Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lt_gota

hello WoWS

11 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
26 battles

So I just started playing WoWS, and as soon as I completed the 10battles need for creating a topic, I tho I would ask the forum for tips on:

-which ship line is good?

-anything that I should know that's like basic knowledge?

-is this game Russian bias like WoWB?

-any other useful tips, tactics, and stuff

• Cool 2

Members
5,450 posts
21,041 battles

Welcome aboard sailor; May the wind be at your back, your enemies sail straight, the enemy torpedoes miss by a mile and RNG be always in your favor. Remember to watch the mini map, change course and speed and use AP on boardside ships at the water line. Don't get lost or sail alone, don't hug islands to close, don't show your broad side, push with your team, don't hang back in sniper mode and Have fun. Smoke on the water is dangerous, avoid friendly fire and don't feed the trolls. For any thing else use search or just ask.

Try the USA and Japanese lines they are good middle ground ships no matter the class and both have some very fun ships early on. 

The Sinksalot Fleet salutes you, 

See you top side.

P.s. the Youtube channels of iChasegaming, Notser and even the Might Jingles have some really good content for WoWs. The more you learn the better a captain you will become and the less you will be surprised. Also reading Patch notes is useful. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

-Whichever one you like

-Rule #1 Never. Ever. Under ANY circumstances... throw torpedoes in the path of an ally. Period. Rule #2 make sure to use your conveniently implemented WASD hacks (Turn your ship and adjust speed. Don't travel in a straight line or you WILL be torpedoed briefly before coming to forums to complain ignorantly about torpedoes being overpowered).

-Yes, though the devs continue to deny it even though everyone knows it's true. Can't speak to the severity in comparison though as I've never played WoWB.

-Learn when to use HE and when to use AP rounds. Don't try to aim with the numbers on a marker. Just get a natural feel for it. The former is technically possible but nowhere near is effective.    This game is not a game you can just jump in and be good at (typically). It will take time to adjust, don't feel frustrated. I personally greatly suggest getting out of co-op mode as soon as possible and sticking to random mode facing real players because fighting against bots that don't really know left from right isn't going to help you learn.

Welcome to hell WoWS. Enjoy your stay!

Members
832 posts
1,264 battles

ohai welcome to the forums

Im not good enough to give you basic knowledge :D

[HAIFU]
-Members-
702 posts
7,365 battles

Any line can be good, it just depends on your play style. The US lines tend to be a sort of "jack of all trades but master of none" line. The IJN get faster ships but weaker armour and AA. The German ships are great with AP and their battleships are especially good at brawling. Russian lines are both very good gunships but lack good torpedoes and armour. 

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Welcome to World of Warships.

1. Depends on what you prefer, Cruisers are (depends on nation) light-moderately armored ships with the capability of excelling in many situations (the most diverse class in my opinion). Destroyers are lightly armored, fast, torpedoes wielding DPS machines and Battleships are the big, slow but very much powerful boomsticks.. And Aircraft Carriers are just.. ehhhh come back here for advice on Aircraft Carriers if you ever decide to go down that line. I will say that playing as a Aircraft Carrier isn't that fun, but that's just my opinion.

2. If you want knowledge, check out these YouTube channels: Flamu, Voulezvous, Aerron, Notser, Business6 and this video from The Mighty Jingles could help you out:

3. No, it's just an inside joke.

4. Don't sail broadside (Applies to Battleships, Cruisers, Aircraft Carriers and Destroyers), Use high explosive shells on angled/bow/stern on ships, use armor piercing shells on broadside/angled ships. Don't 'yolo' rush, be smart and don't charge. Staying alive and possibly doing more damage is better than being dead, no? Designations: CV = Aircraft Carrier,BB = Battleship, CA = Cruiser Heavy, CL = Cruiser Light and DD = Destroyer.

4.5 You can learn these tactics if you watch a couple videos from those YouTube channels linked in 2.

Good luck.

Beta Testers
82 posts
1,148 battles

So I just started playing WoWS, and as soon as I completed the 10battles need for creating a topic, I tho I would ask the forum for tips on:

-which ship line is good?

-anything that I should know that's like basic knowledge?

-is this game Russian bias like WoWB?

-any other useful tips, tactics, and stuff

1. Depending on your playstyle, if you want to run and gun go for the USN and VMF DDs. If you want to be a sneaky annoyance go for the IJN DDs. If you wanna soak up damage and brawl the USN and Kriegsmarine BBs are good choice, IJN if you want to be a long range sniper. All Cruiser lines are solid for supporting the team with AA and support fire. Or if you want to play this as an RTS play a CV.
  2. Don't sail broadside on, if a DD is sighted torps will be incoming, keep turning.
  3. Depends on who you ask.
  4. Learn the aspects of your class and the role you want to play. Don't get discouraged if and when you get deleted, it will happen. Have fun with the game. Learn how to use AP and HE, when you should switch and stuff. I could go on, but it's too much for a single post.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,318 battles

Just like in World of Tanks, World of Warships has some VERY good videos; watch them.

What type of ship is best for you will be determined by you when you discover your particular playstyle, which watching the videos will help you with.

What?!?! RUSSIAN BIAS IN WORLD OF WARSHIPS?!?! NEVER!!! (Next they will be saying things like "Titanic isn't sound" or "Nixon was a crook", HAH!!)

There are a TON of other things you will need to know; you will learn them as you play.

ENJOY!!

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Which ship line is good?

Having played it all (sans carriers), I would recommend Japanese cruisers for a beginner. No other line is quite quite so beginner friendly, and it's actually anywhere between good and great all the way to tier 10.

Anything that I should know that's like basic knowledge?

Follow iChase and Notser for basic (and advanced) tips on gameplay. The game is relatively easy to get into but difficult to master, with a lot of hidden nuances, especially around gunnery and armor performance. A good place to start in terms of introductory content is

Is this game Russian bias like WoWB?

By and large, no. Some Russian ships are OP, but then again some Japanese ships are OP just as well if not more. US cruisers and carriers are rather bad, so you could say there's a measure of anti-American bias.

Any other useful tips, tactics, and stuff

Too much to package in a compact format. Watch the introductory videos I linked to above, then please feel free to ask any questions you may have. The community is mostly quite accommodating of new players and people will (try to) help.

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

I would suggest you go for Japan and the US lines as they have all ship classes at the moment.

For basic knowledge this video:

it gives general rules which are veeeery important.

No russian bias. Instead we have the rng-dice so it's equaly horrible for everyone.

Sign in to follow this