Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mick7787

FML Ranger

Ranger  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Buff HP or Speed

• HP of Aircraft
    • Speed of Aircraft
    • Nerf because it's so bad it won't make a difference

12 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
3,286 battles

Okay, Iv'e just bashed my head with a brick because I had a game in the ranger where i dealt 9. something k dmg and I wasn't in the 2/0/2 load out.  I need to ask a question to keep my sanity.  How on earth do you play the ranger effectively because I'm about to murder the next Fighter Carrier.  Yes, some of my game play is quiet poor from torp drops to targets and i would like someone to give me a recent replay of you tube video of how to play it because it's just painful.

I know that the Ranger is out performed by all carriers equal and higher tier and I really don't want to result to the fighter load out.  As you might be able to tell, I'm quiet steamed so for a random man on the forums sanity, please help me. :(

Link to my Replay : http://wowreplays.com/Replay/14738

[SCCC]
Members
715 posts
22,118 battles

Live with it cause WG wont buff it. It's the tier where you will need to learn how to play as a balance loadout which wont get you anywhere  or a strike loadout and avoid and out manuver fighters. Or you can go for the AS loadout where you'll greive about how you get crapEXP.

Beta Testers
318 posts
11,933 battles

When I was playing through the ranger I just prayed that the enemy CV was a terrible player. Basically against a fighter load all you can really do is bait their fighters away or into AA. Patients are required. It was a terrible ship.

Beta Testers
63 posts
11,810 battles

Okay, Iv'e just bashed my head with a brick because I had a game in the ranger where i dealt 9. something k dmg and I wasn't in the 2/0/2 load out.  I need to ask a question to keep my sanity.  How on earth do you play the ranger effectively because I'm about to murder the next Fighter Carrier.  Yes, some of my game play is quiet poor from torp drops to targets and i would like someone to give me a recent replay of you tube video of how to play it because it's just painful.

I know that the Ranger is out performed by all carriers equal and higher tier and I really don't want to result to the fighter load out.  As you might be able to tell, I'm quiet steamed so for a random man on the forums sanity, please help me. :(

Link to my Replay : http://wowreplays.com/Replay/14738

Man, I am a MASSIVE ranger fan. You gotta give that thing more practice and a chance. I choose bomber loadout every time and love it

Members
2,334 posts
6,897 battles

Sometimes I do not under stand CV players. There I am driving an Atlanta when I see a friendly fighter group go by me with torp bombers. They get jumped by 2 enemy fighter groups and instead of turning and flying over me so my AA can obliterate the enemy  they stop and get killed. :look:use the ships around you as defensive weapons.

Edited by Raven114
  • Cool 1

[BANG]
Members
166 posts
5,852 battles

Sometimes I do not under stand CV players. There I am driving an Atlanta when I see a friendly fighter group go by me with torp bombers. They get jumped by 2 enemy fighter groups and instead of turning and flying over me so my AA can obliterate the enemy  they stop and get killed. :look:use the ships around you as defensive weapons.

I had the same experience with Atlanta's (not yours, probably someone else's).  I was in a New Mexico and this Atlanta on my team rushed ahead and got murdered by a Fuso leaving me to deal with the said Fuso as well as a Hiryu who basically made it his mission to sink me. That was very unpleasant.

WoWS is a team game and the worst teammates are the ones that think they can win all by themselves.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

Go strike and you will get away from Ranger quicker...not that things look any less grim up above, in fact, it gets worse.

Deal lots of damage, get paid more, let other ships operate better, they can take care of themselves for the most part against air attacks.

Members
17 posts
3,286 battles

Man, I am a MASSIVE ranger fan. You gotta give that thing more practice and a chance. I choose bomber loadout every time and love it

Teach me your ways

Members
738 posts
6,483 battles

In my experience, Stock Ranger was the most effective Ranger. Strike is OK if you get good MM and a bad enemy CV player, but it is not really viable until Lexington with 1000 lb bombers and 92+ AA ship rating. 

Members
56 posts
5,149 battles

Best advice I can give you is to just stop the USN CV grind now.  Gets worse with Lex.  You can do some damage with strike loadout, but Shokaku is superior in every way.  Unless you like the mind numbing boringness of AS layout, just start on IJN CVs.

Balanced Lex loadout actually used to be decent.  It had 2/1/1.  Then, for some reason unbeknownst to everyone, WG removed an entire fighter group.  Now its balanced loadout is 1/1/1... which has got to be some sort of a joke at tier 8.  Shokaku can go 2/2/2 or 3/1/2.  Either of which will wipe the floor with the Lex.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,964 battles

Ranger is an auto-loss against a competent Hiryu or Saipan player, sorry. All you can do is pick strike and hope the other carrier isn't any good so you can farm his team for XP to get out of that horrible matchup.

Sign in to follow this