You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SunTzu71

Can the Großer Kurfürst PLEASE get a better torpedo belt?

56 comments in this topic

[PISD]
Beta Testers
594 posts
35,224 battles

Found the typo in her description.

dmPIw9T.png

Is this NOT absurd?

This ship is the largest ship in the game, yet it has one of the worst torpedo belts at its tier. For a ship that can't even turn well, this is quite hilarious how WG wanted this ship to get nuked by torpedoes.

BEFORE ANYONE ASKS... Yes I do use my Hydroacoustic Search. I use it a LOT. I run the premium version. A LOT. I even run the module that increases the protection to a WHOPPING 27%!

Even then, when going full speed, it's extremely difficult to not eat anywhere from 1 to 3 torps AT LEAST. And then add on the fact that this "powerful protection" doesn't even hardly knock off but 6k from a Shimakaze torpedo, it's literally pointless. And then let's flood from almost every torpedo that hits, and we've got a floating XP pinata. Meanwhile, Yamato sits on a cushy 55%, meaning a Shimakaze torp does 11.5k. Add to that the reduces chance of flooding to boot.

I don't hate this ship as a whole. I like the armor. I like the AA (when it's not blown up). I LOVE the guns. I LOVE the secondaries. I LOVE its looks.

It's just that this damn thing's torpedo belt may as well not even exist.

Again, considering it's the LARGEST SHIP IN THE GAME... It deserves better.

Edited by Schlachtschiff_Gneisenau
  • Cool 9

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

The 20-30% range is fairly low for a battleship. IIRC, the Arizona has 32% torpedo damage reduction. The Amagi has torpedo reduction in the 40%-50% range and Yamato has even more. The biggest battleships should at least have a 30% reduction for its torpedo protection.

Both Kurry and Fred deserve that much, I would say, and I don't have any high tier KM BBs.

• Cool 3

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,893 battles

60% torpedo protection please. 

• Cool 1

[PISD]
Beta Testers
594 posts
35,224 battles

60% torpedo protection please. 

I just want at least 40%. I'm not over-asking, am I?

I mean, this must be a sick joke on Wargaming's part. I want to hope they weren't being serious about keeping her this way. This is insane as-is.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

100% protection:trollface:

[PISD]
Beta Testers
594 posts
35,224 battles

Careful with that gif.. a WG mod might bust ya for the happy happy windmills of friendship...

[ANKER]
Members
1,196 posts
6,279 battles

Didnt you hear? The battleship cruiser Moskva is so easily detectable that it needs a good ok torpedo belt....

To take a quote from a certain WG FAQ...

no seriously, that lack of a torpedo protection dissuades the Kurfurst from doing what it was hyped to do: brawl

HP buff was a step in the right direction, now lets see a TPS buff, doesnt have to be better than the Yamato, 33-45% would be fine

[PISD]
Beta Testers
594 posts
35,224 battles

Didnt you hear? The battleship cruiser Moskva is so easily detectable that it needs a good ok torpedo belt....

To take a quote from a certain WG FAQ...

no seriously, that lack of a torpedo protection dissuades the Kurfurst from doing what it was hyped to do: brawl

HP buff was a step in the right direction, now lets see a TPS buff, doesnt have to be better than the Yamato, 33-45% would be fine

Yeah. I read that FAQ. It's quite funny how WG defends the Khab and Moskva on the basis of detection range.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Careful with that gif.. a WG mod might bust ya for the happy happy windmills of friendship...

there...

Now its a YouTube video.

• Cool 4

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Should be at least 35 - 45. In reality, it would likely have 55 - 62 torpedo protection.

[PISD]
Beta Testers
594 posts
35,224 battles

Should be at least 35 - 45. In reality, it would likely have 55 - 62 torpedo protection.

At the very least it needs to be better than Montana. It should be in the low to mid 40s, at the very least.

• Cool 1

[OJITT]
Beta Testers
521 posts
3,221 battles

Give and take,  Deal with the devil,  What on the Grober Kurfurst are you willing to sacrifice to gain that extra Torpedo protection?

Edited by Hereticus2142

[PISD]
Beta Testers
594 posts
35,224 battles

Give and take,  Deal with the devil,  What on the Grober Kurfurst are you willing to sacrifice to gain that extra Torpedo protection?

Please, tell me what Yamato has sacrificed for her 55% Torpedo Protection?

Comparable armor: Check.

Better, albeit fewer guns: Check.

Better maneuverability: Check.

Similar AA: Check.

More accurate: Check.

So what does Yamato lose out on in this "give and take" scenario?

Sorry, for the sake of making the ship more than mediocre, it needs to not get obliterated by every last one of the two billion torpedoes launched in an average Tier 10 battle.

Thus far, the GK has the worst survival rate among T10 BBs, and it hasn't even been a week. (Warships.today)

Lowest survival, yet has the most HP... Think about that for a moment.

• Cool 4

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

lose the hydro and you can talk.   it does have high hp and 4km torp detection with hydro on.  6km for ships.

Beta Testers
161 posts
1,391 battles

Found the typo in her description.

dmPIw9T.png

Is this NOT absurd?

This ship is the largest ship in the game, yet it has one of the worst torpedo belts at its tier. For a ship that can't even turn well, this is quite hilarious how WG wanted this ship to get nuked by torpedoes.

BEFORE ANYONE ASKS... Yes I do use my Hydroacoustic Search. I use it a LOT. I run the premium version. A LOT. I even run the module that increases the protection to a WHOPPING 27%!

