Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
1nv4d3rZ1m

WG wont be unifying gold between games.

23 comments in this topic

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

EU Developer Q&A confirms:

FischWill there be unified Premium Accounts (currency and time) for all Wargaming games?

A: We already have unified Premium Accounts for our PC “World of” titles, so all fans of these games can purchase Premium Account safe in the knowledge that the amount is shared between them. As for the in-game currency, we have considered it, but it is difficult to introduce unified currencies in different MMO projects because they all have different life cycles and economies, so for the time being we plan to keep these separate.

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/gamescom/gamescom-2016-summary/#developers

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

that sounds more like they have or are going to unify accounts for World of Tanks/Warplanes/Warships and just not... other stuff like Master of Orion.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

It is what I have been thinking and sometimes saying ; the economy of WoWs is just to different to make gold/doubloons equal and thus shared between WoWs and WoT/WoWp ( gold converts to 400 credits in WoT/WoWp but doubloons convert to 1,500 credits ) .

Edited by Chien_Lu_Anderman

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

So we still have to buy WoT gold to change our names?

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

So we still have to buy WoT gold to change our names?

Oh geez I had not thought of that complication ; wow .

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

that sounds more like they have or are going to unify accounts for World of Tanks/Warplanes/Warships and just not... other stuff like Master of Orion.

Gold was unified in warplanes a long time ago.

I think the point was they are not going to be unifying premium currency (i.e. gold) across games in the near future. Premium accounts is unified already but it seems just premium time spans multiple games.  

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

Gold was unified in warplanes a long time ago.

I think the point was they are not going to be unifying premium currency (i.e. gold) across games in the near future. Premium accounts is unified already but it seems just premium time spans multiple games.  

Oh I see now. they unified Tanks with Warplanes and consider that "done", and Warships just isn't gonna happen by the sound of it.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

The question is vague and it received a vague response as a result ("all Wargaming games" implies all of Wargaming's collection, including Masters of Orion, Order of War, etc.). The in-game currency is not going to be unified for the "World of" series. Gold is considered an in-game currency?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Have never played WOT. But if what I've read is true, and Clan wars reward with gold, then considering how long that game has been going, there are likely to be stupid stockpiles of gold there. Since WG likes your money, it seems unlikely they will unify, simply to keep all that free gold out of WOWS. 

Edited by awiggin

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,286 posts
23,608 battles
"so for the time being we plan to keep these separate"

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

"so for the time being we plan to keep these separate"

I think the issue is less "It hasn't happened yet" and more "They keep saying they'll do it and then not doing it".

Beta Testers
2,196 posts

I don't think I would interpret that answer to mean they aren't unifying gold. The answer sounds more like they wont be unifying credits ("different economies"). Gold and doubloons have a similar price, right? Would be nice if we had some clarification on that though. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,726 posts
14,864 battles

It never really made sense that they would. Too much gold floating around in WoT to inject it into WoWs without WG losing out on a decent amount of $$.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

It is what I have been thinking and sometimes saying ; the economy of WoWs is just to different to make gold/doubloons equal and thus shared between WoWs and WoT/WoWp ( gold converts to 400 credits in WoT/WoWp but doubloons convert to 1,500 credits ) .

That has absolutely nothing to do with gold/doubloon value.  They cost the same between games.  Premium ships are also priced about the same in Ships and Tanks, gold/doubloon wise.  That only has to do with credit value.

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are many that I know of personally, that will not join this game simply because they are not able to have unified Gold between here and WOT.  WG is truly missing out by not making it unified, there are those that simply hate the idea of supporting two different games through the purchases of items separately, if unified, while it may technically be the same, it would feel different to them.  Psychology 101.

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

I don't think I would interpret that answer to mean they aren't unifying gold. The answer sounds more like they wont be unifying credits ("different economies"). Gold and doubloons have a similar price, right? Would be nice if we had some clarification on that though. 

It's this, gold is not ingame currency, it's very specific. The guy answering likely misinterpreted the question and thought "credits" not "gold" cause yeah, a tier 10 tank cost about as much as a tier 5 ship.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are many that I know of personally, that will not join this game simply because they are not able to have unified Gold between here and WOT.  WG is truly missing out by not making it unified, there are those that simply hate the idea of supporting two different games through the purchases of items separately, if unified, while it may technically be the same, it would feel different to them.  Psychology 101.

I don't want these people to buy T8 premiums on day one and then free-XP to T10 in a hurry just because they can do these things. A lot of folks have piles of gold on WoT from tournaments but that in no way makes them qualified to be jumping into high tiers in WoWs, so why encourage it? I do realize they can pay and do the same anyway, but according to you they won't, so there's that.
  • Cool 1

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

I'll be happy if they keep WOT gold in WOT.

I agree but it still irks me that we have to buy gold from one game to use a service that should be provided in another game 

Beta Testers
586 posts
1,001 battles

$51 buys you either 12,000 gold in WoT or 12,000 doubloons in WoWs ... there is no reason for them not to let us use them across all their games!

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

I can already say premium time is already unified.  Played on tanks a while back while I had bought premium time in ships, it showed up in tanks so, that's unified.

Far as currency, I am not shocked at all it's not being unified. 

Members
800 posts
7,359 battles

Now what about allowing name changes using doubloons? And also make the thing cheaper, the price is ridiculous for such a simple action that should generate no costs to WG.

Sign in to follow this