You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gurudennis

When I lead the charge in a German BB...

26 comments in this topic

-Members-
1,117 posts
3,733 battles

This happens to me every time in my Konig. First thing you know everyone is following you. But by the time you get immersed trying to fight off the enemy, you suddenly notice everyone's backed off leaving you to die alone.

Sigh...

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,100 posts
30,874 battles

... and suddenly realize everyone else bailed to snipe from max range.

clTV4DW.gif

Bro, that is my life with Bismarck.  Matter of fact, it's the BB Lyfe in general.

"Enemy shell flying past us 20km away!  QUICK!  RETREAT!"

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

I've got this problem in my Gneis. Fortunately, I've got a few regular division partners who like running 7s so I think I'll leave Gneis for div play. Otherwise I get myself in trouble.

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,834 battles

I can honestly say when I bought the Scharn last week, the battles were a hoot because there were a fair number of us pushing and brawling.

This weekend was bad.  I just quit the game now because I had a team full of back liners who wouldn't move up.  I got bored and pushed and got swarmed by two DDs, and Nurnberg and a couple of their BBs.  I looked at the map and still guys hiding in their BBs by rocks not doing anything.... it's been a weekend full of that.   I don't want to sit at 19km firing HE from the Scharn, but it seems when I try to dive into the fight I get left alone, eat torps and clicked to death by HE Spammers.

...making me sad.

• Cool 1

Members
368 posts
1,545 battles

I've had some success being very vocal at the start of the map about my aggressive intentions and can get cruisers to back up sometimes.

I almost always die but I can usually rack up a ton of damage and a few kills in the process.

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

This happens to me every time in my Konig. First thing you know everyone is following you. But by the time you get immersed trying to fight off the enemy, you suddenly notice everyone's backed off leaving you to die alone.

Sigh...

Just your konig?

This is me in 90% of my matches in any ship............

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Just your konig?

This is me in 90% of my matches in any ship............

Yep, not just BBs. I remember a few days ago, i had a game in my Farragut, where i turned around a corner to find a Farragut and a Minekaze 2 km away from me, and 2 cruisers a bit further away. Where was my team? Hanging back at the cap. 

(Fortunately, i managed to torp the Farragut (took 3 torps to kill him!!:ohmy:) and gunned down the Minekaze, then hide in the smoke that the Minekaze laid down for me. But the point is, i had zero support while doing this.)

Beta Testers
336 posts

Yeah it's been all weekend like this in all BBs I play. I hope that everyone's spine grows back early this week otherwise it's going to be a real PITA grinding up the line.

[NEXFL]
Members
125 posts
3,260 battles

Yeah it's been all weekend like this in all BBs I play. I hope that everyone's spine grows back early this week otherwise it's going to be a real PITA grinding up the line.

Yeah, I noticed this too. When I first got the Scharnie I had some good brawling games...this lasted mid week with the other German BBs out, but by weekend I had to completely change my playstyle. Right now I play sniper with the Scharnie till late in the game. While I hate not getting to play aggressively, I need to replenish some silver and level up German captains and right now I don't see any other options.

[KNTAI]
Members
83 posts
3,172 battles

I must be really lucky with last night's game then. (I'm the Atago in the puppy side)

I got shanked pretty early after taking a Fletcher and Benson so I got to watch the entire thing.

The map is Land of Fire.

All our BBs and the enemy BBs were brawling at A.

While somehow, all the DDs and cruisers where fighting at the middle of B and C.

Yamato, Iowa, F Der Grobe, Tirpitz VS G. Kurfurst, Iowa, Izumo, Amagi.

That Yamato charged in when he realized what was happening and got good scores for it.

Wawawa.jpg

Edited by Waggafuffles

[FKK]
Members
580 posts
29,047 battles

I would describe just about every random battle i have ever been in the same way.

I propose the following shorthand for Tactics in Random: 

1) Everyone Run for the border. 

2) Circle up in the base, DO NOTHING BUT WAIT. SNOOZE THRU A BATTLE. You might win, but no one cares because they are too bored to care. 

3) Lemming Train over to X. Take any amount of fire: RUN LIKE HELL AWAY. Rinse and Repeat.

At the start of the game, whomever has the biggest ship/cv should just choose or select a number at random and declare that to be the tactics for the battle.

