Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_bac0nator_

More ARP ships?

38 comments in this topic

[SNK]
Members
47 posts
3,824 battles

I hope WG adds more ARP ships to the game, like Takao, or bring out those ARP missions again, because I never got to do those.

BTW what were the ARP missions again? I didn't see them when they were out

bacon :p

• Cool 2

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Asia server has already gotten almost ALL of the ARP ships (4 Kongo sisters and 3/4 Myoko sisters) twice! Yay for the worst event planning for a server cluster ever. But don't worry, I'm sure we all wanted that stupid basketball camo faceoff instead of ARP ships, right?

Edited by goldeagle1123
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Asia server has already gotten ALL of the ARP ships (4 Kongo sisters and 4 Myoko sisters) twice! Yay for the worst event planning for a server cluster ever. But don't worry, I'm sure we all wanted that stupid basketball camo faceoff instead of ARP ships, right?

I don't think they've gotten Nachi yet, but I agree. Hopefully we'll get something next month.

[HAIFU]
-Members-
702 posts
7,365 battles

I'd expect that we'd see more ARP ships probably around the next season of ranked or team battles for the players who don't enjoy the more competitive gameplay of those two modes. 

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

I don't think they've gotten Nachi yet, but I agree. Hopefully we'll get something next month.

Nachi is the only one they haven't gotten yet. And they've have the ARP Kongo and Myoko ops twice.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
307 posts
1,695 battles

BTW what were the ARP missions again? I didn't see them when they were out

You have to have your account level at 10 to unlock missions and challenges.  It looks like you're already past that level, so they should show up the next time we have ARP missions again.

missionslevel.jpg

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

Asia server has already gotten almost ALL of the ARP ships (4 Kongo sisters and 3/4 Myoko sisters) twice! Yay for the worst event planning for a server cluster ever. But don't worry, I'm sure we all wanted that stupid basketball camo faceoff instead of ARP ships, right?

While I'll point out ^ this is incorrect by a country mile (we haven't gotten nachi, takao, or any of the non-intelligence ships from the series. Not to mention Musashi/Yamato that everyone thinks could never happen because T10 but I say that's bollocks they can set the requirements to need yamato unlocked beforehand if they please, it's not like you're buying a T10 with mommy's credit card BUT I DIGRESS)....

I will also mention that it's partially correct. "Worst event planning for a server cluster ever". I still believe from the bottom of my heart that there was a fragment of WG's NA team that was anti-anime for the typical reasons and that they are no longer with them. Hopefully we'll get every single ARP the other servers have gotten, and I personally hope they continue to put out every single one seen in the anime. Yes that includes Yamato. I'm actually grinding up on the chance that it actually happens in case it has some insane requirements to complete.

EDIT: Oh yeah last I checked they don't have Maya either. It's a carnival! :wander_cap:

Edited by Stratego89

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,676 battles

At least the basketball camo didn't set the forums on fire for a month or two like ARP always does.
  • Cool 1

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

At least the basketball camo didn't set the forums on fire for a month or two like ARP always does.

Small minded haters are always going to hate. Just wish WG didn't cave in at every turn

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

While I'll point out ^ this is incorrect by a country mile (we haven't gotten nachi, takao, or any of the non-intelligence ships from the series. Not to mention Musashi/Yamato that everyone thinks could never happen because T10 but I say that's bollocks they can set the requirements to need yamato unlocked beforehand if they please, it's not like you're buying a T10 with mommy's credit card BUT I DIGRESS)....

I will also mention that it's partially correct. "Worst event planning for a server cluster ever". I still believe from the bottom of my heart that there was a fragment of WG's NA team that was anti-anime for the typical reasons and that they are no longer with them. Hopefully we'll get every single ARP the other servers have gotten, and I personally hope they continue to put out every single one seen in the anime. Yes that includes Yamato. I'm actually grinding up on the chance that it actually happens in case it has some insane requirements to complete.

EDIT: Oh yeah last I checked they don't have Maya either. It's a carnival! :wander_cap:

They have every modeled ARP ship except Nachi, my point stands.

But it's fun watching 40-year-old American men get uber butthurt that they have to see a tiny op window of an anime girl, for a ship that once they get, they will never even see.
Edited by goldeagle1123
  • Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I'm still salty that they didn't just leave the basketball camo in the game. More options are never bad and it was literally just different color schemes for the same one you can get for 22k credits.

Seriously why was it bad to keep them? Why is having an actual* choice such a bad concept for WG games?

