Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Auriana

Spotting mechanics totally broken since update

25 comments in this topic

Members
183 posts
6,603 battles

So apparently from a distance of 2km to 6km a battleship cant see a 2000 tons of DD steel... 24 freaking torpedoes launched at me and i couldnt fight back cause i couldnt see the ship..they vanish in and out of the ocean like they have some broken malfunctioning klingon cloaking device...

WG..2000 TONS OF STEEL CANT JUST VANISH IN THE OPEN OCEAN...fix your goddamn sighting mechanics

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,371 battles

I'm pretty sure this was always the way the mechanics worked...

Also:

6C92tbc.gif

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

sighting mechanics working as intended.

Replay and screenshot please?

And if you think the game is broken, why are you playing? that's a great solution to your bickering

• Cool 1

[HAIFU]
-Members-
702 posts
7,365 battles

The only change spotting mechanics received recently was that ships have to be travelling around 12 knots or less to stay hidden in smoke when broadside or heading towards and enemy.

[DCP1F]
Members
167 posts
6,931 battles

I'm pretty sure this was always the way the mechanics worked...

Also:

6C92tbc.gif

There's no dd that isn't detected at 2km. Unless it's in smoke op didn't mention smoke soo.

I've also had a cruiser or two go undetected right after firing from ranges of 6-8km with no smoke or islands around so dunno. Overall though it happens so rarely I'm not really worried about it.

Edited by Dalriaden

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Spotting mechanics seem ok, but I'm still wondering when they plan on fixing detection....

And if you have a bug, you need to post video of it...nothing personal, but far too many newer players simply don't understand the mechanics at all.

Edited by awiggin

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Against my character and better judgement, I feel an insatiable urge to report anyone and everyone who continues posting this mean, stupid, condescending, objectionable gif. Stop it.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Against my character and better judgement, I feel an insatiable urge to report anyone and everyone who continues posting this mean, stupid, condescending gif. Stop it.

You'll have to be more specific....:teethhappy:
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

gurudennis, on 20 August 2016 - 06:54 PM, said:

Against my character and better judgement, I feel an insatiable urge to report anyone and everyone who continues posting this mean, stupid, condescending gif. Stop it.

You'll have to be more specific....:teethhappy:

Dammit, you almost baited me into quoting it verbatim :)

[ANKER]
Members
1,196 posts
6,279 battles

Against my character and better judgement, I feel an insatiable urge to report anyone and everyone who continues posting this mean, stupid, condescending, objectionable gif. Stop it.

killjoy...it'd be better to feel and urge to report OP pls nerf threads :teethhappy:

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

:facepalm:Another one of these threads.....

First of all, all DDs have detection ranges higher than 5km. Second, no DD has 24 torpedoes. Third, please learn more about the game mechanics. Fourth, learn to use WASD, or don't, and stop complaining. 

Seriously, people always blame WG for the fact that they don't understand the game.....

Edited by Aduial

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,371 battles

There's no dd that isn't detected at 2km. Unless it's in smoke op didn't mention smoke soo.

I've also had a cruiser or two go undetected right after firing from ranges of 6-8km with no smoke or islands around so dunno. Overall though it happens so rarely I'm not really worried about it.

It was probably smoke and what are you doing that close to smoke unless you are another destroyer?

And that cruiser you are talking about is probably a destroyer that is speccted for concealment.  Either that or it could be serious problems with your rendering.

Members
183 posts
6,603 battles

:facepalm:Another one of these threads.....

First of all, all DDs have detection ranges higher than 5km. Second, no DD has 24 torpedoes. Third, please learn more about the game mechanics. Fourth, learn to use WASD, or don't, and stop complaining. 

Seriously, people always blame WG for the fact that they don't understand the game.....

there was more then 1 dd up to 3..and no i didnt see them..so either spotting or as someone said..detection mechanics are not working properly..

