You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legion_2015

When will the Saipan return to NA server?

21 comments in this topic

[1-]
Beta Testers
49 posts
22,788 battles

I missed this ship sale earlier this year. I was wondering if anyone knew when it would comeback to the NA server.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,635 battles

Soon™

lol, yes...

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

None of us know when premium ships will return, some educated guesses though would include possibly Black Friday, or around Christmas. It is possible that WOWS anniversary might include some ships but hard to say.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Hopefully never. Full nine bomber squad of tier 9 bombers, at tier 7? Reeks of balance.

Edited by goldeagle1123

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,659 battles

Hopefully never. Full seven bomber squad of tier 9 bombers, at tier 7? Reeks of balance.

8 bombers...9 with the T5 captain skill. And 3 squadrons of 4 plane fighter groups. It's a fun little ship to play :trollface:

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

8 bombers...9 with the T5 captain skill. And 3 squadrons of 4 plane fighter groups. It's a fun little ship to play :trollface:

"Lets basically make it a T7 IJN CV... but with tier 9 planes, that's fair." Nice one devs.

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

"Lets basically make it a T7 IJN CV... but with tier 9 planes, that's fair." Nice one devs.

Sure it has a 9 DB squad, but it does take a lot longer to arm than the TBs & there's only around 10 planes in reserve. Now imagine someone derping their DBs into strong AA or fighters, there goes all offensive power you have.

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

Yea, the Saipan isn't that bad honestly. It's nice having 1 good American CV out of 7.

• Cool 1

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Sure it has a 9 DB squad, but it does take a lot longer to arm than the TBs & there's only around 10 planes in reserve. Now imagine someone derping their DBs into strong AA or fighters, there goes all offensive power you have.

So it has 3 4 plane fighter squads, and essentially 2 DB squads combined into 1. That equals 5 squads total, one short of the Hiryu. The catch? Same planes as Essex. Again. nice one devs. And it damn well better only have one reload, lol.

[FLGUY]
Members
71 posts

Mine has a Captain with 16 points, one you get that extra plane per squad the fun really begins.

She wil NOT win the battle, but her fighters will frustrate the other CV drivers, and she tends to be underestimated by opponents. Don't get me wrong, I still get plowed by really good IJN carrier drivers, but if you use what you have, you can protect your teammates from constant bombing-torpedo strikes. In addition, she has a relatively small dectability profile and the speed to move out of potential traps.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

Hopefully never. Full nine bomber squad of tier 9 bombers, at tier 7? Reeks of balance.

That's with the Air Superiority captain skill which pretty much every CV captain recognizes as needing to be removed as it provides far too much power.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

Yeah, one DB squadron with no manual aiming is soooooo powerful :trollface:

She wil NOT win the battle

lolwut? I carry almost every battle my Saipan is in (average: 76k damage, 1.6 sunk ships, 28 shot down airplanes). They key is using the 2/2 loadout, 3/1 sucks.

The ship is borderline P2W if you're semi-proficient with carriers.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Yeah, one DB squadron with no manual aiming is soooooo powerful :trollface:

lolwut? I carry almost every battle my Saipan is in (average: 76k damage, 1.6 sunk ships, 28 shot down airplanes). They key is using the 2/2 loadout, 3/1 sucks.

The ship is borderline P2W if you're semi-proficient with carriers.

Wow, misleading much? Saipain gets freaking manual drop accuracy with it's auto-aim. Now THAT is pay to win.

[-K--]
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

Saipain gets freaking manual drop accuracy with it's auto-aim.

For one squadron, with no ability to apply dot by yourself unless you're right next to your target. And I am not sure whether Saipan auto drop circle is the same size as manual; has anybody done tests to confirm this?

I can only repeat -- 3/1 loadout is extremely suboptimal. No idea why people even use it, besides the novelty factor of having a super DB squadron.

PS Oh, you don't even own a Saipan (or any USN CV for that matter). Well, that was not unexpected.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

For one squadron, with no ability to apply dot by yourself unless you're right next to your target. And I am not sure whether Saipan auto drop circle is the same size as manual; has anybody done tests to confirm this?

I can only repeat -- 3/1 loadout is extremely suboptimal. No idea why people even use it, besides the novelty factor of having a super DB squadron.

It may not be optimal, but it's far from bad. You get total air dominance whilst having a squad of TIE Bombers that will whack BBs for 5k HP, Drop a cruiser HP by 1/3, and I've straight up seen DDs get one shotted by it. This is all whilst being set on fire as well, and having the HP and speed of T9 planes.

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

For one squadron, with no ability to apply dot by yourself unless you're right next to your target. And I am not sure whether Saipan auto drop circle is the same size as manual; has anybody done tests to confirm this?

PS Oh, you don't even own a Saipan (or any USN CV for that matter). Well, that was not unexpected.

To clear this up yes a Saipan auto drop is the same size as the manual drop, as in the smaller circle. Considering you lack the ability to stack fires & the reload takes ages it better be more accurate than 2 bomb drops on a BB which is generally is.

[-K--]
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

It may not be optimal, but it's far from bad

You get total air dominance

squad of TIE Bombers that will whack BBs for 5k HP, Drop a cruiser HP by 1/3

It's pretty bad. You might get awesome drops on DDs once in a while, but overall damage will be poor -- RNG and lack of dot will ensure low average damage.

AS component is useless in randoms, since most of the time your team is too dumb to actually utilize the vision you're giving them. Besides, two fighter squads are already pretty powerful. No need to sacrafice damage to get a third.

Wow, so whack a BB or cruiser for one aerial torpedo hit's worth? So gud!

[-K--]
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

To clear this up yes a Saipan auto drop is the same size as the manual drop

Okay. Eh, it still misses DDs completely -- while a two TB attack will certainly kill or at least maim a DD when done properly.

3/1 may be better for new players, but it's awful if you know what you're doing.