Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zionas

What will be the unique playstyle of Britain's cruisers?

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

43 posts in this topic

First of all I am surprised and quite disappointed to see the absence of the County (I was expecting London or Dorset shire as the tree representative), York and Hawkins classes. It is a full CL line. What do you think will be the unique playstyle of the Brits? My playstyle is very forward, I like brawling and close quartets engagements and setting stuff on fire. Also like to use torps on BBs. I wonder if the Brits will fit well with how I play. I'm surprised to see Leander at T6 rather than T5 where she belongs. Emerald should be T4 instead of Danae, I was expecting Ceylon to be T6. Unless WG magically finds ways to buff them I find the mid tier British CLs over tiered.  Emerald with its 8 torpedoes to a broadside is one ship I am sort of interested in playing. It's like a British Kuma so I hope it's going to be decent. What are your thoughts on this new line?

Will they have a lower skill floor / skill ceiling?

To soon to tell. What we know about these ships is being pulled from historical data and some leaked data about a few ships in the line. But Light cruisers aren't known for their brawling armor. And the people who get to test them aren't going to be sharing details for a Long time. Best to wait, watch, and stock pile free Exp until they are added to the game. 

British Atlanta from T2 up to T10.  Maaaybe with less arcing.

Smoke, rapid firing 6 inch gun madness, and torps.

Sounds like a plan

HE spam from smoke. Sounds dynamic.

Oh good.  Because battleship drivers didn't have enough excuses to hide in the back and soil themselves.  Now, in addition to torpedoes, other battleships, planes, rowboats, seagulls, waves, wind and the Khabarovsk, we'll have smoke-billowing 152mm-gunned fireboats for them to complain about.

If I had to guess, you can expect RN cruisers to perform somewhere along the lines of Kuma in lower tiers and Kutuzov in higher tiers. National flavor and Soviet bias may apply, but speculating about these would be pretty pointless because they lie outside of the domain of historical performance that these ships had.

HE spam from smoke. Sounds dynamic.

Except for two things, cruisers with radar and destroyer captains who have learned to drop a spread of torps into a smoke screen by watching the muzzle flashes. Many a destroyers has been sunk by firing from the safety of their smoke only to eat one or two of my torps. And cruisers are much bigger targets when stationary. :trollface:

Well ya know what they say. A picture's worth a thousand words. So I'll describe it in 1005.

E25WMJB.jpg

Oh, and they have smoke.

I actually - ever so slightly - resent the implications by certain people that they are the cool kids who have all the information, but oh-so-sorry not at liberty to discuss. In that case, please simply steer clear of the thread to avoid sounding pretentious.

Oh good.  Because battleship drivers didn't have enough excuses to hide in the back and soil themselves.  Now, in addition to torpedoes, other battleships, planes, rowboats, seagulls, waves, wind and the Khabarovsk, we'll have smoke-billowing 152mm-gunned fireboats for them to complain about.

From whats been gleamed of them, load HE, aim at citadel, obliterate it.

I actually - ever so slightly - resent the implications by certain people that they are the cool kids who have all the information, but oh-so-sorry not at liberty to discuss. In that case, please simply steer clear of the thread to avoid sounding pretentious.

I remember when the German cruiser information was released, and I came to the conclusion that some of the ships(Hindenburg especially) were going to be underpowered unless they were buffed in some manner. The ST crowd were all claiming that they were fine, and lo and behold at release they had been hit by both a RoF buff and an absolutely massive AP damage buff(4800->5900).

Well ya know what they say. A picture's worth a thousand words. So I'll describe it in 1005.

E25WMJB.jpg

Oh, and they have smoke.

Nah, no need to say that. They fire so many shells they make smoke with them anyway :D

Gotta agree with the sentiment expressed here. C'mon folks, you should be better than this.

Torps with a bit of guns like Tenryu up to T5.

Fire & Shadow with torps T5+

As you face tremendous adversity and likely doom with your British warship, face it with unwavering wit and tea time.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0