You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bakta_tank

Iwaki's current status

9 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
418 posts
6,962 battles

I don't dust the old girl often but boy I got a surprise recently. From the death pickle status it looks like she's currently like a poor Yubari's cousin (spotted before one can shoot, a huge citadel box), and I don't mean Yubari as she is right now, more like she was about 4 month ago.

Not to complain about her status, or free ship, I  just want to ask around how  others old hands see her right now.

Beta Testers
898 posts
14,840 battles

actually talking about Yubari, after that hp patch and that aim upgrade is still horible ship but playable. For me it was huge step up for yubari.

But 3rd tower instead of AA options ll be beast :D

• Cool 1

[BONKZ]
Members
887 posts
11,701 battles

Why do people say the Yubari is bad? I do amazing in mine:

Yūbari    4    CA/CL     Japan    42    73.81%    33,954    1,173    2.0    1.2    3.8    38%    51%    18%    1,320

(Don't know how to copy it, go on Warships Today if you don't believe me)

[HINON]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
2,632 posts
6,436 battles

in the last 2 weeks, the Iwaki has been played only a tenth of the Yubari..  719 to 7184 but in those games, it's stats are better than the Yubari.    Iwaki is a difficult ship to play and has no stealth fire on torps or guns but does have smoke which is huge..  Shes a destroyer leader and playes like a very visible destroyer with a citadel.   If you get targetted and shot at and you aren't really really good at WASD you will die quickly, but she has 10km torps and a LOT of players at T4 haven't learnt WASD yet :)

play her conservatively.. pick your battles and try to run in.. do damage..   run out    still one of my favorite ships in the game.

M

Edited by MaliceA4Thought

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles

Interestingly enough, Iwaki is one of the few ships (along with Katori, I believe) that gets the same accuracy upgrade module that Yubari got in her recent stealth buff.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
2,632 posts
6,436 battles

Interestingly enough, Iwaki is one of the few ships (along with Katori, I believe) that gets the same accuracy upgrade module that Yubari got in her recent stealth buff.

yes she does which gives it rail guns, although not many of them :)

M

Alpha Tester
758 posts
5,526 battles

Her guns are quite effective and smoke is a fun place to hide. Use the maneuverability to get around and avoid shots and don't hesitate to send torps blind at the start. She is a scary ship up close for any bb but also good at range, her guns obliterate destroyers and any japanese tier 4 or under can be easily citadeled by her AP.

Alpha Tester
418 posts
6,962 battles

in the last 2 weeks, the Iwaki has been played only a tenth of the Yubari..  719 to 7184 but in those games, it's stats are better than the Yubari.    Iwaki is a difficult ship to play and has no stealth fire on torps or guns but does have smoke which is huge..  Shes a destroyer leader and playes like a very visible destroyer with a citadel.   If you get targetted and shot at and you aren't really really good at WASD you will die quickly, but she has 10km torps and a LOT of players at T4 haven't learnt WASD yet :)

play her conservatively.. pick your battles and try to run in.. do damage..   run out    still one of my favorite ships in the game.

M

That has been my accessment as well. Being conservative is new for me on an Iwaki, the citadel part given the amount of German BB playing.

Those are not bad, or newbie, players. They know their ship, they look after secondraies ranges, and that citadel box is quite huge...Planning on opponents' dumbness is not a good idea anymore.

I still like her a lot, but one would be kidding oneself if the main point is hoping the opponents are seals to club anymore.