Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

Warning to new players...

16 comments in this topic

Members
1,881 posts
7,191 battles

Most of us know better, but for those of you who do not. I was asked tonight in game through a private message if i would let this guy use my account so he could test out the Iowa and see if he liked it. He wanted my login info. I said no of course and sent a report to WG with a pic. You newer folks to gaming who may not know you will see these types of scams every now and then... Do not and i say again DO not give them any info. 

Copy of screenshot sent to WG minus the players name. 

For WG Report 2.jpg

For WG Report 2.jpg

Edited by SeaQuest_
  • Cool 9

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

..You forgot to black out the top left.

/sigh

Members
1,881 posts
7,191 battles

..You forgot to black out the top left.

/sigh

Will do now lol, tired and late... Fixed

Edited by SeaQuest_

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Only give your account information to another person if you are absolutely sure that they are another part of your split personality. Other than that, don't.

Members
781 posts
9,892 battles

Internet 101... don't give out personal info to strangers... lol

Also assuming you've set up a payment authorisation with paypal, he can go and buy everything out of the shop since it just does that now without asking for a password.... or even confirmation :sceptic:

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

Only give your account information to another person if you are absolutely sure that they are another part of your split personality. Other than that, don't.

eef.png

Members
1,209 posts

You did the right thing taking a screenshot and sending it to Wargaming. Sadly if this is a person who is out to rip off accounts and gets banned he will just make another account and do it all over again. 

[HFXSD]
Beta Testers
753 posts
8,107 battles

Internet 101... don't give out personal info to strangers... lol

Also assuming you've set up a payment authorisation with paypal, he can go and buy everything out of the shop since it just does that now without asking for a password.... or even confirmation :sceptic:

That's not correct. I'm prompted to enter my password when I purchase from the Premium shop via PayPal

[M-B]
[M-B]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
212 posts
11,821 battles

I hope his computer gets locked out of everything WG has and will have in the future...... that's just not cool. There is no candy in that van people!

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,604 battles

Wow. That's some solid brass ones there. That should be an instant perma-ban. Easy.

Either that, or an incredibly naive, non-savvy computer user.  I mean, this person asked the OP why he wouldn't let him use the OP's account.  I mean, really, how can someone NOT know why you wouldn't ask this, unless they really were completely naive and ignorant on this?

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

I love how he calls you a bad person for not giving a total stranger personal information.

• Cool 6

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

That's not correct. I'm prompted to enter my password when I purchase from the Premium shop via PayPal

Actually, that is absolutely correct. If you have pre-authorization setup through paypal, it does not ask you for anything to make a purchase.

And this is now the DEFAULT setup, which paypal changes without any notice to the buyer.

Beta Testers
123 posts
2,244 battles

That was hilarious, I was in chat when Seaquest let everyone else know what that guy was doing.  He proceeded the deny the claim, then SQ copied the guy's question in general chat.  Many lulz were had.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this