Even then, when going full speed, it's extremely difficult to not eat anywhere from 1 to 3 torps AT LEAST. And then add on the fact that this "powerful protection" doesn't even hardly knock off but 6k from a Shimakaze torpedo, it's literally pointless. And then let's flood from almost every torpedo that hits, and we've got a floating XP pinata. Meanwhile, Yamato sits on a cushy 55%, meaning a Shimakaze torp does 11.5k. Add to that the reduces chance of flooding to boot.

I don't hate this ship as a whole. I like the armor. I like the AA (when it's not blown up). I LOVE the guns. I LOVE the secondaries. I LOVE its looks.

It's just that this damn thing's torpedo belt may as well not even exist.

Again, considering it's the LARGEST SHIP IN THE GAME... It deserves better.

Germans have weak TDS, which is understandable as it was just a simple void-liquid-wall combo, while other nations uses a void-liquid-void-wall TDS.

[PISD]
Beta Testers
594 posts
35,224 battles

lose the hydro and you can talk.   it does have high hp and 4km torp detection with hydro on.  6km for ships.

What good does the hydro do, if jamming the ship into full astern, and full left/right rudder doesn't even let you dodge torpedoes when the hydro is on? I mean, you'll dodge some of them of course. But when the remainder do close to full damage, what's the point? All it seems to do is prolong the inevitable, agonizing death by torpedo. 

Meanwhile in Yamatoland...

Again, how is 25% considered "powerful"?

• Cool 1

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

Everything seems ok here to me. Don't forget the "historically accurate" Russi-..... no. You know what? I am done. I cannot even joke about it at this point. It has gotten this **** bad. This needs to stop WG. Stop trying to deny something that's clearly present in the game and do something about it or you're gonna start losing players. There's so much imbalance in this game at this point because you want your precious Russian ships to be better than the rest it's made me want to quit at times- and I'm sure many others who constantly complain about it as well. I finally did it. Despite KNOWING they were OP I finally touched them JUST TO SATISFY the people who say "but you haven't even tried them so you can't say that". Guess what. THEY WERE. They overperform outstandingly. ALL of them. They are SO OP that it's not even fun to play them. I mean- yeah being roflstomped by them sucks. But not nearly as bad as feeling like I'm cheesing the game by using something that's clearly OP.

I know this thread is about the grosser kurfuerst, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's a LOT that needs changing. T9+ as a whole needs serious rebalancing. Nerfs to BBs. Buffs to cruisers. Rebalancing of the DDs of different nations. CVs as a whole need to be completely reworked from the ground up to make them even remotely playable and functional at even low tiers. WG, you've been very "pro player" lately. If it's not just for some good PR, it's time to start fixing the game itself, not just the playerbase.

• Cool 1

[PISD]
Beta Testers
594 posts
35,224 battles

Everything seems ok here to me. Don't forget the "historically accurate" Russi-..... no. You know what? I am done. I cannot even joke about it at this point. It has gotten this **** bad. This needs to stop WG. Stop trying to deny something that's clearly present in the game and do something about it or you're gonna start losing players. There's so much imbalance in this game at this point because you want your precious Russian ships to be better than the rest it's made me want to quit at times- and I'm sure many others who constantly complain about it as well. I finally did it. Despite KNOWING they were OP I finally touched them JUST TO SATISFY the people who say "but you haven't even tried them so you can't say that". Guess what. THEY WERE. They overperform outstandingly. ALL of them. They are SO OP that it's not even fun to play them. I mean- yeah being roflstomped by them sucks. But not nearly as bad as feeling like I'm cheesing the game by using something that's clearly OP.

I know this thread is about the grosser kurfuerst, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's a LOT that needs changing. T9+ as a whole needs serious rebalancing. Nerfs to BBs. Buffs to cruisers. Rebalancing of the DDs of different nations. CVs as a whole need to be completely reworked from the ground up to make them even remotely playable and functional at even low tiers. WG, you've been very "pro player" lately. If it's not just for some good PR, it's time to start fixing the game itself, not just the playerbase.

Well said. I wouldn't mind a whole reworking of T9 and T10, just like WG is doing with World of Tanks, except they're doing the whole game there...

+1

[RRN]
Members
640 posts
3,950 battles

you played 1062 battles before you touched Soviet ships, also you only played the Orlan, Novik and Bogatyr, To add insult to injury you do have similar to better stats in a Kolberg vs a Bogatyr at least during the same time you player Soviet ships. Sorry for brining up your stats.

So your experience with soviet ships is a the experience of an above average player coming down to a low tier to start grinding a new line. 

To OP yea 25% is really bad.

Edited by meat2

[PISD]
Beta Testers
594 posts
35,224 battles

you played 1062 battles before you touched Soviet ships, also you only played the Orlan, Novik and Bogatyr, To add insult to injury you do have similar to better stats in a Kolberg vs a Bogatyr at least during the same time you player Soviet ships.

So your experience with soviet ships is a the experience of an above average player coming down to a low tier to start grinding a new line. 

To OP yea 25% is really bad.

Come on guys, let's try not to derail the topic at hand.

[PISD]
Beta Testers
594 posts
35,224 battles

The GroBer Kurfürst can get 28% torpedo protection. Damage control module 1 increases torpedo protection by 3% :P

Actually, on my screen, it goes to 27%.

[NMKJT]
Members
4,272 posts
9,133 battles

Srsly WG, you need to up it. Even Montana has higher TDS value than it does. :ohmy:

Edited by MnemonScarlet