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

read it..i never said anything about torpedoes or DDS being OP..learn to read

and you need to not get salty and reply.

you'll get made fun of, and I'll just sit back here.

there was more then 1 dd up to 3..and no i didnt see them..so either spotting or as someone said..detection mechanics are not working properly..

and was there smoke??

Members
4,535 posts
16,627 battles

So apparently from a distance of 2km to 6km a battleship cant see a 2000 tons of DD steel... 24 freaking torpedoes launched at me and i couldnt fight back cause i couldnt see the ship..they vanish in and out of the ocean like they have some broken malfunctioning klingon cloaking device...

WG..2000 TONS OF STEEL CANT JUST VANISH IN THE OPEN OCEAN...fix your goddamn sighting mechanics

So far it's been nerfed CL's and sighting mechanics.  What's next?  HE spam?  DD's OP?  I want submarines?  Where does it end for you?

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Smoke is irrelevant. 2 km is assured detection range. You'll see the other ship if there's an island between you.

Members
223 posts
13,470 battles

​On my Fubuki I have a 15 point Captain; yes I run concealment  which brings my detectability down to 5.5 by sea; air is 3.5 something.  Now imagine this setup with no planes on the map.  I can get as close as 6 k to a enemy ship and launch 9 torps. and cruise around for I think 75 sec. till reloaded without being seen. I just got the concealment perk on my captain and learning how to use it. The thing with a concealment torp boat is if you get spotted by a unseen destroyers at the last second you loose about half your health twisting away in smoke and engine boost. So for me I have really bad games and some really good games. The bad outweigh the good right now. My best game was over 300K but there was no air or destroyers,, I think I was the only one on the flank and had 2 BB and a cruiser. All I did was wait for them to line up in pairs. You may say it does not take skill to fire a torp. Your right but it does take skill to score big in a concealment set up torp boat. I just had one good game; but with every set up in this game brings about different game play.

Regards,

Drill

PS I do not play BB that much because it is not my game play. I can watch streamer on twitch add up over 300 K a game after game because they know there ships and are really good. I do not complain about them because they like BB game play.

Beta Testers
282 posts
4,998 battles

Well, to be fair I've had it happen a number of times that a DD popped up at less than 1km in smoke. I assumed it was a detection polling issue. I actually rammed a mahan in my kiev the other day, we were in the same smoke and didn't spot each other until literally point blank. There also seems to be an issue with DD's being spotted but no SA going off after the recent change. 

Members
488 posts
10,310 battles

Well, to be fair I've had it happen a number of times that a DD popped up at less than 1km in smoke. I assumed it was a detection polling issue. I actually rammed a mahan in my kiev the other day, we were in the same smoke and didn't spot each other until literally point blank. There also seems to be an issue with DD's being spotted but no SA going off after the recent change. 

Not really a spotting issue. You did detect him at 2km as intended, however there is a delay between spotting and the target being rendered. I presume the delay is magnified based on your hardware, but I notice its a longer delay for a ship that I havent seen in the match yet or havent seen in some time. That is, the ship got flushed out of short term video memory and the system has to rebuild it from assets again.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Solution to threads like this....

1. Enable replays

2. Watch replay of issues

3. Identify an actual bug and report it with video proof

4. Post it in the forums, and keep the thread from devolving into a pointless argument.

5. Win the Forums.....:hmm: 

80% of game broken threads will end at #2. :teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin

Beta Testers
11 posts
5,446 battles

speaking of detection range...does anyone know why the Kagero has a torpedo detection range of 2.5km? Other Torp. detection ranges go from 1.4-1.7 approx. but the Kagero jumps way up w/o explanation.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

speaking of detection range...does anyone know why the Kagero has a torpedo detection range of 2.5km? Other Torp. detection ranges go from 1.4-1.7 approx. but the Kagero jumps way up w/o explanation.

Too many BBs complained about how torps were OP, and how they were "undogeable". So WG decided to listen to the biggest whiners and nerfed the torp detection on high tier IJN torps. 

Sign in to follow this