You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nuk_

Dunkerque!

70 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Dunkerque has arrived in the shop!

3 buying options; one with the plain ship for $25, a "Fully Loaded" bundle for $40, and a "Deluxe" bundle (with a flag) for $60.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/?utm_content=cm-top&utm_source=global-nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=wows-forum

my poor wallet...

Edited by Nuk_

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Sold! :coin:

Can't wait to get home from work.  To get in a proper state of mind to play this thing, I'll be sure to grab a Crocue Monsieur sandwich at La Madeleine, plus a nice bottle of Cognac. :tea_cap:

Too bad they don't have French national voices yet...

• Cool 2

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,119 battles

I knew it was going to be soon since they had the French national selection as part of 5.9 to sort by nation, but I did not think it would be one week after Scharnhorst. Makes me wonder if Prinz Eugen is next week then. The dream <3

• Cool 1

Members
368 posts
1,545 battles

Definitely waiting for more official reviews but unless it's amazing I can't see it being worth it as it offers no training value for quite some time

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

We need a Warspite vs Dunkerque review:yes_cap:

Warspite wins.
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

why?

Warspite has biggest guns for tier. They are also deadly accurate. Maybe even the most accurate for her tier. The Dunkerque has some pretty meh dispersion. She also has a huge turning radius where as Spite turns on a dime. I do plan on getting the Dunkerque though.

[RQL]
Beta Testers
718 posts
25,941 battles

Eventually, she will be on the tech tree for doubloons - maybe then I will pick her up.  For right now, I am not a good candidate for this ship's play style.  Good luck and have fun to all who purchase her and I look forward to meeting you in battle.

Members
249 posts

Odd.  Go to the Wiki on this ship and it says in the opening description that it has good torpedo protection.  Then go down to the pros and cons of the ship.  Under cons it say the opposite.  

Anyone know which one applies here?  

Members
91 posts

If you are into the play style, go for it.  For a lack of better words.....it is different, very very different.

Someone is going to buy it, and not be happy with it.  If you are on the fence, I would not recommend it.

My first match with it, 90k in damage with 4 kills.  Those guns......they are not the best in the dispersion department, and most of the small hits were about 900 damage.  They are good in the medium to close range department but unless you are one on one with someone I wouldn't call it a match saver, it might be a bit hard pressed to do that if you push it into a corner.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,676 battles

I'm a cruiser main, so why do I keep buying battleships...

Because pretty.  Soooo pretty.

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

One foolishly showed his broadside to my Warspite one full broadside and 3 cits and his brandnew ship was dust

[TACO]
Beta Testers
562 posts
10,626 battles

Odd.  Go to the Wiki on this ship and it says in the opening description that it has good torpedo protection.  Then go down to the pros and cons of the ship.  Under cons it say the opposite.  

Anyone know which one applies here?  

Think Iowa and North Carolina. Good torpedo protection in the real world, somehow not so hot in WoWS because muh Yamato.

[REVY]
Members
9,647 posts
7,316 battles

lobster-frog.png

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

lobster-frog.png

For some reason this short film comes to mind.  That is, if the two were steampunk mechs rather than ships...

• Cool 1

Members
135 posts
2,997 battles

If you watch Jingles' Dunquerque and Warspite reviews back to back, you'll get a very complete picture of the two ships. As soon as they launch the Rodney/Nelson (3 triple 16" gun turrets mounted forward), I'll find some way to afford it. :-)

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles

Oh please help me...she is soooo dang pretty....but I don't need another meh Tier 6 BB....I LOVE my Warspite....I don't need her...talk me out of it...

Members
135 posts
2,997 battles

Oh please help me...she is soooo dang pretty....but I don't need another meh Tier 6 BB....I LOVE my Warspite....I don't need her...talk me out of it...

Don't do it. They shoot nerf bullets.

Alpha Tester
11 posts
3,042 battles

Took  mine out today for first game, when well in a tier 8 match. Played as a cruiser.

Made good silver

In RL amazing torp protection, game no so. Has fantastic HE.

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

She's out? She's out?

SHE'S OUT!

329318_zpse0rnxtty.gif

Time to lose $25 lol

Edited by Phoenix_jz
  • Cool 3