You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Auriana

WORLD OF OCEAN CAMP--higher tiers

18 comments in this topic

Members
183 posts
6,603 battles

So another frustrating idiotic day on WOWS..We had 3 battleships and 1 dd and 1 cruiser all camp and hide behind islands without moving...we ended up reporting the ca and 1 bb..look i know this is a arcade game...but 45,000 tons of battleship cannot hide behind an island and not move ..this is not some forest..its the ocean...funny enough just like in WOT all the tier 8-9-10s camp and now as i progress higher in WOWS..guess what more camping/hiding like spineless cowards by the higher tiers..

something with the game economics is clearly broken where hiding your ship behind a damn island is more economical then actually playing the game..

some possible fixes

the stop engines button on this needs to be removed.. or

u move your ship to hide it behind island..if u sit still for more then 2 minutes u explode..u lose all xp and gain no credits for that battle.

reduce the number of islands...and some maps need this really badly

[BONKZ]
Members
887 posts
11,701 battles

What needs to be changed is the repair bills, if I get sunk in my brand new Montana, I lose 300k credits, that's way too much. I know WG doesn't want everyone to play high tiers (hence the repair bills) but this is just too much.

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

u move your ship to hide it behind island..if u sit still for more then 2 minutes u explode..u lose all xp and gain no credits for that battle.

Uh... no.

Members
3,880 posts
16,739 battles

...explode because you stopped? what if you get disconnected from the battle? or if your game crashes mid battle? this is easily one of the dumbest "fixes" ive ever seen on anything

• Cool 1

Members
832 posts
1,264 battles

some possible fixes

OMG you should work at WG

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Being a former board game player way, way back... there is a phrase associated with war games that goes something like this...

It's not called sits-kreig. 

I'm sure there are more modern terms for it but let's look at the roles being played. Initially, base defense could be claimed. The bigger picture says mobile reserves and here it comes - artillery. Yup, it's mobile artillery most folks enjoy playing - for whatever reason, justification - that is what it represents in-game. People like shooting others whilst minimizing the damage to themselves. They also don't know you, me or anyone else on the team (unless they division with a friend) so though you think they should care about you and your game, they don't. 

It's the way it is until the game gets adjusted. 

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

So another frustrating idiotic day on WOWS..We had 3 battleships and 1 dd and 1 cruiser all camp and hide behind islands without moving...we ended up reporting the ca and 1 bb..look i know this is a arcade game...but 45,000 tons of battleship cannot hide behind an island and not move ..this is not some forest..its the ocean...funny enough just like in WOT all the tier 8-9-10s camp and now as i progress higher in WOWS..guess what more camping/hiding like spineless cowards by the higher tiers..

something with the game economics is clearly broken where hiding your ship behind a damn island is more economical then actually playing the game..

some possible fixes

honestly- I think the people who are not getting within secondary rage are under utilizing their battleships

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Here is how the gearbox works on your ship

0 = explode

1 = Slooooooow

2 = Average

3 = Fast

Full = Very Fast

R = Rocket Fast

Edited by MrDeaf

Members
149 posts
3,028 battles

honestly- I think the people who are not getting within secondary rage are under utilizing their battleships

Getting that close requires making past a wall of torpedoes. I will get that close when the cruisers do their job and sink that m***************of a***** Shimakaze.

Beta Testers
412 posts
1,415 battles

i think what is going on is that this is way for you the player to spend real money to buy the doubloons so you get premium or convert, in other words pay more lose less

[P_P]
Beta Testers
631 posts
7,704 battles

Dude 450000tons battleship should also not afraid a lonely dd but WG decide to make their game this way so nothing u can do about it.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

And so a new troll comes to the forum . sigh

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,320 battles

What needs to be changed is the repair bills, if I get sunk in my brand new Montana, I lose 300k credits, that's way too much. I know WG doesn't want everyone to play high tiers (hence the repair bills) but this is just too much.

No, actually, that is just about right; a new tuna boat is expensive these days.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,320 battles

Dude 450000tons battleship should also not afraid a lonely dd but WG decide to make their game this way so nothing u can do about it.

You should tell that to the Taffy guys at Leyte Gulf, they'd love that.

[SYN]
Members
5,949 posts
13,825 battles

You should tell that to the Taffy guys at Leyte Gulf, they'd love that.

In fairness, they were probably more afraid of the Japanese task force than the Japanese were of them, at least before the battle got properly underway.  They were forced into a situation they weren't quite prepared for, but boy did they rise to the occasion.