You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Czevak

*sigh* Teamkilling system is way too broken.

148 comments in this topic

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

So, in Mahan - which I'm greatly enjoying. I accidentally hit a Freddy Mc Grubber with ONE shell and it catches him on fire. As you can guess by the title, I get the teamkill status.. for 7 games.

Seriously? I understand the fact that you WG devs want us to kill our teammates, but turn off the fire chance on allies. It was a mistake, but your system decided to punish me x100 more than what is normal.

You devs seriously need to sit down and talk with each other about how to fix this broken system.

And saying it was my fault is hardly a solution, we all know the system is completely broken.

• Cool 5

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,750 battles

stupid question incoming...:nerv_fish:

I thought when you did enough team damage you get turned pink for 5 games, did WG change this?:amazed:

[ARR0W]
Members
6,146 posts
32,898 battles

Just got TK'd in the first 3 minutes by a dolt firing torps from behind me at a target that was out of my torp range in the same ship.

You bet I want Captain Clownshoes pink for awhile, and to replace my flags and premium consumables.

• Cool 2

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

well they did remove the FF 2ndary damage

Remove fire chance on allies now.

I thought when you did enough team damage you get turned pink for 5 games, did WG change this?:amazed:

Apparently they did, which is annoying because I could've just torped a friendly and I'd get 5 games. So why does a fire = 7 games..?

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Obligatory response about watching yourself and it 100% being your fault.

Just wait until you don't actually kill the friendly and turn pink.

You just have deal with it OP and play SEVEN games of coop, being sure not to get touched by a friendly.

Game mechanic working as intended. :P

• Cool 2

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

It means he was pink before within a certain window and got the extra games. Had it happen to me before so I know because I worked off my pink to have someone run in front of me knife fighting an enemy DD at less than 3K and he ate my torps and I got the 7 games for the 2nd TK that day.

[-KIA-]
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Obligatory response about watching yourself and it 100% being your fault.

Just wait until you don't actually kill the friendly and turn pink.

You just have deal with it OP and play SEVEN games of coop, being sure not to get touched by a friendly.

Game mechanic working as intended. :P

I don't waste my time in Co-op. And it's not 100% my fault, we were in a brawl.

Members
454 posts

Not to be too terribly blunt, but Darth Doge isn't exactly the most credible complainant about the "imbalance" or "broken" nature of the team kill system (largely because he spends a considerable fraction of his game time "pinked").

In fairness, it was certainly not that "one round" or the fire alone which killed the other player, but the fact remains that Doge chose to fire into a melee where one of his allies could (would) be damaged.  We also don't know how long the fire burned before the other player was sunk.

If he allowed himself to burn (and refused/failed to hit Repair), then he, too, must bear some culpability for his sinking.

That having been said, Doge has something of a deserved reputation for being reckless with his weapons, and as this thread proves, "the widow's mite" will never be enough.

WG's recent decision to turn off friendly fire for secondary batteries is defensible in that the player has little control over them (they're either shooting or they're not, and the player can designate a "priority" target).  It's not fair to penalize a player for something over which he has little real control.

But now (still) Doge wants WG to turn off friendly fire for weapons which he does control, which will have two results:  

1) With no (real) consequences to reckless weapons fire, the spammers will simply shoot first, last, and always in an attempt to put as many rounds into the air and water as they can (hoping to get a kill by saturation rather than accuracy).

and

2) This will no longer be a game determined by any sort of skill, but simply one where the most mouse clicks in a given moment wins.  

Edited by Selek_7101
  • Cool 1

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,893 battles

the only solution to teamkilling, TURN OFF FRIENDLY FIRE. jeez why is this so hard to do ill never know. 

[ANKER]
Members
1,196 posts
6,279 battles

So, in Mahan - which I'm greatly enjoying. I accidentally hit a Freddy Mc Grubber with ONE shell and it catches him on fire. As you can guess by the title, I get the teamkill status.. for 7 games.