*Actual Choice: providing more than 1 good choice surrounded by a bunch of worthless things. See: Captain skills for "illusion of choice".

Members
501 posts
12,751 battles

maybe because some people are so freaking anti-anime (which is completely unwarranted BTW) in this game, seriously the solution is really simple, don't use the ARP port and boom no ARP content for you, but the very mention of a anime-ship in the game and its time to dust off the pitchforks and light your torches cause its time for another witch hunt 

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

They have every modeled ARP ship except Nachi, my point stands.

Last I checked takao/maya was not modeled yet because they wanted to work on tech-tree takao beforehand, and it's still quite a ways off. And don't forget- according to WG they needed six whole months just to make some textures for a couple of them so if WG's actually telling the truth the model being ready wouldn't mean all that much (I don't think the textures took that long. But WG said so so I should believe them right? :rolleyes:)

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

maybe because some people are so freaking anti-anime (which is completely unwarranted BTW) in this game, seriously the solution is really simple, don't use the ARP port and boom no ARP content for you, but the very mention of a anime-ship in the game and its time to dust off the pitchforks and light your torches cause its time for another witch hunt 

They don't actually have an issue with ARP stuff. They were told repeatedly how to not see it. They actually had to INTENTIONALLY AND CONCIOUSLY CHOOSE TO ENABLE IT. They just wanted to use it as a (thinly veiled) excuse to throw around hate speech because they're the worst kind of people on the planet and the only way they can be happy is ostracizing everyone that doesn't conform to their preferences. This is why I have said on multiple occasions and stand by the belief that there was a section of WG's team that was such a type of person- and that's actually why the people that were throwing around hate speech repeatedly on forums for weeks at a time were left alone, and when the threads were finally closed down they got off scott free and people who tried defending themselves from HATE SPEECH got punished instead of the offenders. But I also believe those individuals got booted outta the company harder than the hindenburg fell so it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

They don't actually have an issue with ARP stuff. They were told repeatedly how to not see it. They actually had to INTENTIONALLY AND CONCIOUSLY CHOOSE TO ENABLE IT. They just wanted to use it as a (thinly veiled) excuse to throw around hate speech because they're the worst kind of people on the planet and the only way they can be happy is ostracizing everyone that doesn't conform to their preferences. This is why I have said on multiple occasions and stand by the belief that there was a section of WG's team that was such a type of person- and that's actually why the people that were throwing around hate speech repeatedly on forums for weeks at a time were left alone, and when the threads were finally closed down they got off scott free and people who tried defending themselves from HATE SPEECH got punished instead of the offenders. But I also believe those individuals got booted outta the company harder than the hindenburg fell so it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

ARP missions were constantly spammed in the mission window, not something you can turn off. So not exactly completely hidden as you seem to claim.

And honestly, there were about a dozen angry trolls who hated the thought of Anime being in the game, most of them seem to have gone MIA. Perhaps they were finally booted, who knows. And as far as I'm concerned, some of the Anime crowd were just as annoying as they were.

Fact is, a small minority of players that are active on the forums, isn't enough for WG to spam the ARP content on the NA server. I'd say that's the most likely reason for lack of ARP content in NA, not the rabid Anti-anime people.

I mean really, when did WG ever seem overly concerned about negative player reactions? :unsure:

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

ARP missions were constantly spammed in the mission window, not something you can turn off. So not exactly completely hidden as you seem to claim.

And honestly, there were about a dozen angry trolls who hated the thought of Anime being in the game, most of them seem to have gone MIA. Perhaps they were finally booted, who knows. And as far as I'm concerned, some of the Anime crowd were just as annoying as they were.

Fact is, a small minority of players that are active on the forums, isn't enough for WG to spam the ARP content on the NA server. I'd say that's the most likely reason for lack of ARP content in NA, not the rabid Anti-anime people.

I mean really, when did WG ever seem overly concerned about negative player reactions? :unsure:

"constantly spammed in the mission window". There was nothing else to be put in the mission window. Complaining about a **** image that you see in a small window that you don't have to look at while actually PLAYING the game like they SHOULD be if they started it up is not a reason to complain. There is no reason to get triggered over a damn image unless it's blatantly inappropriate- and they most DEFINITELY were not.

As for "those people". I can't speak to all of them, but the worst of them is still very much existent on forums. They've just probably been told that if they throw hate speech around one more time they're gone for good. :)

"Small minority of players active on forums". You do realize that people who enjoy the ARP ships are not limited to a SMALL PORTION of the forums, let alone limited to the forums in any form at all... right? Besides, WG claims (emphasis on CLAIMS) that it was put off due to "the quantity of events at the time". Ofc before that they said it was because they needed to get things ready. Before that they said they forgot. Can't get their stories straight, frankly.

