
I really like the 3rd picture down. To see the design of it. The architecture of it looking a little sci-fi to me. Cool pictures, thanks.

[HINON]
[HINON]
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Look up aerial reconnaissance photos by the USN.   They won't be in color, but I've seen a few blow-ups of the Shinano when it was disguised as an island.

On 19 November 1944, Shinano was formally commissioned at Yokosuka, having spent the previous two weeks fitting out and performing sea trials. Worried about her safety after a U.S. reconnaissance bomber fly-over, the Navy General Staff ordered Shinano to depart for Kure by no later than 28 November, where the remainder of her fitting-out would take place. -taken from Wikipedia.

I saw the pic, there was a literal one month window for them to see her.

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,108 battles

You just don't appreciate the sheer size of these ships until you see its crew on it. Thank you for sharing!

The overpressure must feel like a sledge hammer. 

Members
368 posts
1,545 battles

I know right....