Seriously? I understand the fact that you WG devs want us to kill our teammates, but turn off the fire chance on allies. It was a mistake, but your system decided to punish me x100 more than what is normal.

You devs seriously need to sit down and talk with each other about how to fix this broken system.

And saying it was my fault is hardly a solution, we all know the system is completely broken.

It seems as they're slowing phasing out friendly dmg in its entirety. Might be a while till we see it lowered to the levels you we want it to be; unless some cataclysmic event forces WG's hand...

Members
454 posts

the only solution to teamkilling, TURN OFF FRIENDLY FIRE. jeez why is this so hard to do ill never know. 

Because when that happens, this ceases to be a game of skill of any sort, and turns into a simple question of who can spam the most rounds into an area at any one time.

• Cool 5

[5D5]
Members
1,664 posts
10,933 battles

I hope they don't take out friendly fire altogether, this game will get incredibly sloppy if they do...  The term "Spray and Pray" will be the order of the day.

And Darth, I used to not bother with Co-op either, but the moment I earned my pink Saturday, I went straight to Co-op and worked it off in a little over an hour.  Paid my penance.

Edited by sea_otter
  • Cool 1

[-KIA-]
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Not to be too terribly blunt, but Darth Doge isn't exactly the most credible complainant about the "imbalance" or "broken" nature of the team kill system (largely because he spends a considerable fraction of his game time "pinked").

He has something of a deserved reputation for being reckless with his weapons, and as this thread proves, "the widow's mite" will never be enough.

WG's recent decision to turn off friendly fire for secondary batteries is defensible in that the player has little control over them (they're either shooting or they're not, and the player can designate a "priority" target).  It's not fair to penalize a player for something over which he has little real control.

But now (still) Doge wants WG to turn off friendly fire for weapons which he does control, which will have two results:  

1) With no (real) consequences to reckless weapons fire, the spammers will simply shoot first, last, and always in an attempt to put as many rounds into the air and water as they can (hoping to get a kill by saturation rather than accuracy).

and

2) This will no longer be a game determined by any sort of skill, but simply one where the most mouse clicks in a given moment wins.  

Haha, no. First team kill of August was today.

Reckless with my weapons? Haha, no. When a friendly BB turns in front of you, while you are scoped in and shooting rapidly, you are likely to hit him.

WG should turn of recurring damage on friendlies I.E. Flooding and Fires.

I don't have control of the fire chance.

1. There are consequences, but with recurring friendly damage I got 100x punished than I should've.

2. This game takes skill to play, RNG is just annoying.

Yes please! everyone will be happy.. except those trolls that make multiple accounts to TK.

I hope they don't take out friendly fire altogether, this game will get incredibly sloppy if they do...  The term "Spray and Pray" will be the order of the day.

That may be so, just take out the chance for flooding and fires on friendlies and I will be relatively happy.

Edited by DarthDoge
  • Cool 1

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,839 battles

A couple weeks back a team mate hit my Montana with a HE shell as he was trying to fire over me.  It set me on fire.  It was one fire, however, I was facing three enemy cruisers at the time.  I did not want to use my repair on ONE FIRE when I could potentially be set on fire by the enemy cruisers right after, essentially costing me valuable HP now that my repair was on cooldown as a result of the friendly fire incident.

I let the fire burn out, then used my BB heal to fix it.   Unfortunately, the friendly player went pink as a result of the accumulated damage to my ship from the single fire from one shell.

I felt bad for him...but in all reality he did hit me and did do damage to my ship, and do put me in a pickle as to what to do with my repair while in an engagement.  I would not have penalized him personally, but it's the way the game is right now.  It is a bit unfair, as we'd all like to see the chronic idiot torp spam from behind guys get punished, but it comes with a price for all of us in this regard.

...again, either turn it off or come up with a better system.

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

And Darth, I used to not bother with Co-op either, but the moment I earned my pink Saturday, I went straight to Co-op and worked it off in a little over an hour.  Paid my penance.