Good point.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Small minded haters are always going to hate. Just wish WG didn't cave in at every turn

They don't, still no Marblehead buffs!
Edited by crzyhawk

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,320 posts

They don't, still no Marblehead buffs!

Don't remind me Sometimes I honestly feel like this

1FfOt6Q.gif

Members
674 posts
4,336 battles

As much as I love ARP ships, I have mixed feelings with more ARP clones. If they give the ships different consumables and stats it might make it worth while to grind for them. Well, one can only dream.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

"constantly spammed in the mission window". There was nothing else to be put in the mission window. Complaining about a **** image that you see in a small window that you don't have to look at while actually PLAYING the game like they SHOULD be if they started it up is not a reason to complain. There is no reason to get triggered over a damn image unless it's blatantly inappropriate- and they most DEFINITELY were not.

As for "those people". I can't speak to all of them, but the worst of them is still very much existent on forums. They've just probably been told that if they throw hate speech around one more time they're gone for good. :)

"Small minority of players active on forums". You do realize that people who enjoy the ARP ships are not limited to a SMALL PORTION of the forums, let alone limited to the forums in any form at all... right? Besides, WG claims (emphasis on CLAIMS) that it was put off due to "the quantity of events at the time". Ofc before that they said it was because they needed to get things ready. Before that they said they forgot. Can't get their stories straight, frankly.

Good point.

Creating facts to support your beliefs?

Exactly what proof do you have that any significant portion of the player base is demanding/wanting ARP content? Answer: You don't. 

My opinion is based on a reasonable explanation for the lack of content, and WG's normal response to player concerns. 

Not claiming I know WG's reasoning, but if you step back and take your personal needs out of the equation, which is more likely? That WG would cave to a limited number of trolls? Or simply that the number of players demanding ARP content isn't as large as you'd like to believe? :hmm:

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Creating facts to support your beliefs?

Exactly what proof do you have that any significant portion of the player base is demanding/wanting ARP content? Answer: You don't. 

My opinion is based on a reasonable explanation for the lack of content, and WG's normal response to player concerns.

Not claiming I know WG's reasoning, but if you step back and take your personal needs out of the equation, which is more likely? That WG would cave to a limited number of trolls? Or simply that the number of players demanding ARP content isn't as large as you'd like to believe? :hmm:

Get off your "lack of evidence" high horse. You have a whopping total of zero evidence to support your argument as well. If anything, WG, a large company that has an obligation to make large profits, decided to embark on this venture. Indicating that they felt the player base who would join for these ops was large enough hat they would do so. Notice that on other servers (Asia in particular) these ops are released much more frequently. So we know the ships are modeled and complete, but why haven't we gotten them? Simple, WGNA's team responsible for event planning has done so at the expense of frequent ARP ops, you notice there isn't a day without some sort of event, that's because WGNA is trying to get rid of every event as fast as they can so they can move on to the next one. Because there is a gross excess of silly, week or two long, little stupid ops that they planned that we have to play, that no one really wants. Examples: Basketball camo, gold damage, grabbing the torch, etc.
Edited by goldeagle1123

Members
415 posts
6,404 battles

You keep fighting for Social Justice baby!   We've got to shut down any speech that we can label "Hate", and by that, we mean, anything we disagree with!  Only through solidarity can we force those who have a different opinion to just keep it to themselves or hopefully, just to get banned forever from the whole planet and stuff!!!!!   WE CAN CREATE A UTOPIA, just give us absolute power to squash dissent and I know we can do it!   We should never ever get triggered by mean stuff! 

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

You keep fighting for Social Justice baby!   We've got to shut down any speech that we can label "Hate", and by that, we mean, anything we disagree with!  Only through solidarity can we force those who have a different opinion to just keep it to themselves or hopefully, just to get banned forever from the whole planet and stuff!!!!!   WE CAN CREATE A UTOPIA, just give us absolute power to squash dissent and I know we can do it!   We should never ever get triggered by mean stuff!

What people were saying was pointless drivel and just blatant insults and hate speech to people who enjoyed the anime-related content. You're just some antagonistic jackwad that wants to insult people on the forum and cries "waaah my freedom of speech" whenever you get moderated. Too bad, you don't get freedom of speech on the forums.
Edited by goldeagle1123

Sign in to follow this