You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RockaholicRaven

You mind explaining your broken RNG system WG?

96 comments in this topic

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

Don your aluminum foil hat because im starting to believe more and more RNG is handicapped better for average/bad players and worse for above average players not only for: dispersion, RNG damage/fire chance/flooding chance/penetration chance/bounces/modules dying, but MM as well. For months now, I have been dealing with the absolute worst Dispersion and RNG rolls I have ever seen and it does not matter what ship or tier im playing. Bracketing battlships with cruisers at under 15km, 100+ hits in destroyers with HE for 0 fires, 100+ hit with Zao HE no fires, Landing torps on full health destroyers for lowest damage roles possible, having battlships shoot at me from over 18k and landing single AP shells that detonate my destroyers. The list is endless. Today I hit a full HP Fletcher with a fletcher torp IE full HP means he had no over-saturated sections on his ship. I hit him for 9158 damage less than half the max damage of a fletcher torp which falls at 19033. As I said this is not a one time thing or something that has been happening rarely to me, this is an 85% of my games occurrence. What's the deal? 

question_zpshwdrsce6.png

Edited by RockaholicRaven

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

You struck him on an already damaged section of the ship, so the torpedo depleted the rest of the hp stored in that section which happens to be 9k. Happens: I had a takedown on a Benson that required 4 Fubuki torpedoes once.

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
25,411 battles

OK everyone please tell WG to fix this for him just because of REASONS

[GOAT]
Beta Testers
1,523 posts
7,150 battles

There isn't even any RNG related to torp damage at all is there? How can the RNG be rigged if it doesn't exist...

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

You struck him on an already damaged section of the ship, so the torpedo depleted the rest of the hp stored in that section which happens to be 9k. Happens: I had a takedown on a Benson that required 4 Fubuki torpedoes once.

​READ THE WHOLE TOPIC

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

There isn't even any RNG related to torp damage at all is there? How can the RNG be rigged if it doesn't exist...

You realize what RNG stands for? Random number generator, it literally generates every single damage counter in the game and for how much based off an algorithm 
Edited by RockaholicRaven

[GOAT]
Beta Testers
1,523 posts
7,150 battles

You realize what RNG stands for? Random number generator, it literally generates every single damage counter in the game and for how much based off an algorithm 

This isn't world of tanks.

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

This isn't world of tanks.

yeah you are totally right silly me the damage you see on your screen when you hit ships is an act of god not something designed into the game lol

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

​READ THE WHOLE TOPIC

OKAY. SO YOU STRUCK A FULL HEALTH FLETCHER ON A FORE OR AFT SECTION OF THE SHIP, WHICH HAPPENED TO HAVE 9K HP.

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

OKAY. SO YOU STRUCK A FULL HEALTH FLETCHER ON A FORE OR AFT SECTION OF THE SHIP, WHICH HAPPENED TO HAVE 9K HP.

do you pick your nose often or just in my posts?

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Some things are more chance defined but others are not. A torp hit is not chance defined with the exception of the odds of flooding occuring. It hits a section and does a defined amount of damage based on the dmg reduction amount and limited by the HP in that section. Nothing random about that. Either you hit that ship with the torp and do the damage, or you dont.

Edited by RipNuN2

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

do you pick your nose often or just in my posts?

Do you always act like a child?
  • Cool 1

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

Do you always act like a child?

I'm a child because you can't read and entire topic headline before posting something ignorant? good one

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

I'm a child because you can't read and entire topic headline before posting something ignorant? good one

Whatever makes your e-peen feel better.

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

Whatever makes your e-peen feel better.

Hey if you have a reading disorder you shoulda just said so. IE your first post had nothing intelligent or worth my time for reading because your explanation was already voided in my first post.

Members
1,776 posts
6,776 battles

I know kinda how you feel. I am doing the Gneisenau grind and it is a pain in the butt. Missing broadside cruisers under 10km when I aim for the citadel and my shells decide to fly over the ship or land meters in front of the ship. 

On the other hand this factor is part of this game. I personally would like to see a Navyfield kindish aiming system, with an improvement to the current spread of shells, to make it more.. uhh skill based.. if that is the right word for it

Edited by joris92

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Hey if you have a reading disorder you shoulda just said so. IE your first post had nothing intelligent or worth my time for reading because your explanation was already voided in my first post

Except he's not wrong.  The bow and stern sections of a DD don't have as much health as the midsection and thus your torpedo just removed all of that section's HP without killing him because there wasn't enough HP to take away.

Besides dispersion, fire/flood chance, and AA, nothing is RNG-based in this game.  You need to stop jumping down people's throats just because they say what you don't like.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 2

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

Except he's not wrong.  The bow and stern sections of a DD don't have as much health as the midsection and thus your torpedo just removed all of that section's HP without killing him.

Besides dispersion, fire/flood chance, and AA, nothing is RNG-based in this game.  You need to stop jumping down people's throats just because they say what you don't like.

you want to post the link to the exact hp pools of a fletchers fore or aft section? O that's right that link doesn't exist weird, where did you get your numbers from then?

Members
2,379 posts
4,072 battles

Don your aluminum foil hat because im starting to believe more and more RNG is handicapped better for average/bad players and worse for above average players not only for: dispersion, RNG damage/fire chance/flooding chance/penetration chance/bounces/modules dying, but MM as well. For months now, I have been dealing with the absolute worst Dispersion and RNG rolls I have ever seen and it does not matter what ship or tier im playing. Bracketing battlships with cruisers at under 15km, 100+ hits in destroyers with HE for 0 fires, 100+ hit with Zao HE no fires, Landing torps on full health destroyers for lowest damage roles possible, having battlships shoot at me from over 18k and landing single AP shells that detonate my destroyers. The list is endless. Today I hit a full HP Fletcher with a fletcher torp IE full HP means he had no over-saturated sections on his ship. I hit him for 9158 damage less than half the max damage of a fletcher torp which falls at 19033. As I said this is not a one time thing or something that has been happening rarely to me, this is an 85% of my games occurrence. What's the deal? 

question_zpshwdrsce6.png

you hit the fletcher in a module like the rudder, did 10K to the module, and the 9K is your slash damadge

you want to post the link to the exact hp pools of a fletchers fore or aft section? O that's right that link doesn't exist weird, where did you get your numbers from then?

It's known that dd's run 10/80/10 as their HP pools, but hitting the bow would just nuke the bow and part of the midships because the radius of torps is like the size of the fletcher.

Edited by TheSupremeOne34
  • Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Why does it seem like the anger/toxic levels have jumped since the new rules were put in effect.

Seems like a lot of players should be seeing strikes if anyone is actually bothering to report them....:hmm:

To bad the antiquated reporting system probably prevents most reports. :teethhappy:

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

you hit the fletcher in a module like the rudder, did 10K to the module, and the 9K is your slash damadge

​A comment that makes sense based on the information I gave thank you!

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

Hey if you have a reading disorder you shoulda just said so. IE your first post had nothing intelligent or worth my time for reading because your explanation was already voided in my first post.

I'm sorry that you have to resort to petty personal attacks to feel better about yourself.