Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Killjoy1941

PSA: You can use credits for premium consumables

15 comments in this topic

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

This comes up periodically, and new players especially aren't aware they can spend credits instead of doubloons on premium consumables. Given that I've seen this come up pretty frequently in various threads of late, that means it's time for a reminder. Here's how it works.

IqaZQ5E.jpg

aMI5Wbf.jpg

EPDTyCW.jpg

Enjoy your increased number of consumables (you get one extra when using premium) and lessened reload time.

• Cool 6

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,642 battles

Premium damage control on pretty much anything that will mount it is standard for me. Other consumables I swap out for prem and non-prem as needed.

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

Unless you have too much money, equip all prem stuff on Battleships.

On cruisers and DDs, use only reg. repair and reg. consumables.

They should also know about the upgrades, don't you think?

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Also, the Captain skill 'Superintendent' gives you +1 of all #charge consumables. Premium consumables + Superintendent = 2 extra.

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

Man, now more BBs will be able to repair fires faster. You suck killjoy. It's in the name.

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

Man, now more BBs will be able to repair fires faster. You suck killjoy. It's in the name.

Wiki Editors: Striving for a better player base since 2016.:trollface:

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,130 battles

Good post.  I didn't realize I could use credits for premium consumables till almost 6 months into the game.

+1 to you, sir.

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

Good post.  I didn't realize I could use credits for premium consumables till almost 6 months into the game.

+1 to you, sir.

Precisely. I've seen three posts expressing disbelief in the possibility this last week alone, and I probably check less than 5% of topics posted.

Members
6,587 posts
8,564 battles

Unless you have too much money, equip all prem stuff on Battleships.

On cruisers and DDs, use only reg. repair and reg. consumables.

They should also know about the upgrades, don't you think?

I don't know, I've found that extra 20 seconds off the cooldown on a destroyer to be a lifesaver. Either to keep me from taking damage or to simply allow my DD to vanish because it's no longer on fire.

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

I don't know, I've found that extra 20 seconds off the cooldown on a destroyer to be a lifesaver. Either to keep me from taking damage or to simply allow my DD to vanish because it's no longer on fire.

Yup. I use premium on everything, even camo. That's 112,500 credits for tier 9 cruisers, but whatever... it's not like I can't make four times that in one match using an actual premium ship.

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

It works and saves your butt a lot of times, I'll agree to that, but when you're running low on credits (900,000) I just switch it.

[Y81]
Members
836 posts
4,556 battles

+1 to you, sir.

Same here,and when I did hear about it last year it took me a couple of weeks to find out HOW to do it.WG didn't make is obvious!

One other tip,decide which premium consumables to use depending on how likely you are to need it and whether you can cover the cost of having it ( low tier ships might not make enough to cover it).

For  example Damage Control isn't really necessary on lower tier cruisers,and you might not need the extra charge/lessened regen time for a Catapult Fighter.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

PSA: water is wet, fire burns :)

Just kidding, there are bound to be people out there who hadn't realized it.

Sign in to follow this