You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Summon3r

german AP in BB's

16 comments in this topic

[CWGC]
Members
848 posts
2,977 battles

so low tier, just rolling through the kaiser here fully upgraded and it seems that this thing has serious issues penning unless it is 100% broadside. anyone else getting this? hell a furytaco just bounced 4 AP shells lol?

just a low tier junk gun issue?

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Furu is a tank but

The Führer made some weak [edited]guns...

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

It only requires 22mm of armor to autobounce 305mm shells.

And an angled Furutaka is a tank in that regard.

Beta Testers
197 posts
1,666 battles

I had no problems getting the Kaiser to do damage, and I'm not having any problems in the Konig either.

I just got out of this last game in the Konig, the ship seemed to perform just fine.

konig%20seal%20clubbing_zps5qyhduvb.jpg

[CWGC]
Members
848 posts
2,977 battles

I had no problems getting the Kaiser to do damage, and I'm not having any problems in the Konig either.

I just got out of this last game in the Konig, the ship seemed to perform just fine.

konig%20seal%20clubbing_zps5qyhduvb.jpg

oh ive heard konig is nice, dont get me wrong i get decent damage matches and some real good and bad ones but the bounces seem to happen A LOT... but that has been answered above

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

It only requires 22mm of armor to autobounce 305mm shells.

And an angled Furutaka is a tank in that regard.

I always felt like Furutaka was fragile when i was grinding through her..... I guess i just wasn't very good at angling  back in those days...

Beta Testers
197 posts
1,666 battles

Well honestly I didn't see many citadels while Kaiser grinding, and I'm too new to the Konig to have an opinion yet.   If a cruiser shows me a broadside at 10k I'll citadel all day.  Angled...eh, not so much.

I feel that I could do more reliable citadels in my USN BB grind than I can in the German BB grind.    However I'm doing WAY more overall damage in the German ships than I did in the USN ships because right now low tier BB play is mostly seal clubbing since there are so many inexperienced BB players running around feeding free damage to people who know how to play against them.

I'm not a fantastic player by any means and I averaged only 40k a game in my Wyoming but I averaged around 60k a game in my Kaiser.    Seal clubbing ftw.

Edited by Gaglug

Members
848 posts
6,903 battles

Up to the Konig, the German guns are smaller than their counterparts. Bayern has big guns for its tier, and then tier 7 and 8 reverts to having smaller guns than their opponents.

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

You mean you're getting the guns on your Kaiser to actually hit?  lol  Kidding.   Yeah most of the Germans, from the Nassau even up to the Konig, if it's angled, you'll have better luck with HE, which with the fast reloads of the German line, isn't so horrible.  At least, so far, from my experience that is.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

You mean you're getting the guns on your Kaiser to actually hit?  lol  Kidding.   Yeah most of the Germans, from the Nassau even up to the Konig, if it's angled, you'll have better luck with HE, which with the fast reloads of the German line, isn't so horrible.  At least, so far, from my experience that is.

My experience differs, personally. In my Bismarck, my secondary guns fire the HE that I need to and my primaries will try and citadel broadsides

[RE]
[RE]
Members
63 posts
19,024 battles

I am having great success in the Bayern. I get at least 2 or 3 citadels per sail, all with AP shells

. She is quickly becoming my favorite ship. SH

Edited by steelhealer

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

German BB AP is very lightweight compared to the other BBs. So they are fired at very high velocities to reliably aim for a target ship ... but those low weight shells have poor penetration and bleed velocity at longer ranges. Up close, mind you, they can hit like trucks. The whole line is made up of brawlers, not snipers.

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

My experience differs, personally. In my Bismarck, my secondary guns fire the HE that I need to and my primaries will try and citadel broadsides

I've been having the opposite luck with her.  Can't seem to connect and hit anything :( I'm hoping it was just a bad RNG game, haven't been able to test it since this game due to work schedule. 

6:26 in for the first miss on a destroyer and my absolute noob momentt which almost made the DD players day lol, 6:57 for the next.  Some later on misses on a enemy Kaiser as well. 

Edited by vonKaiser