You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dionkraft

Which ships have Radar and Hydrophone

8 comments in this topic

Members
3,601 posts
7,533 battles

Which ships have the Hydrophone and or Radar capability?

Murmank has Hydrophone

Atlanta has Radar

If you know can you add to the list if you will? -- Thanks

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
29,000 battles

Every cruiser from T4 onwards gets the option to use Hydroacoustic Search.  From T6 onwards you have to choose between it and Defensive AA.  Russian cruisers of T8+ get radar, American cruisers of T8+ get the option to swap a catapult fighter out for it.  Atlanta and Indianapolis are the only exceptions: do bear in mind that since Indianapolis can mount a catapult fighter you will have to swap it out.

The Lo Yang (T8 premium Pan-Asian DD) gets Hydro as well.  So do Bismarck, Friedrich Der Grosse, and Grosser Kurfurst, the T8, 9, and 10 German battleships respectively.

Edited by TenguBlade

[EPOXY]
Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,899 posts
13,706 battles

Hydro:  any cruiser tier 4 and up can mount it, along with german BB's at tier 8-10.

Radar:  Atlanta, Indianapolis, any US or RU Cruiser tier 8-10 can mount it

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,618 battles

Keep in mind that German hydro is actually very very powerful at 6km. If a German cruiser starts chasing your DD and you pop smoke, you better still be running away.

Members
3,601 posts
7,533 battles

Want to thank many of the repliers to this question and oh so very quickly I might add. Thanks again.  I checked on the ships I had and see that many ones which were selected I had chosen the AA over the Hydro and didn't give it much thought.  I reselcted some to try out a a 'free mod' and check it out.

Now I think that I had mistakenly THOUGHT that it was going to give me some data on the tactical or Mini as to what Hydro had detected but I see no reflection of any data change. Asked some guy during battle shortly after getting killed and he said that the Hydro T command just increases your detection from the enemy.  Is that correct ?. I researched around for this topic but there seems to be scant detail about Hydoacoustic and Radar functions other than short small details.   

[A-D-F]
Members
7,879 posts
44,757 battles

he said that the Hydro T command just increases your detection from the enemy.  Is that correct ?

No. Incorrect.

Here's Flamu (old video but still valid)

Edited by alexf24