It really wont matter though, hell half the team or more is going to run for the border anyway. They will then wait on Natural Attrition to set in and then try and do some half a$$ed scavenger-mop up duty on a bunch of ships that are shot to hell and declare themselves to be a Warrior King when in reality they are nothing more than vultures.

Content moderated by JayStark02

Edited by JayStark02

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

This weekend was the most... Interesting weekend in a tier 8.lots of questions from my team about the Bismarck's capabilities, which lead to me telling people I had Hydro and I planned to use it.

Surprisingly enough, hydro helped my team find their spines and some really fun secondary gun battles happened

[CVRME]
[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,942 posts
10,652 battles

I see we have ourselves a regular Monday morning.  

Members
645 posts
2,685 battles

I've been badmouthing Konig due to the lack of damage I do with her and the odd way I take way more damage than I can do despite being angled vs them being broadside, but.... In a game last night we had good dd support and I think one cruiser, so I charged into the west cap on Two Brothers against 3 BBs and a Pepsi while our other BBs stayed at distance then later left to help defend another cap. I tanked damage and peppered their BBs with "meh" salvos while our dds forced them to run. We ended up taking out the Pepsi, NY, and Kongo, then their Bayern turned to try to fight and I rammed him for the win.

Beta Testers
180 posts
835 battles

I dared to take a dip in my stock Ibuki the other day in two battles. Both battles some bb's pushed up but turned around as soon as they got spit on then joined the rest of the bb's to snipe in the back. I would not mind it so much if I had the range to target anything other than the periodic DD or CA that got to close like me then deleted by two or three shells from a BB in the back. I would enjoy T9 more in a cruiser if the game meta was not to have such a huge no mans land due to big stick bb's, Klingon dd's, and far greater skill than blue angle pilots flying mechanics.  

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

That's pretty much always the case when fighting with a brawling focused battleship like the Warspite, mid tier USN, and all of the German ones. The latter is especially noticeable as their shells don't penetrate that well at longer ranges. You pretty much have to spend the match hugging islands. When you load up a match in Ocean or Strait, you are f**ked.

Members
57 posts
1,368 battles

Lead the charge in my Nasau on her first battle, got accused of and reported for being a "worthless" player who should really "uninstall" or "gtfo of BBs." 

By the end of the match, had 49k damage, 3x CQC medals, 8x Fires, 5x Kills.  Player who initially degraded me took back his remarks, suggested it was mostly luck (wish it probably was lol) instead of teamwork and ship understanding and supposedly used all his daily comps to rectify the reports.

Pretty sure I'm going to keep Nasau permanently in my port due to the astounding success I have seen, and participated in. 

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

Everything here is what makes me a DD Captain at the moment.  At low tiers, a well coordinated team is nice...but, frankly, just too unlikely to sail a boat that is dependent on team play.  I might pick up CVs next...who knows.  Will have to be IJN though, because I will never buy back the Wyoming.  My Clemson and my Isokaze are both good ships, only see one tier higher MM and can knife fight even when the team is not gelling well.

OP, I feel for you...

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Mir pays off when it works. 

What's that mod you're using? Looks like a very useful one, because it's really hard to tell the enemy's angle to you.

[BRACE]
Members
1 post
2,502 battles

im always up front in my bismarck. and if im lucky i dont get shredded by torps and this happens.m5dj5o9.png

• Cool 1

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,434 battles

What's that mod you're using? Looks like a very useful one, because it's really hard to tell the enemy's angle to you.

it's called angle mod. I was using it for secondary tests. I already removed it though since I really hate having clutter on my screen.

Members
84 posts
7,429 battles

Everything here is what makes me a DD Captain at the moment.  At low tiers, a well coordinated team is nice...but, frankly, just too unlikely to sail a boat that is dependent on team play.  I might pick up CVs next...who knows.  Will have to be IJN though, because I will never buy back the Wyoming.  My Clemson and my Isokaze are both good ships, only see one tier higher MM and can knife fight even when the team is not gelling well.

OP, I feel for you...

You can just use free exp since lower tiers ships are pretty cheap to research. I wouldn't go past Tier 6 if you do choose to play US CV line. Ranger and higher loadouts are masochistic atm.