You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_bac0nator_

How to strafe

10 comments in this topic

[SNK]
Members
47 posts
3,824 battles

I just got my Hosho, and i'm still getting used to the controls.

Can you guys give me a list of the controls for carriers inc. how to strafe?

Thanks,

bacon :p

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
8,968 battles

Controls can be changed by pressing the 2 gears in the top left corner of the port (or pressing esc in battle) and selecting the settings menu and the controls tab.  

Pressing F1 in battle (or selecting the help button instead of settings after clicking the gears on the port screen) gives you a detailed guide for the controls in game including a section for aircraft control.

To strafe with default settings, you select your fighter squadron (the 2 button for Hosho), press and hold Alt, and then left click where you want the strafe to go.

In general the only controls you need are clicking and the number keys (1 is your carrier, 2 the first squadron, 3 the second, etc.)

Holding Alt while clicking lets you do a manual drop with bombers and a strafe with fighters).  The controls aren't difficult its knowing how to use them.

You also need to learn camera controls since you can actually control the entire map with your planes.  If you want to zoom in on your ship or a plane squadron you can use artillery view after you select them (left shift is default).  Arrow keys move your view around in top down view.  Middle mouse button zooms you in or out.

Edited by mrh308

Banned
2,485 posts
977 battles

You can also select multiple squadrons by holding left alt and pressing the squadron numbers, the same way in Windows you hold ctrl and click to select multiple files.

edit: left shift. derp.

Edited by Flametz

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

You can also select multiple squadrons by holding left alt and pressing the squadron numbers, the same way in Windows you hold ctrl and click to select multiple files.

edit: left shift. derp.

After grinding through the Hosho and getting halfway through Zuiho, i still hadn't figured that one out...

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,371 battles

Hold LEFT ALT while moving the mouse around to assign an area to a strafe.

Or alternatively don't do it in general because it wastes ammo and has a ton of end lag.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

You don't get access to it until you pay a monthly tithe of $69.69 and sacrifice your soul to RNGesus.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,371 battles

You don't get access to it until you pay a monthly tithe of $69.69 and sacrifice your soul to RNGesus.

Thought it was when your tonnage for the ship reached 42,069