Meh, I need to grind Mahan.

A couple weeks back a team mate hit my Montana with a HE shell as he was trying to fire over me.  It set me on fire.  It was one fire, however, I was facing three enemy cruisers at the time.  I did not want to use my repair on ONE FIRE when I could potentially be set on fire by the enemy cruisers right after, essentially costing me valuable HP now that my repair was on cooldown as a result of the friendly fire incident.

I let the fire burn out, then used my BB heal to fix it.   Unfortunately, the friendly player went pink as a result of the accumulated damage to my ship from the single fire from one shell.

I felt bad for him...but in all reality he did hit me and did do damage to my ship, and do put me in a pickle as to what to do with my repair while in an engagement.  I would not have penalized him personally, but it's the way the game is right now.  It is a bit unfair, as we'd all like to see the chronic idiot torp spam from behind guys get punished, but it comes with a price for all of us in this regard.

...again, either turn it off or come up with a better system.

it's just unfair that I had to get 100x more punished than I would.

[MAUS]
Members
13,698 posts

I wouldn't be happy if they turned friendly fire off.  I like the challenge that comes with not being an idiot with my weapons (I failed at that twice in two days this month -- it was kinda funny in a derpy sorta way).

It's not like being turned pink is a serious penalty if you didn't mean to do harm.  You're a fun colour for a handful of rounds until you clear it.  It makes a nice conversation piece and you suffer no ill effects for a one off dip in Pepto Bismol.

• Cool 3

Members
7,307 posts
3,304 battles

No longer works like that.

Killing a teammate = instapink

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

Pardon me, but that is not a game I would care to play. Fire discipline is an excellent solution to friendly fire and accidental team killing.
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

I don't waste my time in Co-op. And it's not 100% my fault, we were in a brawl.

My entire post was laced with sarcasm because the pink mechanic is totally broken.

That being said, coop is safest for you and it's kinda fun. Try T7+ for a bit more challenge.

[-KIA-]
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

I wouldn't be happy if they turned friendly fire off.  I like the challenge that comes with not being an idiot with my weapons (I failed at that twice in two days this month -- it was kinda funny in a derpy sorta way).

It's not like being turned pink is a serious penalty if you didn't mean to do harm.  You're a fun colour for a handful of rounds until you clear it.  It makes a nice conversation piece and you suffer no ill effects for a one off dip in Pepto Bismol.

1. I'm not completely against friendly fire, just against recurring damage (Fires and Flooding)

2. It's either a fun conversation or 95% of the time it's "OH WE GOT A TEAMKILLER".

Bleh, I wouldn't shed any tears if TKing was disabled.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Pardon me, but that is not a game I would care to play. Fire discipline is an excellent solution to friendly fire and accidental team killing.

Argument invalid because you can't force people to exercise fir discipline. People will troll and fire haphazardly if they want to. And good thing WG devs don't cater to what game you would and wouldn't play.

Boy, wouldn't it be great if the devs here did what the devs on WoT Console did? They turned of FF, and lo and behold, all the complaints about TKing and trolling disappeared and everybody was happy.

[-KIA-]
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

My entire post was laced with sarcasm because the pink mechanic is totally broken.

That being said, coop is safest for you and it's kinda fun. Try T7+ for a bit more challenge.

Ah, can't really tell on the internet.

Co-op is fine, but I don't play it unless it's on the PT lol Also grinding to Benson, 15k more to go.

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,893 battles

Because when that happens, this ceases to be a game of skill of any sort, and turns into a simple question of who can spam the most rounds into an area at any one time.

Lol dont even try to justify team-damage.  you know it's bad and this will remove it permanetly which will be good for the game.  i mean what team game does not DISABLE friendly fire?  all it doe's is promote griefing and puts you at a ship disadvantage. 

this is the most logical and compassionate thing that NEEDS to happen and it will make the game more fun to play for everyone, except for griefer's and [edited]. 

Edited by Wo_9